Last Chance to Pre-Order the Fit Tower™. Only a Few Days Left!

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
lastChancePreorder600px.jpg
Pre-Sale Ends September 18th*

Reminder that this is your last chance to take advantage of the Fit Tower™ Pre-Sale. The sale will end on Sept 18th or sooner if stock runs out. We're currently down to 199 units in stock as of a few days ago. Make sure to use coupon code Cathe10 to save an additional 10%. Order now at: http://fittower.com/?key=csm

I received mine today. The "cross bar assembly" (the padded piece Cathe is holding on to in the picture) is faulty. The spring on one side is damaged and will not latch. I tried calling the 800 number but it kept going to voicemail...an outdated voicemail stating the company is "closed for the holiday." I'll try again tomorrow. I admit to being frustrated and disappointed. It has a 6 month warranty but if a simple spring can render the whole thing useless, I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth keeping and having the same problem in 6 months with no recourse.

On the bright side, delivery was surprisingly fast. I ordered this thing on Saturday and it arrived today (Tuesday). I'm in SoCal so it didn't have far to travel. I'm hoping they will send me the replacement part so that I won't have to repackage it and return the whole thing. If I do need to send it back, I'll probably just cancel my order. I should not have to pay return shipping since my return is based on a faulty part.

I'm a bit disgusted as I look at all the packaging scattered on the floor. I always save my packaging anyway just in case I need to return a product. The FT was thoroughly and carefully packaged with protecting it from damage in mind. That's great unless you have to return it. Just the thought of taking this thing apart and putting everything back in it's bag and cardboard protectors, wearies me.

I'm posting this so that those ordering the tower will not let the it sit in the box for a few months. Yours is probably fine but do yourself a favor, once it arrives, put it together and make sure it's okay.

Last edited:
The "cross bar assembly" (the padded piece Cathe is holding on to in the picture) is faulty. The spring on one side is damaged and will not latch. I tried calling the 800 number but it kept going to voicemail...an outdated voicemail stating the company is "closed for the holiday." I'll try again tomorrow. I admit to being frustrated and disappointed. It has a 6 month warranty but if a simple spring can render the whole thing useless, I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth keeping and having the same problem in 6 months with no recourse.

I know what you are referring to, one side of the cross bar on mine is hard to get latched in, I can get it, but I have to check & double check it
to make sure it is secure. I am hoping this won't cause problems down the road, esp, after warranty is over ! I felt immediately when
comparing the 2 towers, that the cross bar on the 1st one latches so much better ....... Hope you get a reply.

I know what you are referring to, one side of the croIss bar on mine is hard to get latched in, I can get it, but I have to check & double check it
to make sure it is secure. I am hoping this won't cause problems down the road, esp, after warranty is over ! I felt immediately when
comparing the 2 towers, that the cross bar on the 1st one latches so much better ....... Hope you get a reply.

Thanks Aqua Girl. I don't expect SNM to reply. In other threads they've directed others that had questions about the tower to the Fit Tower website or the 800 number. I posted here so anyone that buys the tower will know to assemble it more sooner than later. Also, to see if anyone else had a similar issue. I didn't want to make a new thread and call attention to my posting. They are trying to move these things and posting like mine might discourage someone from buying it.

I called customer service this morning and got someone. He said they would send a replacement for the part out today. I asked him if it would arrive in a few days like the tower did. . He said parts are shipped from Pennsylvania and will take about a week to get to me. I didn't have to return the faulty part. Maybe I return it in prepaid packaging that will arrive with the replacement part. We'll see.

Since they are willing to replace the part in a hassle free manner, maybe you should consider getting yours replaced. I did try to "make" the bar latch. It appeared to but when I pulled on the bar to test it, that side slipped. After the third try I squeezed both latches. The left side had plenty of give. The other side barely moved. That's what made me look to see how the latches worked. The right spring was fine but the left one was all "scrinched" up and some of the coils overlap. It had just enough give to move slightly. That's why it won't catch.

So, we'll see what happens with the new one.

Something else potential buyers should know is that the weight capacity for the clips (if using as a spotter/holder for bench presses) is about 95 lbs. Or, as they put it, "a bar with no more than 45 pounds on each side"). The weight capacity for using it for body weight exercises is 350 lbs. So, it's suitable for most people for general use. Someone thought the 350 was the capacity for a barbell.

Yes, thanks Teals for your post & suggestion. I did call them explaining that I can get it latched, but it just doesn't
Seem to be as secure on the one side as the other. Matter of fact, after I used it the last time, I noticed that the
One side wasn't even in the hole! And I always test it as Cathe suggests in the workouts. Anyway, they,are
Sending me another bar as well, and the lady was very kind and helpful....she also said not to worry about
Returning the other one, which I think is very nice as well. You will love the tower.

You are both very welcome.

Juliebeth, I hope your tower is okay and that you enjoy using it. It's quite easy to put together. I'm sure you'll agree with what others have said. It was faster to put it to together than it was to un-package the parts.

Thanks Aqua Girl for letting me know I won't have to return the other part. The customer service person I spoke to was kind and helpful as well.
I appreciated your other post about how the workouts helped increase your pull up strength to the more advanced version. I wasn't going to use the DVDs (for some reason the previews didn't interest me) but now I'll take a look see.

I'm looking forward to using the tower. Your feedback and some of the other ones about it got me off the fence to buy it. I ordered it but canceled and bought a squat rack instead. Once it was offered again I had a chance to see some of the reviews and decided it would be useful for me. I'm not so much into barre workouts that I'd buy something just for that. However, it's portability is nice as my squat rack isn't going to be moved about the house. I intended to use it for push ups and pull ups in addition to my heavy lifting and squats but the FT padded bar will be more comfortable for push ups and pull ups. I have a suspension trainer (that I love) but the FT pull ups will make doing Cathe's workouts more convenient and save me a little time.

Thanks again both of you.

Last edited:
I'm happy to hear that your Fit Tower matters were addressed by Fit Tower customer service team and that everything appears to be resolved.
Just like Cathe.com, the FT customer service was excellent. Thank you for the all around excellence and integrity that you (and Chris) bring-to-the-table with all of your endeavors.

Yes, I really like the workouts that came with it, granted, they aren't "killer" workouts, but I am not so much into
"Killer" workouts anymore. :). I love the pull-up and push-ups progressions in the 3 workouts, and the different
Ways to use the tower for upper body & Abs. They are good training DVDs. Yes, I hope to get the other bar next
Week and hopefully it will be easier to latch it...she did say not to worry about returning, but if they include
Return shipping prepaid, I will... Enjoy your towers!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.