Lifting like girls

Today was "Fit Body By Julia-Bubble Butt." I worked this one a few weeks ago, and loved it so much, had to do it again. It was just as good the second time around.
Good to see your deloading Tom. Sometimes it's good to take it down a notch.
Lisa, do you have any favorite Sydney workouts? Please share.
That's about it!

Managed leg day today. A Sydney workout. Karen, it's hard to think of one to recommend off the top of my head so I will look at my video history on her channel. She legit releases a workout every single day...except when she was recovering from being shot at by ba$t@rds who committed armed robbery on her and her fiance. (A horrible story.) Anyway there is a large volume to select from. Today's workout for me was the one she uploaded today. I liked the moves and sequencing a lot. I just had to really amp up the weights, like she's using 10s and I'm using 25s. In fairness she's still building up strength after being shot in the ankle.

Tom, you've stuck with the deload two days straight! I think this is a record??? Lol. Great work!

Well crap, my entry got lost so, today was deload legs, and low back was sore from Pendlays, so I did a bwt circuit of squats x25 /calf raises x50/ rev lunges x12 (14 last set) and I could def feel it! Ended up 100 squats 200 calf raises and 50 rev lunges.
Don't know bout u guys but this winter SUCKS!! This morning wind chills are already 30 below and it will get windier! Ready for spring! Carry on lifter ladies!!

Karen, will definitely let you know how we like (or don't like) the Sleep Number bed. It should be delivered mid-Feb. Let me know if you end up trying any Sydney workouts.

Today was Low Impact HiiT plus UB Live from Dec 2017.

Tom, feeling SO bad for people your direction of the country. Yesterday I think we reached 50. It was warm and sunny. This is unusual for us to be this nice but winter's here are not supposed to be brutal, even though they can be. I'm actually a little irritated that the weather has been so good because that means even MORE PEOPLE will be moving here. Ugh. Good job working your legs while protecting that back!

Have a great day!

Forgot to share my fun parenting story from last night. As I was helping DD1 get ready for her shower, I realized I hadn't cut her hair since August. We're talking Rapunzel hair!!!! So I grabbed my hair-cutting shears and 90 seconds later, voila! Haircut done. Granted she has long, straight hair so nothing fancy, but still... sometimes you just gotta get the mission accomplished!!!

Deload shoulders, light but long. Standing militaries 45x10 65x10 85x10, seated db press 50s x12 40s x16, side laterals 20s x12 12, front raises 20s x12 12. No bent over rear delt stuff today, but it's a deload...right! Easy peasy, kinda worthless day but maybe all I need this week.
I may have to try the "self inflicted" haircut thing...kinda shaggy already! All for me, have a goodun friends!!

Yesterday was another "Fit Body By Julia," This one used a single dumbbell for the whole workout. Some of the circuits were very difficult. But, she did give us a minute pause half way through. Cardio, weights got it all done. The last set was a burner. KB swings and squat jumps. Oh my! Start with 50 KB swings, and 10 jumps. Up the ladder with jumps, down the ladder with swings.
Have a great day!

Deload arms, skullcrushers 2x12/ Ez bar curls (75) 2x12, tri pushups x15 20 db curls (35s), pushdowns 2x12/ 21s (oly bar 45) and that was it!
Well I found this, done early but not sent...I'm quite the "techie"!!
Glad deload week is "kaput"..on to "heavier things!

This morning was some quick abs cable crunches x50 ( most reps on those I've done in a set) sit ups x25, seated knee to chest x25 and mtn climbers x100, then just a quick set of bench 135 x 15 and upstairs I went! Off to the annual home town college chili feend in Neb, then to Lincoln where my brother, the vet, will spay our little doodle....we don't want to go thru another heat! Have a great weekend friends!

Hi friends! Been busy but getting my workouts in is still top priority for my mental health. A mix of strength and cardio. And a whole lot of kid and work things the other 23 hours of my day.

Tom, hope you enjoyed the big game. From what I hear it was kinda boring to watch.

Karen, did a Sydney leg workout today. I will try to link it here. I've done this one twice. I like it. Again, I just go way way heavier than her.

Have a great day, and week too. Probably won't be back until the weekend. Keep rocking it

Hey Guys!!! For some reason the Forum is not working on my phone. So, I'm back to using the computer. I've just been picking Julia workouts, to gitter done.
Today there is 2 feet of snow on my driveway, so it will be another shovel max workout. DH always asks why I don't use the snow blower, because I'm using it as my WOD. Then, he wants to shovel, no, it's mine.
Salt Lake Valley just got dumped on last night. Schools, and some business closed. More accidents on I-15 than any snowstorm in the last 15 years. Which brings me to another point....the whole time I was in school, K-12, never missed one day of school because of Winter storms. Thanks for the WO, Lisa. Going to give it a go!
That's about it, don't know why Tapatalk is not working on my phone. But, doesn't matter. The computer is easier. Tomorrow!

Been MIA and was again today. Just couldn't get er done! I went downstairs and the basement room I use was wet. I just turned the fan on and marched back up the stairs! Tomorrow my friends,...tomorrow! We are iced in here....cold AND iced over...this winter has been awful! Tomorrow something gonna happen...promise. I came back from Nebraska Monday, skipped Tuesday and Wednesday, then just couldn't get there today but will manyana. Apology tour over, see y'all tomorrow!

Made it, sort of, did bench, 135x10 155x10 175x8 ( all small block) , then I was loose enough to do 2x10 at 135 to chest. The first set was a stretch with the block but by the end I was happy I could get it all the way down. Next were chin ups x10 8, BB squats 135 2x8 with no bench and tried to get horizontal with the thighs. Next were gob squats 2x12 (50) and 2x25 BB calf raises. Tomorrow will try to do some shoulders or arms or both....felt good to do something! Too long gone for this old dude and it showed...lesson learned!
Hope you gals are killing it, I will try not to repeat my "slackeritis"!!!

shoulders and arms today, lower back was sore so all press work was seated. Db press, 35s x15. 45s x15 x12 x10. Side laterals 3x12, no front raises, they seemed to bother the back and no bent over stuff. Arms were light Ez bar curls 75 x10 10 ( slow negatives) Db curls 35s 2x10 hammer curls x10, Tris were skullcrushers 45s x12 10 8 pushdowns 2x8 and done!!! Have a good un!!

Had a great week of workouts. But then DD1 came home from school sick and we've dropped one by one like Dominos. Probably nothing for the next couple days. And it snowed all last night and all morning. Nothing like either of you have dealt with but it still sucks

Just some miscellaneous stuff today just to do something.Cable crunches x30 30 20 20, pushups x30 then 2x10 chest to ground with some slow negatives and finished with Chin ups x 8 6 (tired on these, maybe yesterday's arm day?). Really wanted to do some light posterior chain work but just not ready.
Lisa, hope you don't all fall prey to the bug!! Karen, hope you aren't still digging out!! E,joy your Sunday friends!
All for me

Oh Tom, let me tell you I caught the bug! It's a nasty one. There are worse things in life so I am trying to keep perspective, lol. I'm definitely glad that it got bad over the weekend when my super immune system/never gets sick DH is home. Good work getting something in. Movement feels good.

DH is putting together the new sleep number bed. Excited to see if I sleep like a baby or like the princess & the pea.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.