Lifting like girls

Ohhhh Lisa, what a great idea. I've never thought about a treadmill, but just walking while watching my favorite you tube channels. (I'm into knit and crochet these days) I can't believe I admitted that, but it's true. Knitting or crocheting seems to quiet my mind before bed. In fact, the UPS guy just left me a yarn package from Turkey. But walking would be great. Hmmm, something else to think about.

Last edited:
Lisa, yeah that was DH...I can't go that long without eating! Karen, I'm like you and 30 is enough...I do 30 minutes of work, it just takes 60 lol!
Today was chest and Tris and I'm really weaker.... Wow! Only 1 set of bench was with a block. Nothing past 185 and that felt heavy. Wtf!! 12 sets in all 5 sets at 185. 2 sets skullcrushers 2 sets pushdowns and a set of tri pushups. Sucks to be puny, but maybe it's the price to pay to lean out a little. My ego may win though and I'll get back to twizzlers!!!
Good to hear from you guys...keep up the good work!

Today was my own made up workout. Three ten minute AMRAP. Upper body, lower body and core. Five exercises per AMRAP. Total body, thirty minutes. My kind of workout again.
Great yarn delivered yesterday. Christmas project ready. So I guess I better get busy.

Karen, you've got lucky Christmas gift recipients! Excited to read about what you're going to make with that yarn. Do you have salsa (with tomatoes from your garden) coming out of your ears this year? Another good workout today.

Tom, Twizzlers + gains??? Or sugar free + skinny jeans??? What's a guy to do? Seriously tho I can tell in my lifts when I'm not eating in my usual patterns too. Not that I'm advocating the All Twizzlers diet but you know what I mean. Lol on your impatience to eat. I like intermittent fasting!

Me and my intermittent fasting self did a total body weights workout. Have a great Tuesday evening!

Back and bis, chinups x10 10 8, pullovers x 10 10 8, pulldowns x10 10 10. Bis were alternate DB curls 2x10, decline curls 2x10 and conc curls x8. Fun w/o! Work tomorrow, then, Thursday, going to St Louis and taking a charter flight to South Carolina with son 1 and wife. Nephews lake home family reunion...not crazy bout small planes but took it last year and it was great!! All I got friends....old guy signing off.... shoulders tomorrow...I think, can't get into legs with the sore hip, then arms Thursday morning, kinda upper body week I guess.

Some shoulders and legs, legs were rough! I think the new hip is in the works..wow! Supersetted leg press and military be press, then tried some gob squats and it was no go. Did be I set of air squats calf raises and 2sets of DB press. I'm getting to the point that walking is hard...hoped the injection would help but it's getting worse. Will try some arms tomorrow then off to St Louis for the flight to South Carolina! I don't usually get reception at the lake so watch dog Tom is putting you on the honor system...don't be slackers like me!!

A total body weights workout, lots of power moves like snatches and cleans. Not my favorites but Tom's cross fitting inspired me to step outside of my comfort zone. Didn't go as crazy as you, Tom, but I tried. Got 're done.

Tom, enjoy your charter flight and your vacation! You probably won't see this until you get back, so I guess I should say I hope you "had" a good time.

Karen, how are you, girl?

Good on ya Lisa!! Arm day here 20 sets, fried those pups. Supersets ez bar skullcrushers 4 sets/ ez bar curls 4 sets pushdowns 3 sets/ DB curls 3 sets and kickbacks 2 sets/ BB 21s 2 sets and tri pushups x15/ conc curls x12....a burner but loved it! No post for me till Monday...enjoy your life friends!!

I've got some catching up to do. Wednesday was a rest day for me. So, a little bit of Yin Yoga, and called it a day. Thursday was Cathe Live, a barbell workout that was just what I needed, and it was a good workout. Yesterday was a bike cardio workout with Mindy Milrae. I'm not fond of bike workouts, (I get too bored) but I like Mindy, and it hit the spot.
Ok, got that out of the way. Yes, I did plant a garden. Didn't go as crazy as last year. But, last year was an experiment. I planted everything I could think of, thought most of it would die. Well, nothing died, so I had a garden that was overflowing, and the tomato plants grew to be 8 feet tall. Then, the wind came, and blew it all over. So this year, I planted roma tomatoes, and every kind of pepper plant I could find. I have quite a few tomatoes that are ripening, and a ton of peppers. I still have quite a few pints of salsa from last year, and almost all the relish. I may do a little more salsa, just depends. It's an all day project, and last year I canned my last batch in November. by then I was so done with all of it.
That about does it for me, all caught up, and not much going on. Tom, enjoy your family reunion. I know what you mean about small planes. Years ago I dated a pilot. He had a Cessna, and we would go flying. He loved what he did, so he thought it was great. I white knuckled it the whole time. Lisa, I have been buying from a coffee company that is local here, but I order online, and they have good coffee. Lots of variety. The name is a little off-puting (is that a word?) But it's owned by a vet, so there ya go. It's Black Rifle Coffee, and like I said, lots of variety, and I have found some that I really like. Enjoy your weekend, guys. Will see you all on Monday!

Chest and Tris, 13 sets bench up to 215x1 205x3 195x5 185x7 155x10 and 135x12 finishing chest with Inc flys 1x12 (45s). Tris were 2sets ez bar skullcrushers, pushdowns and kickbacks. On bench I actually warned up without the block up to 175, then put it under my shirt for 185 195 205 215 205 195 and 185, on the bar for 175, then no block to chest for 155 and 135. The lake was great, got fried but that was my intention! Lost my prescription sunglasses by being a dumbass and now I'm in KC getting new ones!! All for me friends, hope all are well!!

Tom! Glad you're back safe and that you had fun! Now that your plane ride is over, I can say that those little planes scare me because they make me think of John Denver. Also remember that movie about the group who sang La Bamba? Yikes! Nice work getting back at the weights. Good thing you don't wear sunglasses when you lift. Eye glasses are a pain.

Karen, I lol'd when I read about your garden last year, planting ALL the things! Of course you were successful at all of them, so I can see you pulling back this year. As the woman who can't even grow zucchini, I bow to your green thumb goddess greatness. Thanks for the tip on Black Rifle coffee. I love experimenting with new coffee. Do you have a favorite roast? I'll be getting decaf but my DH likes his coffee fully loaded with caffeine. Good mix of workouts for you, except I just cannot agree with you on Mindy Mylrea, lol!

Today was my first full on leg day in a while. Ouch! Hurt so good. Have a kick a$$ Monday

Lisa I totally understand your feelings about Mindy. I must add she’s hit or miss with me. I have a DVD by Mindy, and I think she drank fifteen pots of coffee before filming. I got a cardio workout just listening to her. She was talking so fast, I was expecting a helium voice any second, so I do know what you mean.
Today was a heavy weight workout. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and maybe a whole lot of nothing. Upper body workout. 3X12. Then a shopping trip to Costco, and WalMart. Oh my goodness! Now it’s house cleaning time. That’s all I got guys. Tomorrow!

Back and bis.. everything 3x8. Chinups, pullovers, pulldowns alt DB curls and hammer curls ... pretty ho him but seemed adequate!! Can't help in the coffee discussion, neither DW or myself drink it...strange I know! All I got friends! Hope all are well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.