Looking for Good Probiotic

mbmundt

Cathlete
Hi,

I'm looking for a really good probiotic to take. The last one I bought was from GNC and it was okay. I'm looking for one that has a good amount of strains in it.

I plan on doing a search online but I thought I'd put it out here to all you Cathlete's and see if anyone had a suggestion for me.

Cathlete's are very knowledgeable people!

Brenda

I like this brand, its called 'Renew Life' they are a little pricey, but the number is in the billions rather than a single billion. They need to be refrigerated. Here is a link to the health food store where I buy them, but I think you can get them online from other sources.

I also like Ganaden's IBS Caps. They are only 10$/box online from Vitacost.

Obviously (I assume you know this already.) don't take them in the same swallow as an antibiotic or charcoal capsules.

Alisha

I recently ordered the Renew Life Ultimate Flora from Amazon. I'm taking a chance on this, because the product should be refrigerated. I contacted Amazon, and they replied that if a product comes directly from Amazon (not another seller), the product is stored according to manufacturer directions until shipment. I didn't receive a reply from Renew Life, but a review on Amazon said that according to Renew Life, if the product is stored correctly (refrigerated), it should be okay for up to 5 days during shipment.

The 'Subscribe and Save' is a 15% discount and ships directly from Amazon. It's a HUGE savings ($21.10 for 30 capsules). It shipped on May 2 and I'll be receiving it today (May 4), via UPS. I really hope this works, because it will save me a lot of money, time, and gas--the only decent health food store isn't particularly close or convenient, and their prices are quite high.

ETA: It just came and I popped it in the fridge. The box says to store in a dry place at 73 deg. or below. Best if refrigerated. So it should be okay.

Last edited:
I've taken the Renew Life brand for years, and think it's great. Very $$$, though. :eek: Thus I don't take them as regularly as I should. :eek:

I just saw a new homeopathic doctor this week, and she recommended three brands as being very good (and less expensive.) They were:
Orthobiotic Ortho Molecular Products -- Ortho Biotic Capsules
Primadophilus Probiotics: Primadophilus® Bifidus
Jarrodophilus (original) Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus Original, 100 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

I'm trying the Orthobiotic for the next couple of months.

Best,
Nichole

Thank you all so much for the feedback.

I always feel more comfortable trying something that other have had luck with.

Brenda

I'm looking for a good probiotic also. Anyone have other suggestions or comments about the already mentioned brands? Besides being good quality, I need something that isn't huge and doesn't smell/taste bad. I have a horrible time finding vitamins that I can swallow; never taken a probiotic but it seems most supplements are very large capsules.

taste great

Description
NUTRILITE INTESTIFLORA 7 delivers a concentrated blend of live probiotic cultures and the prebiotics that encourage their growth. Daily use can aid in the digestion of dairy products and help relieve occasional minor diarrhea that may result from changes in diet, eating habits, or stress.

Benefits
NUTRILITE INTESTIFLORA 7
Provides seven highly concentrated levels of healthy microflora
Helps replenish and enhance the natural balance of the healthy probiotics found naturally in your digestive tract
Protects the seven microflora cultures with a unique, patented coating
Comes in a 0.05 gram stick pack that needs no refrigeration

I’ve heard the ingredients in INTESTIFLORA 7 are GRAS. What does that mean?
GRAS stands for generally recognized as safe. Each of the seven probiotics and the FOS prebiotic are generally recognized as safe.
More Information
Use Instructions:
Swallow the contents of 1 stick pack a day. You may also sprinkle it on cold foods or mix with a cold beverage. Does not need refrigeration.

You Can order thru My website cgishops.com or Amway.com.
You can use our Ibo#397966. client registration is free.

I make my own probiotic using kefir grains and 2% pasturized milk. I put it in fruit smoothies and it's also yummy to put in pancake mix instead of buttermilk. I've used the milk to make the Jello lowfat instant pudding mix.

This wiki link will start you off. It's easy and yummy and safe.

Kefir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, yeah - and it's inexpensive. :)

Last edited:
VSL #3 is outstanding, but very pricey.

A few months ago I had a severe bout of digestive issues. I was in absolute misery and my usual regimen of probiotics and digestive and systemic enzymes wasn't working. I found this probiotic and decided to try it (and anything else I could manage - did I mentioned I was in agony? :confused:). Anyway, it worked in one dosage.

I took a systemic enzyme first thing in the morning along with my normal probiotic, digestive enzymes with every meal, and a systemic enzyme, and one packet (450 billion) of probiotic before bed.

Honestly, it was a miracle. My mom bought some for herself and resolved her issues after a long round of antibiotics. Iv'e taken probiotics for many years, but this one just gets the job done.

I don't use it every day unless I have problems. It's just too expensive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.