Low impact series and body changes

EllieB

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and crew!

I posted this question in the "ask Cathe " forum days before the release pf the new LIS, so may have gone unnoticed...But now that I own the LIS and I am enjoying it sooo greatly because it is a revolutionary way of working out, I still keep wondering this: how this new way of working out has affected your beautiful bodies?
Have you noticed any changes in your muscles/weight/cardiovascular capacity? I know this may sound a bit akward because you guys have probably just added these routines to your previous ones ...I was just curious to know about the changes in seasoned athletes because I think you can appreciate faster the results if compared to the average exerciser, am I right?

Anyway, I think this series is amazing, so well structured, challenging, complete...I could go on for hours in telling you how happy I am with this, hope to get the maximum benefit from it as I've done so far with all the other great Cathe's workouts!

Ellie

To me it looks like everyone is longer and leaner in these workouts. Especially Brenda - she looks "sleeker" to me. Here's hoping that works for me, too!

I wore shorts to workout in this morning and there is a definite change in muscle tone in my upper thighs. They actually look like they're thinning out and more difined. I cycle alot so I normally have big tree trunk legs. I've done Turbo Barre 3x's, Afterburn 2x's, and all the rest at least one time through (except cycle max). I also notice when I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge this morning, the burpee's with the leg kick were a piece of cake, which normally kill me. I'm really loving this new series!:eek:

Let's see . . . besides major DOMS in new places I didn't know I had? My thighs are getting smaller--yippee!!!!:D

I did Athletic Training today and noticed visible definition in my biceps/triceps. Now it hasn't even been two weeks, but that muscle definition seems to have appeared out of no where! Needless to say I was ecstatic and can't wait to see what other results I get from LIS. :cool:

Lisa

I definitely am noticing that my cardiovascular capacity is being challenged in a completely new way. Doing cardio in plank position and on unstable, sliding discs is WAY harder than I ever would have imagined. I have only been doing the workouts for about a week, so no noticable changes yet. However, on Sunday I start the November rotation that Cathe posted, so I anticipate seeing some changes during that time.

Last edited:
I decided to go with the LIS/STS combined rotation, but I'm only on day 2 :p. I did Athletic training and UB Trisets last week, and yesterday was the cardio part of slide and glide and my inner thighs have some impressive DOMS. So I'm really curious to see how this rotation fares at the end of the month, and I would love me some smaller thighs too ;)!

fit@home1, have you contacted customer service to check on your order?

Thnak you all Cathletes for sharing your first results/impressions..!
I am really interested in the effects of the discs as they make the legs work in a totally new way...And I agree with you FitChick that this series is challenging our bodies like never before...I'm still waiting for my discs but tried to do all I could with my paper plates and felt an awesome burn in my legs (esp. when doing planks in Cardio Supersets).Can't wait to read about the results all of you will achieve and hope to have the discs in my hand soon, so that I can tackle Afterburn... And share with you my soreness and DOMS ;)

I think all of the cast looks better than ever. They do look more sleek and less muscle bound. As for myself I can feel my flexibility increase a lot and my glutes are staying on fire!

I swear my glutes look more toned already.

I've had my series for about three weeks or so, and I've been working out 5-6 days per week. I have done Afterburn (3 times), Cardio Supersets (4 times), Turbo Barre (2 times) and Trisets (did both lower and upper today for the first time), and I have definitely noticed that I'm getting stronger already. I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly my endurance has increased already. I notice this most with Afterburn. I've been able to do more mountain climbers (these things are absolutely my nemesis). I have not noticed significant changes in my body YET, but I'm noticing soreness in areas that are usually hard for me to really work effectively, and because I'm getting stronger, I can really do more of each exercise, bend deeper, lunge farther, etc...so I expect this to bring changes. I'm stuck in a weight loss plateau now, trying to drop those final 10 pounds, and I'm optimistic that I'll see some progress with these workouts. These are probably my favorite Cathe workouts ever. I've also varied my routine by going back and doing some of the older ones I love...still doing Low Max and High Reps for weight work.

I am very impressed with how this series is changing my body. My legs and butt are smaller, firmer and have more definition. My clothes seem to be fitting better too. Even my upper body is getting stronger as I have bought heavier weights while doing TBT Upper Body. I think this series was made for the majority of woman that struggle with retaining weight on the lower half. So much innovative leg work while using the discs, bands and even little cups. I hate, HATE ab work, so I am glad there is lots of core exercises without doing the standard crunch. AND the workouts are tough but fun! I am so happy to have invested in this whole series and I am confident it will keep me fit throughout the winter and beyond!

I also hate ab work - and I LOVE the way Cathe has so much ab work in these routines without it being labeled "ab work". I just did cardio supersets yesterday and I definitely have DOMS in my abs today.

I agree - I think Brenda looks leaner, too. Though personally I like it when they are really muscle-bound - like in STS. That is one of the many reasons I love working out with Cathe and crew, they all are so strong (and fit). Whereas many other fitness instructors are really fit, but they aren't so strong.

I am coming back after being away too long. I truly believe that Cathe has the best combination to do the job. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.....I need to lose 50 lbs. Hoping to get it done by June 2012, would love some wisdom and support.

I think my biggest change is that my knees don't hurt! That's HUGE. It makes me able to do the workouts more often and work harder. What a pleasure it is to NOT be modifying all the time. Thanks to Cathe for this low impact, but HIGH intensity series. I'm loving it (and so are my knees).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.