Lifting and DOMS question

Calico

Cathlete
My question is: I found a new cable exercise that pretty much works the whole upper body( shoulder, bicep, triceps and forearm and some upper back). I did it once trying 40 pounds doing 3 different hand placement and then dropped to 30 and 35 pounds. The next day I felt it in my triceps big time, hurt for 2 days!

So I waited 3 days before trying it again, this time the gentleman who introduced me to the exercise showed me the way he did it. I did it again but no DOMS. That was a Friday.

Then this past Monday I did it again and started at 40 pounds and was able to do 12 reps with each hand position so I went to 50 pounds and did 8 reps but on the underhand grip and was not able to fully straighten my arm. Again no DOMS at all even with the added weight.

I don't get it.

If I can explain it, the outside end of a cable set up has the high only placement of the pulley. I put on a short straight bar and stand wide leg against the padded back. Wide grip pull down and straighten your arm, go back up controlling the weight. Same thing with closer grip and then with an underhand grip.

If you read this far, bless you.

Thanks for any feedback.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.