Let's chat about the new workouts

Miss you too Jillybean! The seated work in Slide and Gide actually uses the firewalker loop and is mostly a total body mix.
Cathe - I miss you!

I am super duper excited for the Low Impact Series!! I preordered the 1st day and am eagerly awaiting this series' release!!!

In an earlier post, I read that Slide N Glide has standing and seated work. Is the seated work sort of the like the outer thigh work with the band you did in 4 Day Split's lower body work?

Can't wait!!!

DebD said:
Hi Cathe,

The workouts sound awesome:) I can't wait for Cyclemax, today I was able to get the last bike in the class, soon it won't be an issue;)

Deb loved seeing you in Cyclemax:)

Thank you Deb! I've always wanted to workout with you in your home! :) Can't wait to knock on your door!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Miss you Danielle! Can't wait to workout with you in this new series :)

Hi Cathe, I am so looking forward to these new workouts. I think this is just what I need to give over my little fitness bump since the Disney Road Trip. Plus it gives me a reason to buy a spin bike :D and it will be since to see some friends from the RT.

Miss You Jenn! Thanks for your kind words!

Yes, the slide and glide discs will cost $22.97 individually.

Cathe, I bought the series last month along with the free gliders, however, I know some people just bought it and it won't come with the gliders. Do you happen to know how much these will cost? Not sure if this has been asked already.

Other than that, I am so excited for these...and I started STS to give me something to do so I don't obsess thinking about these. Thanks for all of your hard work. I think there is a nice mix with these workout...they seem new and refreshing and very creative.

Jenn A...I want to do a marathon of the series when it is out too. Let's make it happen!!

Hi Cathe. No questions...just can't wait for the new workouts! I loved the last series you put out. Intensity is my absolute favorite step workout ever...surpassing even Imax2 which was my gold standard!

Miss You Jenn! Thanks for your kind words!

Yes, the slide and glide discs will cost $22.97 individually.
Thanks so much, Cathe...miss you too!!!

My sister-in-law just bought the series, so I will relay the price to her. Under $23 is not bad at all!! Good to know in case I need an extra set, I have a few future Cathletes in the house that may want to join me!

Great question Jenn! Actually the fitness trends are leaning toward circuits, metabolic training, hiit and tabata....so I fused some of this concept by doing circuit training and compound exercises to influence a metabolic effect.

I really can't wait to do Athletic Training! It was tough at the roadtrip on a low step height so I can't wait to experience it on a higher step! Was there something specific that led you in this direction? Or are you simply raising the bar for us again? (or shall i say raising the barre? :p )

I agree...it was tough on the low step! We are in for a treat I guess! :O

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Hi Cathe!

I am so excited for the new workouts! I recently hurt my knee and am unable to do my favorites like Intensity and Circuit Blast. The timing of these dvds for me is perfect!

Thank you for loving what you do and sharing your passion with us!!

Karen

Fun Questions Ebonynicole!

I definitely get a few butterflies/adrenaline before filming something old or new. Not sure that ever goes away...:D

Yes, this was my first time filming an indoor cycle DVD. I would have done it in the past but I wasn't sure how many people owned an indoor cycle bike. When I mentioned it, we got good response so we thought we would try it.

This is the first time we spaced out filming in this manner and I liked it a lot. Although there were a lot of work trips packed in between it still gave my body some recovery time before hitting it hard again.

Thank you for your kind words!

Hello Miss Cathe,

I just wanted to know if you ever get nervous preparing for any new workout, particularly with Cycle Max? Isn't this the first time doing a workout like that?

Also I like the way that you took the time with filming so you didn't stress yourself out, was this the first time you have taken this approach?

I commend you for continuously putting out awesome workouts on a regular basis. You are my only personal trainer and I love your approach to fitness!

Keep doing what you are doing Cathe :D

Hi LaDonna! This step workout is all steady state. A warm up, 5 combo's..some shorter than others....and a cool down.

Hi Cathe!

I am really excited about these new workouts, and I love step. My question is what is the format for Low Impact Challenge? i.e. 3 step sections and then putting all 3 together in the end, similar to Step Moves, or will it have a drill after each section similar to the 4-Day Split, or something like Intensity?

LaDonna

Hi Murphy! We are trying it to see how it goes over. We are hoping enough people enjoy indoor cycling DVD's and have indoor cycle bikes to support the effort.

In other words, if the demand is there my supply is endless :D

I just thought of a question, is the CycleMax something you wanted to try once or do you expect to make cycling dvd's in the future?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.