Lower back question

I did power circuit two days ago and loved it. My only problem is my lower mid-back is really hurting. I'm not sure if it's an injury or just so,so sore from trying out this new tape. Anyone else experience this too? I hope it's not an injury, I just ordered the whole Cross train Express-I didn't own the whole series and wanted too. Thanks for any input! Kathy

OF course I can't say for sure whether you have a true injury or a lot of muscle fatigue and soreness. But I do think the video works the lower and lower-mid back (as opposed to the upper back) region a lot--the holding yourself at the 45 degree angle on the overhand grip rows, the bringing it back up on the triple rows, the deadlifts and the planks! Cathe says these are advanced workouts! One would be wise to pay careful attention to form.

I don't think any of the other videos in this series place such demand on the back. The one exception may be Leaner Legs which does have a lot of deadlifts. Course after all those killer squats you'll be happy to do them (ha ha ha). Seriously though, let your back recupperate, and you will enjoy the other videos!

jeanne

Hi,

I agree with Jeanne, it's probably just due to the extensive back work in power circuit. I just did it yesterday, and I can feel the "tingle" still today. Cathe does many sets of rows and deadlifts in that one, and at a fairly quick pace. If you're still hurting 3 days from now, or are in pain, you might want to get it checked out.
Donna

Thanks so much for the advice. I did give my back a well-deserved break yesterday and today. I did some minor stretching which was a relief. The days I do this tape I may add some additional stretching. I think that was part of my problem, along with the possibility of improper form. Any thoughts regarding a good strength tape? :) Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.