Lifting like girls

Kinda legs, kinda abs! Tanked yesterday so I did some light, mostly bwt stuff today. Legs are interesting but I did do 3x10 light bench squats (100#), both right hip and knee disapproved but screw them! Then 100 donkey kicks, 100 calf raises, 100 bench crunches and 100 cable crunches. Tomorrow will be arms then shoulders on Saturday. Right shoulder has been sore since Monday bench day then got a pneumonia shot there so did legs and abs today to give it a blow! Cold here, hope it's better weather for y'all!!

Arm day again 20 sets and light due to continuing elbow issues. Tris first, 4 sets of Alt DB curls, 3 sets DB hammer curls, 2 sets 21s and a set of conc curls which were ill advised! Tris were 4 sets skullcrushers, 3 sets of pushdowns, 2 sets tri pushups and a set of kickbacks. Felt good ( well, except the conc curls!). Gonna try to get shoulders in tomorrow. This week is a bye week for Neb... Thankfully!!! This year has been "fugly"!! Hope y'all are doing well!

Last edited:
Lol, BSU has had some fugly moments this year, too! At least you won't be stressed out by football this weekend, Tom! Good job getting a workout in. Have any Thanksgiving plans? We're staying home and ordering dinner, which is exactly what we did last year. It was great so we decided to repeat this year. Also, going with ham instead of turkey because that's what my kids prefer, go figure.

Total body weights today. Probably just UB tomorrow with a chest, shoulders, triceps focus since those were neglected in today's workout. Have a healthy weekend! I'll be back Monday

Shoulder day and again 20 sets. 5sets of seated DB press and didn't go heavy but did 50s x16 14 10. Then 4 long sets of side laterals, rear delt flys, Oly plate front raises and 2x30 DB shrugs. I felt like I hit it hard, not heavy but hard! Lisa, we are going to son 1's for Thanksgiving again this year, it has become sort of tradition! Great work on the workouts! Now for football without stress!! Have a great weekend!!

Tom, good move to make your DS1's house a Thanksgiving tradition. He can do the work while you watch the Bowl games! Hope your weekend was good.

Did a metabolic total body -ish workout for today's WOD. Got a crazy week ahead of me as well as a poor little sick 2 year old, so we shall see how the workouts happen...or don't!...this week. Have a great one!

Chest and Tris, 11sets bench and 4 sets tris. Nothing heavy today, top was 200x4 x3 then 190x5. I was able to get 170 x5 to my chest ( no block) then 150x8, finishing with 100x20 short ROM to finish the stretch. Tris were 3 sets skullcrushers and a finishing set of kickbacks.
Weather here is terrible, snow, cold and wind .....the "crap trifecta"!! Lisa, I hope your sick be little one gets better and DOESN'T "share the wealth" with all of you!!

I did a little back and bi this morning, but limited. I started with light pullovers but that was really tough on the elbows, went to light db curls then was able to go back to light pullovers. 3sets of light pullovers, 3 sets light db rows, and some sets of light db curls. I knew pullups would be awful so I didn't even try those. I don't know if it was the cold weather or what, but getting downstairs was a chore!! Bending my right leg to do the rows was problematic too....all in all, THIS DAY SUCKED!! Venting completed! Tomorrow is either some legs or tank time!!!.....time will tell.

Tom, thanks for the well wishes for my DS. He's such a happy dude. He is pleasant even when sick. Unfortunately he shared with my 4 year old DS, who never hesitates to let the world know she's sick, and miserable!!! I need to buy stock in Children's Tylenol and Advil, lol! Your day yesterday sounded crappy, and gloomy weather never helps when you're already feeling blah. My fingers are crossed that today is better for you

Had an early doc appt this morning but did manage to squeeze in a total body weight workout beforehand. Downside is that I was up so early that this is going to be a loooooong afternoon! Gotta figure out how to keep my eyes open, lol.

Have a better Wednesday than Tuesday, I hope!

Today should have been legs but....you guessed it, punt!! Couldn't think of anything that would work so I caught another hour of sleep. Tomorrow will be shoulders... promise!! Good work Lisa and sorry for the spreading plague!! I laughed hard on your kids dealing with it lol!!

Got shoulders done... finally. 6 sets of seated DB press up to 60sx10 50sx12 40sx14. 3x10 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x15 Oly plate front raises and DB shrugs x25 20 15. Not a marathon but some work done! Arms tomorrow it will be!! Lisa, hope the kids are feeling better and you are able to escape the epidemic!!

Tom, thanks for keeping this thread alive the past few days! I think my little germ soldiers are finally on the upswing, and yes I have managed to escape catching the plague myself...at least as of now!!! Can't blame you for not having a leg day routine right now when your body is screaming "No don't do it!" at you. You came through on shoulders, though, great work!!!

I did some cardio today, aiming for Upper body tomorrow. I'll try to pop in and post this weekend since I've been derelict this week. Hope Big Red smashes the competition this weekend in your honor!

Arm day done! Back to 20 sets, light and long. All DB work except pushdowns and push-ups and nothing over 40s.
Lisa, glad you have eluded the bug thus far and glad the kids are feeling better!! Neb plays Wisconsin this week.... probably not good lol!! Keep on trucking friend, you are a rock of consistency!!

Tom, I consider 40s heavy for back so take that for what it's worth! Your game this weekend sounds like it's a McRib worthy, nail biter! Hope it ends well for you!

Upper body today with a smidge of cardio thrown in. I'm Biceps curling with 20s. So see what I mean about feeling good with your 40 lbs??? Lol! Have a great Saturday!

Punt today Lisa for me. I will either do chest and Tris tonight or just move things back a day. Tomorrow is a bank meeting at 10 so I have no excuses!! I could double chest and back but that may be too much for this old guy! Good job on the metabolic stuff Lisa, I'll try to keep up!!

Chest and triceps, 10 sets bench and 6 sets Tris. No milestones for sure, just doing work. Today was block bench, 100 150 170 190 then 200x3 190x6 then took out the block and did 170x5 150 2x8 then finished with closegrip 100x20 and it felt heavy!!! Crazy but true and it really fried the Tris....may have to do more often! All for me, tomorrow back and bis. Have a great day Lisa and Karen, Hope all is well with you!!

Punt today Lisa for me
Tom, at first read I thought you wrote "PRAY for me, Lisa" and I was worried something awful happened. Then I tapped into my Kindergarten reading skills and realized what you were really saying. Phew! A rest day is not a bad thing when needed! I'm sure you're going to show for shoulder day and arms.

Did some BW legs today. Felt like the right thing to do on this rainy gloomy day. Be well today!

Tom, your tris must be sore today after doing that close grip finisher yesterday!

Did some chest, back, shoulders today. Lots of medical appts today: a yearly wellness check @ pediatrician for DD1; and a visit to one of your people, Tom, of the pediatric variety for all 3 kids (fingers crossed no cavities!). Have a healthy Wednesday

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.