Lifting like girls

Tom, your sports knowledge is unparalleled! The LA Rams used to be the St Louis Rams, am I correct on that? I hope your DW can get home safely, without delay.

Karen, you deserve those blue skies! You've earned this!!! I'm pining for spring too...

Leg day today. Did a Sydney Cummings YouTube workout. I'm in a place where I am just working out for the enjoyment. Not really pursuing any specific goals. Usually I am aiming for something, not now, besides just consistency. Not sure if that's good or bad?

Leg day today. Did a Sydney Cummings YouTube workout. I'm in a place where I am just working out for the enjoyment. Not really pursuing any specific goals. Usually I am aiming for something, not now, besides just consistency. Not sure if that's good or bad?
I'm with you there, Lisa. Just looking for consistency. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels, but, that's where I am. Today was shovel max. Good workout, very heavy snow.
Tom, it's up to you, kick some a$$.

Lisa, yes the Rams were in St Louis and they left a pretty lousy taste in the mouth of many when they left! I think they claimed they needed a new venue and I think it got approved and they left anyway....I think many folks were pi$$ed off at Kronke....(owner) a,d felt they were played!!
Karen, I'm not a skier but sounds like the mountain " call of the wild" lingers!!! If you go I will NOT say...."break a leg"!!

Tom, Money talks more than the caring about the fans in sports, I think. Too bad. Is there an NFL team in St Louis now? Speaking of $$$, are things still bring funded in your prison system? I heard the federal courts might have to shut down on Feb 1 if no resolution to this Gov't mess. That's not gonna be good for us ambulance chasers!

Karen, no snow today I hope. We got a mild dusting. Hey, I can't remember, has your DH retired?

I wanted some UB pump today so I went for 2018 Road Trip UB Live. The biceps at the end of this workout really bite!!!

Have a great Wednesday!

Leg day, and since I was MIA yesterday, today was the day and again, another near death experience! I really struggle with conv squats so bench squats again, not heavy but still kills me! I think as I get older my hips knees and back just have trouble with these...wish I had a leg press machine but not enough room and it frequently gets wet and I would have to buy a bunch more plates.....still, a guy can dream!
Bench squats were 115x8 135x8 165x5 205x3 185x5. Next 3x20 gob squats (50 kb), 3x8 rev lunges (30s), and 3x20 kb swings (50#), finishing with 3x20 BB calf raises (185#). Leg day is quite simply a "check of my manhood" and often I fail! I have joint issues with shoulders, elbows, wrist etc etc BUT leg day is the only one I have trouble facing, its the most painful and most dreaded and a sore upper body I LOVE..sore "thutt" is TORTURE!! Anyway, leg day down and for me some high rep stuff (20 is high rep for me), and I survived...at least for now.
OK, b^t@h session over...buttercup sucked it up and did it!! I think it is interesting that for most women, leg day is the fav....for most of us guys it is "dread factor max"!
All I got to report friends, thank you for allowing me to confess my leg day sins! Proud to be among those with more fortitude than me!!

Tom, you keep dreaming about that leg press machine. I think it can happen! I love leg day, in a love-to-hate way, but there are def days when I don't wanna!!!! Also I think women are generally more aesthetically concerned about lower body than men, so that likely has something to do with it...or maybe that's just me??? Good on you for getting it done. Gripes always welcome here.

Karen, how you doin'?

Today was last week's Live, Kick Box and Bags or something like that. I liked it. She said it was a preview of a Lite workout. Maybe some day I will set those DVDs free from their shrink wrap prison, lol!

Today was PHA from Lite. Total body “lite” workout. Just what I was looking for. Julia just totally kicked my arse yesterday. Took a shower, and I was ready for bed. PJs and all.
Never did “hit the slopes.” Call of the wild just ain’t what it used to be. Being out in the cold all day, just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. I hate to say that my love affair with skiing is over, but it may be. I’ll have to wait for Spring skiing, there may still be something, not holding my breath. It’s just so expensive now. It’s mostly New York and Texas plates you see in the parking lot now. Just not the same.
That’s about it, off to make a salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was arm day, superset (as usual).
Skullcrushers 45a 3x12/ Ez bar curls 100 3x8, pushdowns x10 8 10 / Db curls 45s 10 10 8, tricep pushups x20 18 14 / hammer curls 35s 3x10 and finished with kickbacks 35s x20 / conc curls 35s x10. Decent day in the old dungeon and tomorrow is shoulders. Hope Friday treated y'all well!!

Lisa, I haven't answered your question, sorry. DH is semi retired. (whatever that means) He loves what he does, so if someone calls him for for help, he's off and running. (Minnesota, and Puerto Rico) I don't think he will ever retire. If he lives to be a hundred, he will still be out there, doing his thing. Not me, I have too many things I want to do, before old age kicks my arse. May have to grab my sisters, if DH is too busy. But, just the girls is always fun.

