LET'S Go~ * ~ * WEDNESDAY

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals:)

Today was PS back and bi. with the chins/pullups thrown in. A good workout}( I didn't think I would raise my weights this week, but I was feeling good and raised some of them. I'm sure I will feel it later:+

I had a really nice day yesterday. Went to the pool about noonish and got home at 7pm!! The kids met their friends there and so did I and DH was working late, so we all had a nice relaxing time, leaving when we wanted:)

stats:
Chin ups/pull-ups: did sets today before PS: 6/6/5 chins, 6/6/6 pull-ups (neg)
Back:
T-bar row: 57.5# all 3 sets (up 2.5#)
Bent over rows:80# all 3 sets (same)
1 arm rows:35# all 3 sets (same, changed the way I did them though. Instead of bending over the high step with 7 risers, I did it the way Cathe does it in GS- 1 leg on the step with 2 risers)
Shrugs:15# (same- Cathe recommends a low weight)

Biceps
Barbell curls: 1st set 40# /10 reps, 2nd set 40#/8reps (up from 37.5# last week)
Hammer curls seated:: 20# (up 2.5#)
Curl up with twist, seated: 17.5# (same)
Negative curls with bb: 40#/6reps 1st set, 35#/8 reps 2nd set (up from 37.5 last week on first set, second set my arms were fried)
Concentration curls:15#/8reps both sets (up 3#, but 2 less reps)

Gin~ What's on the agenda today? I don't want to do the pyramids for 3 months either, especially with STS coming out. I want to start STS as soon as I get it!:7 I really wish I could go to the road trip, but I don't see that happening.:(

Marcy~ I hope you get your vcr fixed soon! Do you have a lot of tapes or mostly dvds? Your interview sounded good:) I hope you will be pleasantly (sp?) surprised!!! I don't care if I never get to level 13 on the treadmill- level 12 has me sprinting at 8.0 for 30 seconds and its killer}( I dont even want to know what level 13 would have me sprinting at!LOL

Have a great day
BBL,
Deanie

PS- When are you guys done with your rotation? I''m done the 28th. Do you want to do a leaning out rotation together? That's what I'm doing next. I think I may do one body part a day after that till STS (which I'm thinking will be late sept/ early Oct. (wishing it was sooner though!)

Good Morning Girls!

Today was a run, 4ds Cardio Power (KB/BC) and SM1. I know, I know, too much cardio, but I AM trying to prepare myself for the RT and then I will definitely decrease amt of cardio!;-)
Meeting for lunch with Kindergarten teacher I will be teaching with. She wants to go over the calendar and any info I will need to know. I have always been the only teacher in the my own classroom, so this will be different for me.

Deanie--Great workout! You amaze me, how you can just keep lifting heaver and heavier!}( Sounds like you had a fun day at the pool! I agree that I will want to start STS as soon as we get it! Next week is the last of this rotation. I am thinking about a rest week after the RT and then the rest of August a rotation of endurance or circuits? Your 8.0 sprints is running a 7.5 min pace! And uphill!}(

Marcy--The forums may be down soon. But, if you hear from the law firm, please e-mail!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi again

Gin~ Have a great lunch:9 Should be fun for you to work with someone, and bounce ideas back and forth! Got an email earlier from my new director, she is instituting using Miss Nadine, Miss Debbie, etc. for the teachers. No more Mrs.______. Not so thrilled with that, but she thinks it will give the school warm fuzzies:+ I am going to start an endurance/lean out rotation right after this one I think.

Hi Marcy!! Hope you hear good news today! Keep us posted:)

Off to the pool again. Not till 7pm today though:)
Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie--Hmmmm...I have never been called Miss _____ by the kids, always Mrs.________. Will that be hard for you to get used to?
Tell me what your endurance /lean out rotation will consist of? I enjoy doing the same thing!:)

Hi Marcy!

