Lifting like girls

My right arm is smaller too...right arm, left leg..,weird!
Today was shoulder day, nothing heavy, not because I didn't want to, just wasn't there. 4 sets of standing BB press, 2 sets seated BB press, 2 sets of db press, 3x10 side laterals 3x10 rear delt flys 3x 8 decline front raises and finished with db shrugs x30x25x20. All for me, was gonna throw in some abs, but somewhere along the line I lost motivation and declared a truce with myself! As a side note, have I told you my friends HOW MUCH I HATE LEG DAY!! The rev lunges ( with assist from 1 leg deads) caused necrosis of my posterior element and I expect sloughing of my entire thutt soon..,very soon!!!!
I hope y'all have a great Friday and none of you loose your thutts!!!

Well, years ago my right arm was bigger and stronger, but my left arm was more cut. Now my left arm is bigger, but not as strong as my right arm, that is more cut. Go figure.
I have been keeping up with my workouts. Yesterday was workout 2 for month 4, and Monday was workout 1 for month 4.
I have been doing Yin Yoga, and I am loving it. I do the strength workouts on Monday, Wednesday Friday and Sunday, and Yoga on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, after cardio or strength. Today it was a 15 minute finisher, then yoga. Wasn't feeling a workout, just Yoga, which in itself is quite frightening.
Tom, sending good vibes to your thutt! Well, that doesn't sound right. But, good vibes, nonetheless!
Lisa, hope you are not overwhelmed with the school business. For me, the beginning of school was a pain. New clothes ("I'm not gonna wear that! The kids will laugh at me!" What?!?! your six! Give me a break) Boys are easy, compared to the girls! The good part? Full day of first grade!
Lib, hope you are well!
That's it guys! Take care.

Quick arm circuit today, DW is sick so I figured I'd take the puppy out and let her sleep. Arm day was a 4x8 circuit of skullcrushers/ db curls/ pushdowns/ ez bar curls..16 sets and less than 20 min...fast and furious!
Karen, you cracked me up on the before school talk. I remember loaning my youngest son a short for a dance in high school, telling him it was a cool shirt when in fact, it had been my dad's, but was too big for him then so he gave it to me. It hadnt been worn and did look good, but he NEVER would have worn it if he knew! Lisa, feel your pain with the tiny tots...Karen and I are here to " guide you" lol!! Have a great Friday ladies...,Lib, hope you are well!

Hi friends! Crazy over here. Today's highlight was DD2 (3 years old) taking a bite out of DS's arm (15 months). The whole week has been like this...But at least I get hope, knowing that both of you survived all of this!! And yes, Karen, not gonna lie that I am repeating to myself, for encouragement, "she'll be at school all day, she'll be at school all day...!!!" Tom, love that shirt story. What these kids don't know won't hurt 'em!

Can't remember my last report so I will go back to Wednesday, Ramped Up Upper Body. Thursday, Great Glutes. Friday, a new-to-me YouTube trainer named Sydney Cummings. It was a 60 min HiiT. I liked it. Most of her stuff is on the easier side, especially compared with Fit Body by Julia, but it was just right for today.

Have a solid, enjoyable weekend!

Descended into the dungeon with the idea I would do bench and deads...FAIL! I put 115 on the bar to warm up and that even felt heavy...or maybe just joint challenging, so I thought I would do some abs and pushups instead and did 1 set of cable crunches and even my hands were sore then 1 set of pushups and decided today is NOT the day! Maybe I am getting DW's stuff, dunno but today was not the day...for ANYTHING! We leave on the trip Thursday and I am going to try to lift through Wed, but I think I am ready for a few days off or at least a deload...but maybe not 10 days off.
Enjoy the weekend friends!

Hope everyone is feeling more energetic today. Karen, I don't consider yoga a cop out at all! It is not my favorite...can't slow my mind (yeah. Better work on that.) Tom, are you taking off on your Pacific Northwest road trip? Get ready for some heat!!! It's been toasty in these parts.

Saturday was PumpedUpper Body Live. Today was a Fitness Blender legs workout. It was questionable at times whether I would finish, but I did it. Hoping this week goes more smoothly for all of us!

Btw, Karen, my DH has gotten really into making homemade cold brew. It's so ridiculously delectable. And I love that HE is making it so I don't have to. :)

Lisa, I love cold brew! Every morning starts with cold brew. I’m kind of an experimenter. Always looking for something different in a home made cold brew. They have a coffee chain I’ve only seen in Colorado. Evidently started by two Russian immigrant brothers. “Dazbog Coffee. “ Both daughters live in the Denver area. I get care packages of Dazbog Coffee from them. They also send Caribou Coffee. They both make great cold brew. I’m hooked. So nice on a hot Summer morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa, I love cold brew! Every morning starts with cold brew. I’m kind of an experimenter. Always looking for something different in a home made cold brew. They have a coffee chain I’ve only seen in Colorado. Evidently started by two Russian immigrant brothers. “Dazbog Coffee. “ Both daughters live in the Denver area. I get care packages of Dazbog Coffee from them. They also send Caribou Coffee. They both make great cold brew. I’m hooked. So nice on a hot Summer morning!