Delt dungeon debacle....not really, got in a good shoulder day. Did 10 sets of presses after light warm up sets, all seated. Started with seated BB press, 115x8 125x5 135..F 115x7, then went to seated db press 55s 2x8 45s x10 6f 35s x10f 25s x14f...whew, lots of go to fail but I think that's what is needed to up my game. Next were 3x10 side laterals 25s 3x10 rear delt flys 45s and BB front raise 3x10 55#, finishing with db shrugs x30 85s and 1 last comical set of standing strict press at 85 to see if I was fatigued enough to call it a good day...I was, only got 4!!:D, I was wasted! Tomorrow hopefully will be core and deadlifts ( probably light).
Karen, DW gives me grief about the " semi retired" thing because she says I can never go anywhere....kinda right!
Have a terrific weekend all!

Karen thanks for answering! I don't want to pry or overstep, I just think y'all are so interesting! I think I'm with you, I want my time to belong to me so I can pursue what I want, when I want. But hey, the fact that your DH loves engineering so much and he's keeping active at it is a sign that he's going to live long with a solid mind. (Same goes for you and your dentistry, Tom...although I question the "solid mind" part for you, lol). My mother retired young which has been SO bad for her because she just sits idle. Gotta keep moving and grooving, which I know you're doing Ms Karen. Fun for you to have your sisters to go kick up the dust with!!!

Tom, I was gonna say...you usually crush those arm and shoulder days. You can't fool us! Watch your back on those dead tomorrow.

I did a KCM total body weights DVD. I'm thinking about signing up for her streaming service. I love her style because it's tough but smart and sustainable. She doesn't wreck you.

Have a great weekend!

Well, as often happens, I went off script. I decided to do a bwt circuit and throw in some abs. Today was a circuit consisting of
Chin ups x 10 9 8 7 6
Bwt squats x 30 27 24 21 18
Pushups x30 27 24 21 18
All in all, 40 chins, 120 squats and pushups.
These suprised me that the hardest one was pushups! When I was doing those at work they would have been the easiest...WTH!
For abs I did 3x20 inclined sit ups/ 3x20 cable crunches. I will try to slip in some deads sometime this week, probably light ones, still a little "gun shy"!!
Enjoy Sunday friends!

Hey Katie Lee! I live in Utah. My DH works on and off in MN. We do get snow here in the high desert, and when it snows, it really dumps. DH is in MN right now, and told me it was -23 degrees one night this week. He's coming home tomorrow. When I was younger; I could tolerate the cold, not any more. Can’t wait for the hot dry summer (don’t tolerate humidity either) this getting old bites! Take care!0

Last edited:
Going to try for a deload week....try! Today was chest and tris and I did achieve a "mini goal". I got the Bar to chest on light reps. 115x8 135x8 155x5 175x1...this one was too much stretch! Then did 135x12, also to chest. I was happy,but getting it to touch I'd tough and not sure I want to try to go there heavy. I did a set of inclined db press, 55s x12 then Tris were 2x10 lighter pushdowns and 1x8 skullcrushers with 45s. I'm helping a friend move today so good day for lighter w/o! It's Monday,shift into survival mode and good luck!!

Karen, you and I are "weather twins." Hate the cold, bring on the dry heat!!! Thinking I will subscribe to RAW this week. Kelly even offers 1hr RAW.

Tom, moving a friend's heavy boxes is a workout into itself! You're a good pal to help.

Today I just could not muster up mojo for legs, so I did a Sydney Cummings YouTube Total Body AMRAP. She's definitely "easier" than Cathe...and for sure Julia...but I find that if I lift about 5 or 10 lbs heavier for weights and just go faster for cardio moves, I get a great workout! Plus free is good so there's that...

DH and I splurged on a Sleep Number mattress with adjustable base. It was a QVC Today's Special Value and we got sucked in. Fingers crossed we like it but our current mattress is such a piece of $h1t that it couldn't be worse.

Have a great Monday!

Lisa, we have had a sleep number bed for 17 years. We have loved it, but, we are now looking for a new mattress. Sleep number, or something else. Nanbo, here on the forum gave me some info on a Serta Purple Mattress. May look into that. Let me know what you think of the new sleep number. They send me info on their new mattresses. May just go for it.
Today is a mashup of the new Metabolic Lite, and a kettlebell workout I’ve had for awhile.
I’ve been watching Sydney on You Tube. May throw some of her in the mix, at some point. Tom, enjoy the deload. I’m feeling a need for some R&R. You’re a good man for helping someone move!! Personally, I hate moving!
Lots of sunshine today, but cold.

Deload back and bi day. Everything light and long ( not sure that's a deload, but my story and I'm sticking to it)! 2x12 pulldowns, low cable rows and pendlay rows. Bis were 2x12 db curls, 1x12 hammer curls and 1x10 conc curls the upstairs I went! Have a great day friends!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.