Lifting like girls

Hey Lifters! I am confessing to skipping leg day yesterday, I was really blasted from some tough upper body stuff Monday and Tues and when the alarm went off I PUNTED!! I will make it up this weekend. I thought it might be wet due to all the rain we got, and when it is it is too slick for leg workouts (my story and I am sticking to it!) I blasted shoulders today with 25 sets, and while I didn't feel like it would be a good day, I did equal my strict press pr...150#, I'm coming fer ya!! I did triples as a warm up at 95,115 125, and a single at 135, but 140 was STILL a no go so I did a double on push press then dropped to 115x5x3x3, and 100x8x6x6 and finished with a burnout at 65x15. Side lats 3x12, rear delts, 3x12 and front raises 3x12, 1 set of dumbbell press, 50sx9 and 3 sets of barbell shrugs 205, 3x30 and finished with 3x20 cable crunches. I did ride 1 mile before and after the w/o. This took me 80 minutes and that is a marathon for me! Justine, have fun in London, Lib, hope finals are going well! Karen, Roz, Lisa, hope things are great with ya'll!!

Bi's and tri's, light and long. 4 supersetted tri sets, skullcrushers/ dumbbell curls, pushdowns/ hammer curls, crossbows/ conc curls, and diamond pushups/ bi Isos. All sets in 10 -20 rep range, and 3 sets of each. Threw in cable crunches and side planks and biked 1 mile before and after. I dropped weight in favor of longer reps, feels like less damage done...good or bad? Mindless w/o, good for reflection. Have a great weekend Commandos!

Today was "make up" leg day. 6 sets of bench squats (my last set was lighter and deeper than bench), 6 sets of dead lifts, and I did pull a 10# pr, I took my phone and videoed it, and I STILL pop thutt up first, then low back and shrug it from there. I have to work on that, I seem to to be a lousy technician! I followed with 2x8 reverse lunges and 2x30 barbell calf raises. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Lib, sleep well deserved!

Tom, I think throwing in longer sets every so often is a good thing. Well done on the DL pr. Great.

Lib, you take care. Hope you love XTrain as much as I did.

Thursday I did a metabolic 40 minute w/o. 5 reps of each of these:
Squat & front raise (raise at bottom of squat)
Squat &lat raise
Bent over row
Rear delt flyes
Step up
Bench press
Flyes
Bulgarian split squat

Over and over for the 40 mins! I think I covered just about everything.

Friday was 20 reps of trying on clothes and getting out credit card!

Today I finished my 10rm testing ready for Monday, when I start the physique templates.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sorry to have been absent all week! I hope to be back to regular check-ins by the middle of next week. Lots of life stuff going on, but I've managed some walks and stretching. It's been a busy time so I've just used this week as a good active (or semi-active) recovery week. I haven't taken a legit recovery week since giving birth/postpartum recovery so it was long overdue! :)

I've been silent but I've been loving reading the workout reports! You are all doing top notch physical feats, as usual.

Tom, way to make up leg day and woot woot for your 10#PR. Your thutt will get in gear as you keep practicing no doubt. Glad to see you're hitting that bike hard for some cardi-oh!

Justine, drop that credit card and give me 5 new tanks! Shopping is the ultimate workout. Did you hit up the big shops in London? I'm a little lost, are you doing the program Karen is doing? Also, do you still have Cathe Live? I could give you lots of recs for cardio and metabolic. :)

Karen, hi! Keep hitting it! You're probably almost done with your 28 day rotation!

Lib, CONGRATULATIONS graduate!!! Thrilled for you and your boys, you've accomplished so much. A long weekend of resting and then a new XTrain rotation on Monday will be the ultimate reward for you!

Roz, hey girl. ;)

Good weekend to you all!

Oh yeah, wondering who here is interested by the Cathe Fit Tower? I have the original Tower. I like it, don't love it, but it's good enough for now. My DH and I want to invest in a REAL hardcore squat rack and pull-up system some day so we'll save our pennies and stick with what we have.

I'm also underwhelmed by the DVDs coming with the system. It looks like everything can be done on the old Tower and using other equipment. I'm sad that I won't be buying. I feel like I'm breaking a tradition of always preordering Cathe's new releases. I also wonder about the staying power of this product. When Cathe released the original Tower she used it in STS and also Turbo Barre but can't think of any other videos featuring the Tower. Also, she never uses it in Live classes (that would be a LOT of Towers to have one for every class member!) and, unless it is widely purchased, I don't know how many follow-up videos she can release featuring the Tower.

