Let's Go! TGIF!

marcy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We were busy running around.

I did Kickbox Xtreme yesterday for the first time. It was pretty good. It was 5 combos and intervals. She did combo 1 and then an interval, combo 2 and then and interval and then combined combo and intervals 1 and 2. The same was repeated for 3 and 4. Then she did combo 5 and interval and combined them (I think I liked combo 5 the best.) I felt like my right shoulder popped out of its socket on one of the punches so I really didn't do the workout full out but I did enjoy it. The combos weren't too difficult to pick up. I'm sure I'll like it even more once I do it more. It felt like there was an even amount of upper and lower body work.

I also did Core Max 2. I've been wanting to do this one all week but just didn't have the energy after the strength workout. I also was looking at the Tough Abs premix which looked really good. I just did the planks from that one but will probably do the premix next week.

Today was Reach. I still love this workout. Good for a light day but still a very effective workout. Balance felt good today.

Deanie - Sounds like a great treadmill workout. Is 12 the highest level on the treadmill?

Gin - Good work on upping the weight on your triceps! GS C&T is probably Cathe's toughest strength workout for me. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow. Was thinking about doing it today but just didn't want to possibly strain anything.

I know how long needlepoint takes to finish. The detail work is what takes forever. I still have a stocking I made for my dog which I never finished because of all the detail work. I'm thinking about picking up my needlepoint again. I have a box of projects that haven't even been started yet.

Hope you guys have great workouts today! Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran and then did Terminator Viper (cardio only)and Core Max2. Term. Viper may be one of my new favs! It was tough and I was a sweaty mess, but it combined two of my favorite step tapes...C&W and IMAX2. Now I will have Buttercup AND Pina Colada in my head all day!!;-) :eek: I had trouble sleeping last night and think I got about 4 hours...BLAH!x( I'm sure I will crash and burn later. DH was out-of-town so that may be why, but he will be back today.

Marcy--How did it go with the legal recruiter? Is Kickbox Xtreme Amy Bento? Glad you liked it. A stocking for your dog? How cute!! Scooter just has a store bought one. I did glitter glue her name on the cuff, though! I made a needlepoint pillow with a corgi face and plaid background a few years ago. I may be able to finish the camel today!! YEAH!

Deanie--Where are you girlfriend?? Are you busy getting things together for your ds's b-day party? Was today a weight day?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Again!

Gin - It went well with the legal recruiter although I'm still waiting to hear back from her. She said the big firms aren't using agencies right now to keep their budget down. But I did get a call today directly from the firm that I really wanted to work at. A friend at my old firm has a friend who works there and she referred me. They called this morning and I have an interview on Tuesday. The hours are from 10:30 - 7:00 which is a little late for me but as DH even pointed out - I have plenty of time to workout in the morning! They have great benefits and it's been voted one of the best places to work for.

Kickbox Xtreme is Amy Bento. I know Buttercup and Pina Colada are always on my brain after doing those workouts. I like Viper but it is a really long workout.

Good luck on finishing your camel!

Are you doing PS next week?

Deanie - Hope party preparations are going well. Were you able to workout yet?

Marcy

Good Afternoon!!

Today I was running around all morning, nonstop!! Laundry, dishwasher, bank, food shopping, barmitzvah phone calls-whew!! Soon I have to pick up DS at camp and we have a Dr. appt (well visit) and a trip to Target (DS wants to spend the last of his bday $$)

Anyhoo, today was PS legs & chins/pullups:
Legs:
(vest = 20#)
Chin-ups: 6 (same as last week)
Lunges/back lunges: vest & 2/17.5#dbs (up 2.5#)
Static lunges: vest & 35#bb (up 5#)
Plie squats light: vest only
Plie squats heavy: vest & 35#bb (up 5#)
Pull-ups: 6 negative (same)
Step ups: vest & 2/ 12#dbs (up from 10's last week)
Squats: vest & 35#bb (up 5#)
Sit & stands: vest & 35#bb (up 5#)
Dead lifts: 65# (up 10#-- didn't realize!!)
Chin ups: 6 –last one was tough!!
Calves:
Inner thighs w/ankle weights
Outer thighs w/ankle weights
Hamstrings:
Pull-ups: forgot to do!!:eek: was running late!!darn!!x(

I will probably keep these same weights again next week for the most part. I think its easier to go heavier on the weights with the vest on, it balances you out more- if that makes sense. Also, I realized I will be able to use my weight bench as a squat rack, if I put the bb in the rack (the way its supposed to go) and I stand behind the bench:)

Gin~ glad you enjoyed your new dvd!:7 I love doing the Gauntlet cardio only! Imax 2 and boot camp cardio!! I'll have to try the viper! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. I hear you about not sleeping well when DH isn't there! Great workout yesterday}( DSs cake will be a round cake decorated like a baseball with Happy Birthday in blue and orange (mets colors). I like to bake the cake early, freeze it and then ice it the day of the party. Its easier to ice when its frozen. His party is tomorrow.

Marcy~ Missed you yesterday! Your kickbox workout sounds good. Level 15 is the highest level on HIIT for the treadmill. Tough abs is my favorite ab workout on core max, with #1 a close second! Will you be doing PS next week? HOpe all is going well on the job front, keep us posted!

Have a great day!!
Deanie

Marcy~ we were posting at the same time!!LOL I am sending ((((((get the job))))))vibes your way. The hours are great for working out in the morning!! Before I was a mom, my hours were 10-6 and I got home at 7- it was great!! Hows your DH doing with job hunting? It took my DH about 7 months to get something!x( I hope it doesn't take that long for you all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.