OMG sounds incredible! I have a suspicion that the Russians make a mighty strong flavored coffee, lol

Yesterday was the Monday workout from Tensile Strength, and an hour of Yin Yoga. I only had 20 minutes planned. Then it turned into an hour. Today will most likely be something from Live, and more yoga. Yup, think I'm hooked. The only thing that clears my mind with this yoga stuff, is the fact that it hurts, and I'm thinking: ok, deep breath, just a few more seconds. Then I try to go deeper. Most of the time, I think I have held a certain pose for 3 minutes, I look at my timer, and it's been 50 seconds. Evidenty, I need more of this.
That's about it.
Today is a Utah State Holiday. Can't wait for the light show tonight, NOT!

Today was Low Impact Boot Camp Live from February 2018. Holy smokes. Legs were already sore from yesterday, and today's workout hit legs hard. So, I am leaving my legs alone for the next couple days! Feeling proud of myself at least!

Karen, it's that whole watching the timer thing that makes me avoid certain workouts. I need your discipline. If you haven't decided on today's Live yet, try the Low Impact Boot Camp. Unless you already have sore legs. May you survive Brigham's day with your Russian cold brew in the morning (fitting since he was a heavy coffee drinker) and your Italian red wine in the evening.

Hi Tom! Hope you are having fun!

Today was Low Impact Boot Camp Live from February 2018. Holy smokes. Legs were already sore from yesterday, and today's workout hit legs hard. So, I am leaving my legs alone for the next couple days! Feeling proud of myself at least!

Karen, it's that whole watching the timer thing that makes me avoid certain workouts. I need your discipline. If you haven't decided on today's Live yet, try the Low Impact Boot Camp. Unless you already have sore legs. May you survive Brigham's day with your Russian cold brew in the morning (fitting since he was a heavy coffee drinker) and your Italian red wine in the evening.

Hi Tom! Hope you are having fun!

I think I will give that Live a go. Thanks for the recommendation. I am enjoying my cold brew. Think I will order Dutch Bros today, and give that a try with the cold brew. Yes, bro Brigham did enjoy his coffee, and, they all enjoyed their chew. Have a great day Lisa, Tom and Lib! Tom, are you on the road?

When you ladies were talking" cold brew" I thought it was like " homebrew" lol!! I thought " in the morning"?? You gals are hard core!! Obviously I am NOT a coffee drinker!
I figured out why my Sat workout DIDNT work out, later that day I felt like I was hit by a train....I think our 3 year old grandson struck again and I haven't been back at it yet. I may try tomorrow or just skip it! I weighed 180 yesterday After breakfast..such as it was. I drop weight like crazy if I stop stuffing myself for 2-3 days.I work tomorrow then we drive to Lincoln NE after work to spend the night at my brothers before the 4 of us take off Thursday morning. Hopefully some of the places will have weights, if not I will come back a " chubby lightweight"!! Keep it up friends!

Tom, I think I’m catching something too. Woke up this morning with a scratchy throat, and a cough. The later it gets the worse I feel. Here’s hoping for tomorrow. Not holding my breath. Taking a shower, and hitting the sheets. Have a great trip!

When you ladies were talking" cold brew" I thought it was like " homebrew" lol!! I thought " in the morning"?? You gals are hard core!! Obviously I am NOT a coffee drinker!

Yeah, I think you were dreaming of us making moonshine in our basements! I'mnot ready for that yet, too many great local breweries to try!

Tom, I can personally attest that 3 year olds are little germ distribution machines. Good thing we love 'em, right? Hope you AND Karen both feel better. Tom was playing with the grandkids, Karen what's your excuse? Sending you both warm bowls of homemade imaginary chicken soup. I might spike Tom's serving with something insidious, however, as a consequence for his "woe is me, I drop weight so easily!" routine. ;)

Today was a Body Fit by Julia upper body strength workout. I survived, that's about all I can say!

Hey guys, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Spoke with DH this morning, and he is suffering from the same malady. He thinks he got it when he flew to St. Louis. Those airplanes are just flying disease incubators. Anyway, passed it to me when he came for the weekend. Coughing my lungs out, and ache everywhere. That's about it, won't be working out this week.

Me too Karen, had to go to the ER in Lincoln Neb and they put me on some antibiotics...great start for vacay!! Lisa, the twiggy look does Not work for me, Us septogenerians ( nearly) gotta work hard to achieve " thug life"!! Heading to SoDak today because bro and I lived in Vermilion and Mitchell when we were kids..stop 1 for us!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.