Got in a quickie, hodge-podge w/o in this morning. Biked 3 mi, 100 crunches, 90 sec side planks, mp, 115x3, dumbbell curls 35sx15, and cable crunches x20. In total, about 30 min, better than watching tv "me thinks"! Justine, good luck on the testing..the last posted w/o sounds tough, especially the "credit card finishers"!!! Hope London was great! Lisa, you deserve and probably need a rest week, the thought of your law suit got me 1 more mile on the bike!!lol! Lib, good luck with xtrain! Shout out to Karen and Roz!!

Hi Lisa, great to hear from you.
I won't be getting a tower or the DVDs. Whilst I'm a fan of a lot of stuff Cathe produces, my workout tastes only partially overlap with her stuff, and this is just not one of those areas! I have a squat cage- Lisa, I can't tell you how much I love it. It's probably not quite as hardcore as the ones you and your dh are eyeing up, but it has everything I need- cable pulley thing (technical term!) and pull up handles and dip handles. I think it's supposed to handle a couple of hundred kg, so I doubt I'll outgrow it!

As for what I'm doing atm- can you believe I've had a week of whatever I feel like on the day? Discombobulated. The only word for how it's left me feeling. But tomorrow I start the RP physique templates, which are what Roz is doing. I bought them when they first came out, but I wanted to complete HTS, so I've been getting all excited about starting. The ladies who are already a month or two into the programme are posting some pretty awesome transformations. So here's hoping.

Today I did another 40 min metabolic circuit. I've loved doing these this week, but I'll be glad to get back to the heavier stuff tomorrow.

Tom, hope you're not too sore from yesterday's leg day.

Lib, I'm hoping you're out celebrating, or in sleeping. Just general recovery.

Hi Karen and Roz.

Monday once again...they come too fast! Got in 14 sets of flat bench and 6 sets of incline with 1 set of pushups as a finisher. On my first 3 sets of incline I thought WOW, I AM STRONG AS BULL!! Then I realized I had forgotten a 10# plate on each side! I am DUMB AS BULL!! I did have 3 working sets over 200# on flat bench so still feel like am making progress. My goal is to get to some full reps at 225#, still far from good reps at that weight, but did do a very short rep there today just to feel the weight...it was HEAVY!!! Knock it out of the park this week Commandos! Justine, good luck with the new templates and Lib, good luck with xtrain!

Tom, too funny about the missing plates. 225# is an amazing weight. You'll get full rom on it soon, I'm sure.

I felt a bit meh about my new workout today. Thankfully Roz has warned me that week 1 seemed a little lame. I'm now worried I've overdone the carbs....I've eaten for a 'moderate' workout, and feel it should have been 'light'. Or I could have been under eating for the last few months on HTS. Who knows. Anyway, it was:
2 sets bench @ 30kg. Got 15 then 12 reps (it's supposed to be 3 reps from fail)
2 sets bent over row @40kg reps=8,8
2 sets incline bench @35kg x7,6
4 sets skull crushers @20kg x10,9,10,9
2 sets pull ups x10,10
2 sets side lateral raise @5kg x10,10
3 sets modified candlestick with 6kg x8,8,8

I feel 3 from fail is quite tricky to judge, and I felt I could manage more volume, but I think the sets increase sharply as you rate the workouts.

Lib, great start to XTrain. That's a toughie on the shoulders, for sure.

Justine, just wait for week 3. ;)
Hi everyone... life has taken over. Still lifting but looking forward to tomorrow rest day. Then Weds begins Meso 2 Week 4. I don't see how anything could go up from here... :eek:
Hugs and high fives all around,
Roz
ETA: I would eat for moderate with that workout. But I know what you mean. I think you get your hard templates by week 3 :)

Last edited:
Roz, yes, I heeded your warning about underestimating fp!!! I also ate moderate again today, but I've clearlay underwater during HTS. Oh well.

Today was legs: squats, good mornings, hip thrusts, BB walking lunges and calf raises. 2 sets of each (3 for calves) once again 3 from fail. I'd totally misjudged the weight I was able to do for good mornings, and ended up being humbled by a 45kg BB! Took just under an hour inc warm up etc. I'm weirdly looking forward to the ramp up in number of sets.

Roz, from what I've read on Facebook, meso 2 is a killer!

Tom, well left on the back.....

Good morning every one!
I started basically a 5 day split yesterday, goes something like this:

Monday - Push (chest, shoulders, triceps)
Tuesday - Pull (back, biceps)
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Push
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Pull
Monday - legs
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Push
Thursday - Pull
Friday - Off
Saturday Legs

Well, you get the idea. Giving this a go for the next 8-12 weeks, then moving on to a Special Forces Program I picked up. Special Forces Program probably won't do much for a bodybuilder body, but, it will cut to the max. In the Fall, I want to start HTS.
That's about it, take care everyone. Kick it, kick it real good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.