LETS GO===Work Work Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

Today was PS back and bi and the chin/pullups pyramid. I am getting tired of doing the chin/pullup pyramid. Any suggestions on what else I can do? I've been doing them for about 6 weeks now and its not that progress is slow, I am just not enjoying them so much anymore.

Stats:
pyramid: up to 5 chins and 5 neg pull ups and all the way back down again}( hard stuff!!

Back:
T-bar row: 52.5# 1st set,55# next 2sets (up 2.5# 1st set, 5# 2nd set)
Bent over rows:80# all 3 sets (up)
1 arm rows:35# all 3 sets (same)
Shrugs:15# (same- Cathe recommends a low weight)

Biceps
Barbell curls:37.5# (same but this week did 10 reps each set- last week did 8)
Hammer curls seated:17.5# (up 1.25)
Curl up with twist, seated: 17.5# (up 1.25#)
Negative curls with bb: 37.5#/7reps 1st set, 37.5#/4 and 35#/3 reps 2nd set (last week dropped to 35# 2nd set)
Concentration curls:12/10reps both sets (dropped from 15/8 last week, but I was fried!! And wanted to have good form)

I will probably keep my weights the same next week, these (and Mondays) were challenging for me!

Marcy~ hope you had a good wokrout today.

Gin~ Cardio Queen!!:7 I'm sure you'll do fine at the road trip without adding too much cardio these few weeks!! What was the workout today?

Have a great day
BBL (in the house all day today, DS8 has a friend coming over and its raining)
Deanie

Good Morning Girls!

Today I ran and then did HIS step and Workout's one-on-one 18 min. core/abs segment. Another NetFlix rental. The instructor is Jackie Warner who owns a gym in LA and had a tv show on Bravo. The workout is divided into 3 segments about 20 min. each: upper body, lower body and core. The core segment moved fairly quickly and she does about 1 min. of several exercises and then throws in 4 1 min. cardio moves to get your HR up. I'll do the other sections on Sat. After previewing, it looks like low weights and high reps.I thought it was a good workout and if I owned it I would do it again, but not sure I want to buy it.

Deanie--If you are bored with the chin ups and pull ups, then just think of your friend over here in Texas that can barely pull herself up to do even one measly pullup!!x( Good workout you did today! I'll be doing PS next week. What are you doing next week? By the way, my you have a lot of boots! Enjoy your rainy day at home.

Marcy--Are you sore at all from GS Legs? I'm not this week, but I was last week.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi again!

Gin~ Wow what a workout you did today cardio gal!!}( Love HIS, its so fun isn't it??! I am going to do PS again next week, I am really enjoying it. Then, depending on my mood, I may do a fourth week of PS or throw in a week of GS- not sure yet, since I'm really enjoying PS! Keep trying on the chins/pulls- just remember the trouble you had with push ups and look at you now:7 :7 (also, doing negitive could help with the chins/pullups....just a thought)

Waves to Marcy!!

Off to do laundry and vacumme}( I might even get wild and dust!!**he he** but don't count on it!!LOL

Deanie

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I did GS BS&B today, except we had to go out so I didn't get to do all of the biceps section (which I kind of don't mind because I hate working biceps!)

2 chinups
2 sets of dbbl row reverse grip: 23# 8/8 reps
2 pullups (only 1/2 way)
skipped 3rd set of rows
1 arm rows: 33# 8/12 reps on both sets (did 11/12 and 10/12 reps last time but I'm still real tired)
Bbl pullover: 40# 8/8 reps on both sets (I'll be staying at 40# a little while longer)

Shoulders:
dbbl overhead press: 16# all 3 sets (1st two sets 10/10 reps - 2 reps more on 2nd set) 3rd set 7/10 reps (1 rep more)
Dbbl lateral raise: 16# 1st set (1# more) elbow as hurting again so had to drop to 15# for 2nd set - 10/10/ reps)
Dbbl rear fly - 13# all reps both sets (1# more)

Biceps:
Bbl curls: 35# both sets all reps 1st set; 8/10 reps 2nd set (2nd set 2 reps less than last time)
Curl Up/Wrist Turn Down: 12# all reps (same)
Hammer Curls 13# - all reps and bonus (same)

I'm off to see another legal recruiter today.

I did a trade from VF: I'm getting Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning for Denise Austin's Hit the Spot Pilates (which I wasn't doing that much anymore). I also got Mindy Mylrea's All Systems Go (a total body workout with a bodybar) for a SASE (it looked like fun from the clip on Collage).

Deanie - You sound like you like cleaning just about as much as I do
;) ! I'll be doing PS next week (everything except legs and abs). I don't know what to suggest to you at the moment about substitutions for chins/pulls.

Gin - Glad you liked your Workout rental. Keep at the chins/pulls. They're really hard. The more you do them, the better you'll get. It takes quite a while. Don't get discouraged.

Have a great day! I'll try to BBL.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Deanie--Is a negative chin/pull help on the way up (ex.-feet on a chair) and by yourself on the way down? I could go for that.
I love HIS step( and LIS also)because it moves quickly and is only 30 min., but I still get messed up with the choregraphy!x( It may be when I'm not concentrating enough.
How is the Clean Max going?

Marcy-- Would you enjoy running more if you had a friend to run with? Is there someone in your new neightborhood that you could go with? I know I enjoy it alot more when I can visit with a friend. Some people enjoy running alone more, though.
Let us know how it goes with the legal recruiter.
Congrats on the VF trades. I used to have Denise Austin's pilates tape and gave it to a friend. I had used it a lot though.

Gin:)

Hi again!

Marcy~ Great workout}( ! I hope you get some good feedback today at the recruiters. Keep us posted. Why are you not doing PS legs? It is a really good leg workout, even if you don't use heavy weights. (the abs are not good, so I understand your not wanting to do them!!) Do you have an ipod? I like to run with my ipod, and I only download good "workout" music for when I run.(I have an ipod shuffle and now they are only 49$$) I really like heavy metal to run to-- its got a good beat! Maybe you want to try cardio coach? Everyone on the boards raves about it.

Gin~ Yes, a negitive is help on the way up and slowly lower your self down. Even though I only do pullups this way I definately feel it! }( Clean Max was good. Yesterday I cleaned the bathrooms (2full/2 half) today I vacummed the area rugs, tomorrow I will dust and swifter the floors. Don't want to do too much at once!!LOL

Anxiously waiting for the email about the new forums!!! Do you guys think it will happen this month?

Deanie

Hi Again!

Things went pretty good at the recruiters. At least she had a couple of job openings to talk to me about. Not that the exact kind of positions I was hoping for but something is better than nothing. I also have to take those stupid tests again for the umpteenth time. But they shouldn't take too long since all these agencies seem to have the same program.

Gin - I'm not sore from GS Legs. I have seen people walking/running around but I guess I'm not doing it at the same time. I'm sure I'll "run" into them eventually.

Deanie - I have an IPOD which I guess would help me stop looking at my watch to see when thirty minutes was up. I just couldn't get into PS Legs. I'd probably say more like next month for the new forums. When do you think she might ship STS? I'm hoping for early September.

Marcy

I'm thinking mid to late Sept. hopefully we can start Oct. 1st!!
(I was hoping to have it for the summer, so I could have a rockin' swimsuit bod!!:p )

Deanie:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.