Gin:)

Hi back from the pool :)

Gin~ right now I will be doing 3 days cardio, 2 full body and one circuit.
This is Cathe's answer to someone wanting to lean out:
You really have to eat clean in addition to
working out. I don't know what you are currently doing
workout wise, but do 3 to 4 weekly cardio workouts (20 to 60
minutes based on your fitness level) and strength train two
times per week (non-consecutively and hitting every major
muscle group). That will be a nice foundation along with
eating clean to really get those muscle to show their faces
:)

So this is the rotation I came up with based on that:
Rotation:
Day 1: cardio- HIIT or interval run on treadmill 45 min.
Day 2: muscle endurance workout
Day 3: cardio- Imax of choice (low max, 1,2, or 3)
Day 4; muscle endurance workout
Day 5: cardio- 4DS KB/BC or CTX kickbox/ 10-10-10 or CK or KM bootcamp or KPC/KM cardio only
Day 6:cardio of choice- 60 min
Day 7: off
for the muscle endurance workouts I would do the same one both times each week, switching weekly: PH (week one), ME (week 2), SS & PP (week 3), MIS (week 4)

However, Fitness Freak (Debbie) said 3 days cardio and 3 full body is her recommendation. So we could either do a circuit instead of day 6 cardio or full body on day 6.

I'm going to go thru Cathes rotations and see how much cardio she does when she wants to lean out. Any/all suggestions are welcome!! (although I've probably missed you guys today!LOL:) )

Deanie

Good Evening!

Sorry for posting so late but DH was on the computer a long time today. He did fix my VCR yesterday though so I was able to do PS Back & Bis today. I really liked the workout. Short, effective and I was able to use heavy weight. I really like only 10 reps and feel like I'm able to go much heavier.

Back:
T-Bar Rows: 1st set - 60#, 2nd & 3rd sets - 65#
(I didn't really feel the T-Bar rows the last time I did this workout but I guess I just had to go heavier because I felt them this time.)
Bbl Rows: Set 1 - 45#; set 2 - 50#, set 3 - 55# (will do 60# next week)
1 Arm Rows: Warmup set: 28#, 2nd set - 30#; 3rd set - 30# but only 8 reps (Deanie: I agree about doing the one leg on the step - I was able to go heavier in GS and also more comfortable especially since I only have a 10# step)
Shrugs - 8# 1st set - didn't really feel anything; 10# 2nd set - felt like I was able to feel elongated in my posture)

Biceps:
BBl curls - Both sets 40#! (heaviest ever!) Did all reps.
Alt. Hammer Curls - 1st set - 15# all reps; elbow started to hurt so I had to go down to 13# for hammer curls with twist)
Negative Curls - 1st set - 6 reps @ 40#, 4 reps @ 35#
2nd set - 7 reps at 35# (I guess my arms were fried from the bbl curls)
Concentration Curls: 1st set - 13# 9 reps
2nd set - 13# - 7 reps (I wonder why she does 12 reps for this exercise)

Then I did Mindy's All About Abs with Bodyweight. This is still a challenging workout for me. The first half isn't so bad but the second half really kills me. Lots of plank work. Does side planks, then side planks into pushups (couldn't finish all on L side but I think that was because of my elbow) but did all on R side. She also does spider pushups (like in Jari's RTTC). She does a flutter with the legs in V-sit position which was challenging. Also does planks rolling forward on toes and planks with leg up, out, knee in across body, out and down.

Deanie - I have mostly DVDs in my collection but a lot of the VCR tapes I have I can't get on DVD. I might think about getting PS on DVD though.

In my son's nursery school, they also called teachers Miss and their first name. Actually, my son's nursery school was one of the best schools he went to aside from his high school. They were so good to him.

My rotation also ends on the 28th. I'll probably also do some kind of endurance and/or circuits.

Gin - How did your meeting go with the kindergarten teacher? July '08 might work for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to do yoga (haven't done it in awhile) and will probably be dancing tomorrow night.

I have another interview at a large law firm on Tuesday but it's only a temporary assignment from July 28 to October. Maybe I'll get lucky and get them both!

Have a good night!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.