Low Max

I consider Low Max a cardio workout now that I am using an 8" step with it. The extra height really made a difference. I will slowly work up to using an 8" step throughout the entire thing, and now I can make my other step workouts harder. I had been reluctant to increase my step height for awhile now. Low Max is definitely a killer leg workout. I am still feeling it in my inner thighs and it's two days later!

I am feeling outdone, here. I am excited that I can finish Low Max at all, much less with any risers. I have just started adding 1 riser and have to take it out at Combo #4 if I want to finish the tape standing up!!! I was considering myself an intermediate exerciser, too! I am duly humbled!;)

Don't feel bad. You will gain strength and endurance with time. Look at me, I finally got up the nerve to raise my step height to 8" after year and years of only using 6". It was a good challenge, but one that I avoided because of my knee problems in the past when using an 8" step. Now, lo and behold, it's not my knees that are hurting, but my lower back. Has anyone else noticed that problem when increasing your step height? My lower back- which I injured at a part time job I had while in college ages ago- has been hurting me the past few days, and when I did another step video today with an 8" step, it was killing me. So I had to go back down to 6". I had no idea it was the change in step height that I used on Wednesday that was causing the pain until I did step again today. Very frustrating, but I have to listen to my body. I hate having pain in my back since I do a lot of my work standing up.

I have been doing the FitTv version of LoMax (and many others), and I loved it so much that I purchased it last week. I did it for the first time this morning. Wow! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I consider myself intermediate / advanced. My legs were exhausted after this workout. I did it on an 8" step since Cathe recommended that in the introduction. I felt as though I got a good cardio and leg workout at the same time without high impact. I also liked the length of the workout -- it will build up my endurance. I have put together a four week rotation and this will be in once per week. I also purchased KickMax and IMAX 3. I know that I probably won't be able to do all of IMAX 3 from what I've read, but it will be something to work towards. I considered buying IMAX 2, but I get most of it off of FitTv, and thought that this way I could have both. I have been doing classes at the gym, lifting weights and Taebo Advanced tapes for years. The Cathe workouts have been such a refreshing change. Lately I have been mixing in the Cathe FitTv workouts so much that I am cancelling my gym membership. Since the FitTv ones are chopped up, I usually just back it up and redo portions so that I can get a full hour workout. I have been seeing great results and enjoy CoreMax a lot! Sorry for the long message -- I am so excited and happy that I discovered Cathe. I just wish I had sooner. This is my first post to a forum, but I have been reading so much that I thought I would put in my two cents.

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.