Latex content of bands and loops

dking

Hi, I am very excited about your new workouts! But I have recently developed a latex sensitivity. If a band has even a slight latex smell, I can't use it anymore. Do your bands and loops have any kind of chemical odor?

I have a severe allergy to latex, and so I'm very interested in the response to the above question. Also, do the bands or loops contain any latex? Administrator?

I know the ones I bought from Amazon, Arena, are not latex free. They do contain some latex. But no one has complained about the smell from Arena brand unlike others that they sell. That is also why I bought them, I hate getting something that smells bad right out of the package. I hope they respond soon. You may want to email them and see if you get a faster answer.

Hi, I am very excited about your new workouts! But I have recently developed a latex sensitivity. If a band has even a slight latex smell, I can't use it anymore. Do your bands and loops have any kind of chemical odor?
Hi dking, our fabric bands and loops have a mix of nylon and latex. The bands only have a slight smell to them and most people will not notice the smell unless they hold the band right under their nose. Cathe has a sensitivity to latex too. When she uses latex resistance tubes her skin will have a reaction to the latex tube where it rubs against her skin, however, with the fabric bands and loops she doesn't have any problems when the bands touch her skin. This doesn't mean you will not have issues as everyone's sensitivity can be different, but none of our crew or staff, including Cathe, have had any issues.

How different are the fabric bands from plain old latex? Do they function much differently (not feel, but function)? I am wondering if I need to invest in the fabric ones or not since I have non-fabric latex bands/loops.

Hi CanadianCathlete, all bands provide resistance throughout the concentric and eccentric phase of an exercise, but different bands come in different lengths, resistances and have different elasticity.

When you compare Boss Loops to say our Firewalker loops they both are loops that are mainly geared for working the glute muscles. However, they are used in different ways and each has its advantages. Firewalker loops are mainly used around the ankles which place more stress on the knees. Boss Loops are worn above the knees and hence place less stress on the knees. Our Boss Loops also will not roll up or pinch your skin as firewalker loops can at times do. But for some exercises, Firewalker will be the best option while for other exercises Boss Loops will be the best choice. The same is true for free weights where a barbell is best sometimes, and dumbbells are a better choice for other times.

Boss Fabric bands are really a big 40 inch per side loop (80 inches total length if cut) and hence make it possible to do some exercises that can't be done by a non-loop band. Fabric Boss Bands and loops are also less likely to irritate your skin and are more durable than TPE or latex bands, so you don't have to worry about them ever breaking.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I find it really distracting when the loops roll up and pinch if used above the knees. It will be interesting to see if the new ones are any easier to slip on/off than the old ones, but I'll probably still need to press pause sometimes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.