Lara bar recipes?

The blog Chocolate Covered Katie has some great vegan recipes. She has a recipe for German Chocolate Fudge Bites that are basically Lara Bar-balls. There are also a few other Lara Bar recipes on her site.
I also made the Deep Dish Cookie Pie (which is by no means "healthy" because of all the sugar, but it's much, much better than a real cookie pie) and it was really, really good.

I wanted to bring this thread up again to say that I am enjoying these bars so much! I've made them numerous times, even making up my own combination of flavors. I just recently made a batch of almond, dark chocolate, apricots and unsweetened coconut :p. The possibilities are endless :)

Thanks again! Enjoy!

Natasha

mini-natty said:
I wanted to bring this thread up again to say that I am enjoying these bars so much! I've made them numerous times, even making up my own combination of flavors. I just recently made a batch of almond, dark chocolate, apricots and unsweetened coconut :p. The possibilities are endless :)

Thanks again! Enjoy!

Natasha

Agree! These bars are so easy to make and super delish! Gotta watch the calorie intake on these, since the basic ingredients are so calorie-dense, but I'm enjoying these bars very much. As you said Natasha, ingredient possibilities for these bars is simply endless. :D

The recipe for my mixture is almost the same as the basic cherry/almond/date original:

1/3 cup almonds (whole)
1/4 cup dates (chopped)
1/4 cup combined mixed apricots & dark chocolate chopped
1-2 tbs unsweetened coconut (or to taste)
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Obviously you can add as much coconut, apricots or dark chocolate as you like keeping in mind the calorie content does increase. This is a rich bar probably coming it at 250-300cal, but it's perfect for a mid-afternoon snack, pre-workout snack or even a breakfast on the go. Combine it with a nice cup of coffee or tea :p.

Enjoy!

Natasha

Last edited:
I just made the choc chip cookie dough bars and they really are good.

For me, though, their appearance is a bit difficult to get over...if you know what I mean. My DH was so kind as to bring this aspect of them to my attention and now I think of that whenever I look at them :eek:.. I know...grow UP!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.