Leg workout

Shericbuck

Cathlete
Hello, I am staring STS Meso 2 again. Last couple of attempts I gained weight & size. This time I am going to very carefully count/watch what I put in my mouth. Clean Clean Clean eating!!!! Looking forward to the program.

Question....What is your favorite leg workout other than STS legs that you go to time and time again. My legs are fairly tone and I can handle heavy weight. I am looking to trim out. I have been spinning & running on treadmill for cardio. I don't do well with the disc.

Should I continue with heavy weight (ex: GS or Pyramid) or do more of a high rep/light weight or maybe instead of weights for legs run on the treadmill more. I have a treadmill that inclines & declines.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

PS...I have about 98% Cathe's disc.

Thanks,
Sherry

A lot of folks have found the plyo leg workouts in STS to work well. Also Cardio Leg Blast for XTrain is great. Or you might consider combining a plyo-focused leg workout with a barre workout. Several of Cathe's DVDs have bonus barre segments that you could tack on at the end of a regular leg workout.

I've also found Great Glutes and Lean Legs & Abs to be great for toning and definition.

Swimmer has summed up really well my thoughts on this.

Try out high rep but give it more than 4 weeks. It does take time to see improvement considering nutrition is clean of course. Consistently give it a try for 8 to 12 weeks. I would advise Rock bottom rotation. It did hit the back of leg really good. I got more than I bargained for ;):p:eek:

Later on when you resume Heavy rotation, i would suggest you try squat rack if you have one at home. Try it for 2-4 weeks.This worked for me. Not in a hypertrophy at all and not that I wanted to. No increase in size at all. My legs do really feel toned now :):)

High reps legs are Leg and Glutes, The notoriously known OUCHIE Butt and Guts, turbo barre, Gym styles legs....

To reply to your question: My favourite is Cardio leg blast. I just loves plyos. My legs need explosives moves to be in shape:D:D. I also love triset leg from meso 2 narrow squat work wonder on my quads sweep (outer quads):p:p

All the best and please keep us posted:cool:

Last edited:
I agree with Swimmer and Nathalie on the Cardio Leg Blast - effective and fun. The other thing I try to do every week is add on kick boxing - I find it really helps 'stretch out' my legs, so I'm working the eccentric as well as concentric contractions - I guess barre works in the same way. I do the kickboxing as a cardio, rather than strength, though. Sometimes I do a half-hour pre-mix after STS legs. That works!!!! ;)

Justine

Wow, Thanks for the suggestions. I have them all..except "Meaner Legs". I am going to have to check that one out. Sounds like fun!

I have never tried the Barre workouts but I will now. Swimmer, I will try your suggestions...Plyo followed by barre. I tried the Great Glues & Lean Legs right after I got them and have not tried them since. I think I need to pull some DVD's off the shelf and blow off the dust and give some of the old "Gems" a try. B&G "Ouchie", L&G's love all the premixes, especially with KPC.

Cathe has so many Killer workouts that my mind gets fuzzy just trying to think which one this week.

I would stick with the Meso 2 Legs....but I just don't like the Disc work. I guess I could just do it without the disc.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and what you all do.

BTW Justinie..I also love to do a KB once a week....especially at the end of the week when I feel like kicking some butt. "LOL" "usually my butt"

one more thing....all of you and a few others chimed in when I was asking for help on getting a bicep by 50. I am noticing a difference and loving it, I still have until May. The clock is ticking.

Thanks to all!!!!
Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.