Low impact circuit vs low max

steppin out

Cathlete
Can anyone give me some feedback as to which of these two workouts you like more and why? I am looking for a great cardio workout that is a little easier on the joints than IMAX2, which I love, but I figure it would be a good idea to sometimes give the knees a break! Last year I seem to have done something to my knee while skiing and occasionally it bothers me during some workouts. My exercise goal is to lose some of the fat around the belly.

Thanks for any input!

Lo Max is a low impact version of the Imax videos...IMO. LIC is a circuit video...meaning you change from cardio to weights within the same segment. There is no weight work in LoMax... only cardio. So it depends on what you are looking for. LIC does have a great ab portion at the end of the workout. If you haven't done circuit work before, LIC is a great intro since you are doing cardio and weights too in a low impact format.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

They're two of my favorites. Both of them are good and will help you with your goal.

I personally find the cardio more challenging in LIC. Having just started step with Cathe, I now own both, and work harder with LIC.

LIC has a much higher fun factor than LM, but both are good for you in different ways. LIC is a circuit lovers dream, and LM is for anyone who craves a good, intense low impact workout with an emphasis on the the lower body.

I love both workouts but I think Low Max has tougher cardio because of the blasts and my legs are killing me the next day after that workout. I haven't done Low Max lately because to me it is really tough and kicks my butt. Get them both!!! Hahahahaha

my sis had a knee injury from soccer and can no longer do squats or lunges. lowmax is hard on the legs. i only do step 1-2x a week and highlow or kickboxing.

laura

I agree with the last post....Low Max is definitely low impact which can be good for the joints in general, but if you have a knee problem, this one still may not be for you. I have some knee issues and LMax really bothers my knee with all the deep squats and lunges. I find LIC much more fun and knee friendly especially with all the premix options. Plus LIC has an ab section and if I remember correctly, LoMax does not.

These are two completely different workouts, and I like them both for very different reasons, although I injured my back with LIC a few weeks ago and had to visit my chiro a few times before being able to exercise again. It was my own fault, but the moves ARE more dynamic and challenging, so if you have any weaker muscle groups, you'll want to take it a little easy until you're comfortable with the moves, and really watch your form.

My advice? Buy both LIC and LM.

I agree, you should buy both, I mean, exactly how many low impact workouts has Cathe released anyway?

And, are your joints getting any younger?!!!!!

IMHO, there's a need and place for both, for everyone!

Personally, I prefer to separate my cardio from my strength, so Low max is great. It is one of my all time faves and the music is fab.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.