lets talk apps

wendygurl

Cathlete
I know this topic has been visited before, but since apps come out daily and update regularly I thought I'd toss this topic out since i am still searching for the perfect fitness app.
Your favorites? Any why?
Of course Cathe is my favorite, along with facebook, and gymboss.

I really like the Couch to 5K app. I'm not a runner but I wanted to run a 5k last spring. the C25K app was perfect. I had no problem finishing the run and made better time then I predicted.

My favorite apps are completely frivolous. They're all games. ;)

Angry Birds
Bookworm
Settlers of Catan
Plants vs. Zombies

And then of course I have to have Facebook and the Cathe Forum on there. I also have an NFL App that shows me all the upcoming match-ups, scores etc.. I can't remember the name of that one off hand.

More nutrition that fitness. But I love Tap & Track for keeping track of my calories in and calories out. Has lots of supermarket brands and restaurants. RunKeeper is fun for all my walks and hikes.
Shelby

Not so exciting, but I use "Our Groceries" for keeping grocery lists. I love any app that keeps me organized. Another nod for the "Cathe" app, its awesome :)

Angry Birds!! I'll have to check out Plants and Zombies.

The kids like Hoggy, Virtual Table Tennis, Doodlejump, and PocketGod.

I have to commute every day on one of the worst interstates in the south; it seems that there is always some construction or a wreck somewhere, especially when it's time to drive home in the afternoon.

I found these apps to help check traffic conditions: INRIX traffic and Traffic View. The first shows the road map and where any congestion and/or construction and wrecks may be (this is just the free version, the paid version has cameras). The second shows all the traffic cameras in you area in real time (the $5 version). These are really helpful to me.

I am also an avid photographer, so Hipstamatic, Picture Show, Pano, and Gorillacam are all on my list. I also use iLoader lite, Darkslide, and flickr sendr for easy uploads to Facebook and Flickr.

I love talk radio when I'm driving somewhere, so if I'm not listening to a podcast, I use HiDef Radio, for music Pandora is good, and I also like Public Radio.

I don't play many games, but Gemmed, Superball, Topple, Moonlight Mahjong, and Bejeweled are fun.

I love Grocery IQ. I can even take a photo of the UPC code and the item is automatically added to my grocery list.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.