LCS imbalance

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi Cathe. I hope this finds you well and thoroughly enjoying the beautiful days of fall.

You know I've worked out with you for years, and then dabbled in heavier stuff as well. I was so proud of myself for my 200# squat, my 270# deadlift, etc. BUT they've been short lived at best.

I've struggled with very tight hip flexors, and now what I've experienced is a tight hip flexor on one side of the body, coupled with a very tweaky glute/ham tie in on the OTHER side. After A LOT of struggle and rehab, blah, blah, blah, I'm learning about an issue called lower cross syndrome.

Wondering if you have any experience with this issue or suggestions for dealing with it. I know TIME for sure, and slow postural, balanced exercises. I was humbled indeed when a PT put me through the paces of using one TWELVE pound dumbbell for a squat while facing the wall. HARD. It's aggravating for sure. Just looking to tap into your wisdom. Thanks Cathe. All the best.

You described what I've been dealing with for 4 years....now thanks to you... I know what it's called....I currently am stretching the hip flexors and strengthening the glutes and hams...also stretching the low back and hamstrings....I feeling better and stronger and almost pain free for two weeks....

Agreed. I've had similar issues, particularly tight butt muscles and lower back. I'm now focusing on stretching those areas several times a day. Additionally, I have high hamstring tendonitis in my leg with the lazy butt muscles and hams. THANKS for posting this.

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting this!;) I have MS which has caused me to have a big muscle imbalance on the right side and I'm right handed and right side dominant. This has left me with lots of low back, glute, and hamstring tightness on only the right side. I know its a muscle imbalance issues because if I stretch or do a warm up then a weight workout or use a roller on that area it feels fine. Other times its just painful so I did order Cathe's two new Great Glutes and Lean Legs and Abs for just that reason. I also have found that KCM's Your Healthy Back workout to be helpful with that. I never had a name for it before but I do now thanks to you. Thanks again for sharing this info with us and just know many of us do have that same issue as you do for various reasons I'm sure, you are not alone. Take care and I hope the exercises you learned to help with the muscle imbalances you have experienced are helping. We Cathletes need to stick together.;):)

Take care!;)

Nora

up date on progress.

I've been doing the theraphy exercises show in the videos posted....I feel great....not 100% yet but I am stepping, running, squating, and jumping like crazy.....thank you for posting the info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.