Lifting like girls

Deload legs today, 2 x8 sets leg press 2x10 gob squats 2x25 air squats and 3 sets of slow calf raises....quick and out!! Almost slept in but had a " mini rally"!! Heading to St Louis to dog sit and pool time....looking forward to it!!..Lisa, good on ya for the heavy stuff!! Old guy out!!

Deload week continues. Shoulders today, light but probably rep range was too long to be official Deload. Seated militaries 45x8 85x8 105x12 85x16, 2x12 side laterals (25s) 2x12 oly plate front raise (45) and a finishing set of seated db press x14 (45s). Will try to get an arm w/o tomorrow....hope all is well with y'all!!

Went to son 1's orthopedic facility and his NP injected my right hip after some x rays....she was terrific, NEVER FELT A THING!! Hopefully it will help. This morning just 3 quick sets of db curls 2 sets of tri pushups and a set of skullcrushers....definite deload! Now, off to his pool, can't swim for 24 but guess I'll work on my tan lol!!.Have a terrific weekend my iron friends!

Did some btw work and light db arm stuff. Chins x10 8 pushups x 30 15 20 db and hammer curls x12 skullcrushers 2x15 an wheel roll outs x20 15...that was it! More pool today but gonna get in this time!! All for,me gang, stay the course and yep Lisa, ya did me proud!!

Tom, glad the shot didn't hurt! But maybe for Karma it should have hurt a little bit since those dental cheek and gums numbing injections hurt SO BAD. And this is coming from a person who has delivered a baby without any pain meds. Lol. Are you noticing any hip improvement yet? Enjoy that pool. It's my goal to make my iron friends proud, lol

Karen, are you doing ok? Hopefully you're just busy with more fun than you have time for.

Full body weights today. And the usual Saturday get 'er done circus with errands etc. Have a great weekend!

Chest and tris and, for the FIRST time....,NO BLOCK!! Everything was to chest, couldn't believe it...was weak AH, but been 2 weeks since a heavy bench day. 12 sets flat, most short sets to 200x1( this was a struggle, almost gave the rep up,) 180x2 160x8 and 140x10 10. Next inclined flys 45s 2x10 then 3x10 skullcrushers and 2x10 pushdowns. Weight wise things were awful but Rom was great!!
Lisa, yes, the hip does feel better!! Karen, how goes it fer ya??

Hi guys! We decided to take a week or so in St, George. Great place in the winter, but very hot in the summer. (But we knew that, right?) Great time, biking in Snow Canyon, and pool time. Looking for a place to be Snowbirds. Visited Vegas, that place is a sh!thole, but there are some beautiful neighborhoods and homes there. But, I have no desire to live there. But, it has to be a place with no humidity. So, Florida is out. Not something that needs to be decided right now. DH still loves working. But, here we are, and I guess I will mow the lawn today. So, I better get going. Going to be close to 100 degrees today. Nice to be back in my own bed, and posting on the forum with my virtual friends. Have a great day!

Karen, Snowbird hunting sounds exciting, if you can ever pry your DH away from the office! Yes, Vegas...like AZ... have nice home options but are hot hot hot. Glad you enjoyed yourself in steamy St George, glad you're safe, and glad you're back!

Back and bis today, 12 sets back, 6 sets bi and bis are definitely harder after back work!
Chins x11 7 5 ( slacked little avoiding a strain). 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets of pulldowns 3 sets db rows 2 sets of ez bar curls db curls and hammer curls...felt worked!!
We are at Great Wolf lodge inn Kansas City Kansas for our middle grandsons bday...,fun and h2o!!!

Back and bis today, 12 sets back, 6 sets bi and bis are definitely harder after back work!
Chins x11 7 5 ( slacked little avoiding a strain). 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets of pulldowns 3 sets db rows 2 sets of ez bar curls db curls and hammer curls...felt worked!!
We are at Great Wolf lodge inn Kansas City Kansas for our middle grandsons bday...,fun and h2o!!!
Good to hear from ya Karen, we missed you...,good luck on your "destination search"!!

Oh Lisa! I remember that. Summers so hot, they had to play inside. I invested in a slip n slide. Back then, the best money I spent all summer. They had competitions. The best slide into the kiddie wading pool. Spent a fortune on sun block. Keeping them entertained was a trip.
When I was growing up, I never said to my Mother, "I'm bored!" She would put me to work immediately. Made myself scarce in the summer.
Today was a Cathe Live. A Bootcamp workout. See you tomorrow! Have fun at the lodge, Tom!

Karen, love that slip n slide idea! I think my kids could handle that next summer after getting a few more sessions of swimming lessons under their belts. I whine to you about kid summer boredom because I knew you'd get it! I was the same way as you in childhood though, better not tell Mommy Dearest about boredom or we'd get in trouble and put to work. I might be too soft with my kids but I'd rather be that way than be too harsh. I've gotten so far behind on my Cathe Lives! Her boot camps are great, glad you enjoyed.

Tom, are you still at the Lodge? I hear that place is great for families! Sometimes guilt is the best motivator.

Did some heavy total body yesterday and a mish mosh of cardio today, my own creation. Happy Thursday!

Karen, that sounds FUN! Just like riding a bike, huh? Comes right back to ya.

I thought I was doing old school Cathe today with Metabolic Mash Up Live from a couple years ago, but you win Karen!

Tom, waving hello to you! Have a great weekend buddies!

Arm day, 20 sets, all supersetted. 4 sets of ez bar curls x15 12 10 10 (90)/ skullcrushers 4x15 (45s) db curls (45s) 3x10/ 1 arm kickbacks (45s) I braced my back by putting the non use arm.on the bench 3x15 hammer curls (35s) 3x10/ pushdowns 3x10. Felt good to abuse myself again!! Have a great weekend friends!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.