Lifting like girls

Good morning guys. I woke up Sunday morning, and I could barely move. I don’t know whether I slept funny, or tweaked something, but, my right shoulder and neck are sore, and I can’t turn my head to the right. I’ve tried ice and heat, and it’s a little better, but now I’m pulling out the big guns (foam roller.) this is frustrating, I was just hitting my stride. So, I’m taking this week off. I will be around, and keep you posted. But, I’m off to my gym to foam roller. Tom, do an extra rep for me, and Lisa, take a long soaking bath! Give the kids to the neighbors for an hour. Talk later!

Karen, hope you get to feeling better! Today was "bench lite". Called for was 4x7 at 60-65%, so I used 160, 4x7. Accessories were lat pulldowns 3x10, BB seated press, 105x10 8 7, db curls 50s x10 10 8 and finished with skullcrushers 45s x10 10 8 and that was that! Off to work for this old guy, have a great one friends!

Karen, that's rotten. I think you are always "in your stride" but it truly sucks when something throws you out of whack. And why is it always the damndest of little things, like sleeping in the wrong position??? Hoping you feel back to normal SOON SOON SOON!

Legs and abs, 2 warm up sets of bench squats, 5 sets of leg press (and I am still upping the weights on these), 2x20 gob squats, 5 sets of calf raises, (slow and full range), cable crunches x30 20 and 5 min of rotating side planks x60 sec 45 sec 30 sec 15 secs. The total time was about 75 min. Tomorrow is "medium" bench day, should be fun! Karen, hope you are on the mend! Lisa, what up?. Old guy out!!

Today was medium day(medium my a$$) and I really "strained my milk"! Bench called for 80% 5-7 sets of 3-5 reps. That would be 192 but I like round numbers so I went to 200 and did 7x5...WTF!!! Real sure I've never done 35 reps at 200# and I feel good about it! I finished with a burn out set of 135x16 and it was all I had! Accessories called for 4 sets of 5-7. So chins x10 8 8 8, db shoulder press 60s x8, then dropped to 55s 3x8, Ez bar curls 100x8 8 5( had to reposition hands) x8 (some swinging did occur), finishing with 4x8 pushdowns. On a down note, this took me An hour and 45 freakin minutes!!! Last week I messed up medium day, misread it and did 190 for 5 sets of 3 and today did 200 for 7 sets of 5...I'm getting better with age lol!!
Enjoy your Easter weekend friends!

Tom, that's one long workout, but wow! Amazing gains!!!

Karen, you feeling any better? Thinking about you.

I've been working out just too crazy busy to post this week. Sorry for being MIA. Have a great Easter if you celebrate, or if not just have a kick a$$ weekend!

Got brave and did some deads today. Started with 3x8 leg presses, not real heavy but still effort spent. Deads were 205x3 225x3 255x3 275x3 300x3 and finished with 205x12. Still standing, didn't seem to damage anything so yay!! All sets were sumo except 225 was conv. Then 1x8 rev lunges and cable crunches x25 20 20. This one took about 50 minutes. Tomorrow is "nuttin" day and I will adhere! Hope your Easter is terrific friends!!

Today was a milestone of sorts, 5 2 plate singles! I've had 225 on before but it was with the big block and today was small block and I never had 4 45 oly plates to use till recently!! Today 90% (225)for 5 singles. 80% (205) 3x3 and 185 (70%) 3x7 and finished with 135x15 without the block and to chest. Accessories were 3x7 chinups, 2x7 db press (60s) 1x10 (50s), db curls 4 sets here (50s) x7 10 10 10 and pushdowns x8 7 7...with warm up bench, 30 sets in all. I'm pretty stoked about the 2 plates, I know it's a " mind f=%%# thing" but glad to get past it! Hopefully Monday treats y'all well!!

Hey all! Neck is much better. It was kinda sorta enjoyable not doing anything. I’m easing back into it, and today was a KB butt workout with Lauren Brooks. Short, not too difficult, and fun. I have been pulling weeds in my yard this week. Such a pain. Evidently, the word got out, that I have been known to make soap. I was approached, and asked if I would consider having a soapmaking class in my kitchen, no less. Not so sure I want a bunch of gabby women mixing lye in my kitchen. First inclination is no. I will need to think real hard about this. If someone wants to offer their kitchen, I’m there. I think it’s just weird, what can I say? Good to be back, guys! Later.

Karen, I'd bet one million bucks that your "hey, will you teach us to make soap?" request for an RS event. They get a free lesson from an expert (you) and they get to do missionary work at the same time! Gagging... But hey, it truly is awesome that you make soap. Is there anything you can't do???
Glad you're getting back in locomotion again! Don't enjoy those breaks too much, lol.

Tom, light leg day is still leg day!

Today was cardio and abs and extended stretching. Only about 5 weeks of school left for my 1st grader, then a summer full of "stuff." At least there won't be snow on the ground but waiting around outside at swimming lessons and such, especially when I have to wrestle a 2 year old, doesn't sound fun!!! Yeah, I am whining, sorry!

You’re right Lisa. Continued gagging going on. In my kitchen no less. Why don’t we do it in their kitchen, and slop lye all over the kitchen. Like I said “gabby women!” Today was chest and shoulders. I’m starting a 3 day split heavy lifting program. I’m thinking I need a little more heavy lifting. Haven’t concentrated on that for a while. I will throw a little Julia, Cathe and Lauren Brooks in the mix, to keep it interesting. You’re so dedicated Tom. Day after day of heavy lifting. Good for you. Lisa, if you have a good way to tell them to pound sand, please share! Take care, guys.

Today was light bench day, 4 sets of 5-7 At 60 -65%. I used 165 and did 4x7. Accessories were 3x10 lat pulldowns, 3x8 side lat/front raise (killers) db curls x8 10 10 and 3x10 skullcrushers. Accessories were fairly tough and I felt like I worked at them, bench surprised me because I put the small block on the bar and the increased stretch was real!! Lisa, 2 year old wrestlers can be formidable! Karen, glad to hear you are back to the "heavy stuff"! Happy hump day friends!

Today was lower body and shoulders. I was planning on adding a Lauren KB workout, but decided to mow the lawn. That’s it, no fitness prize for me, but it was a good workout. The last two days have been beautiful. Not a cloud, and in the 70’s. Ahhh, my kind of weather. Take care, Summer’s coming! See what I did there? Little play on words from “Game of Thrones.”

Karen, you're so cool and on trend, watching Game of Thrones. I bet you were at a midnight showing of the final Avengers movie last night! I'm intrigued by GoT but as far as Avengers goes, you'd have to drag my dead body to the theater. I'm with you, loving this weather!!! Is your weight split your own creation or are you following a plan?

Tom, what about you? Are you a GoT or Avengers guy?

Cardio today plus some mobility work. Hope the weekend holds good things for y'all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.