Kyle is Born!

KJT

Cathlete
Hi, I posted a few weeks that I had experienced premature rupture of the membranes at the end of my 28th week and I am finally checking back in with you all to give you an update.

My membranes ruptured on May 26 and I was hospitalized until Kyle's birth on June 11! He was born at the beginning of 31 weeks so his little lungs are in pretty good shape. He weighed in at 3lbs, 8oz. He is in a neonatal intensive care unit and will probably be there for 6 to 8 weeks. He has been breathing on his own since Father's Day and is getting my breastmilk through a feeding tube. He is tolerating his feedings pretty well. He needs to gain weight and learn to suck and swallow before he can come home. He seems to be a very content, happy baby despite all this.

I am holding up fairly well--I really miss him and want him home with me. I have gone back to work so that I can save my time off for when he does come home. I hopped on the treadmill last night for my very first workout and did okay! I am anxious to get back on track with my workouts because they give me extra energy and really help my mental well being! But, I know that I need to take it slow and get plenty of rest. Though, Kyle is not home with me, I am pumping breastmilk every 3 to 4 hours, so that does get tiresome! Oh, well, it will be good practice for when he is home with me!

I'd like to thank you all for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts and responding to my post regarding premature rupture of membranes--your words of encouragement really lifted my spirits while I was in the hospital. Thanks, so very much for being there!

p.s. I had a very fast, easy labor and delivery--started feeling contractions at 3pm, doctor examined me at 5pm and I was 9cm dialated!!! I had no epidural and only pushed for about 15 minutes! Of course, I was completely terrified because it all was happening so fast--my husband barely got there in time!!!

Congratulations!

...and God Bless little Kyle! I am so happy for you that your labor and delivery went so fast too! I will continue to keep you, your hubby and Kyle in my prayers. It must be so hard not having him in your arms at all times. Give him a big smooch & hug from all his Aunties & Uncles here. What a great Father's Day gift. Keep us posted.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

I'm so happy that you both are doing well. I was really getting worried about you and Kyle.

I think it's a great idea for you to go back to work now so you can be there for Kyle when he comes home.

Take very good care of yourself and give little Kyle lots of hugs and kisses from all of us. Be sure to keep us posted on his progress too.

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/allisig1.gif

I am so glad to hear that you and Kyle are doing okay. I hope you will be bringing him home very soon! I know you must be missing him terribly! Take care.
Lisa

Congratulations!

Welcome Kyle! Wow, I'm just so happy for you. I hope all continues to go smoothly. Soon your little baby will be home and in your arms!

Hang in there and know that we are thinking of you.

Big Congrats and big hugs to you, hubby and Kyle!!! I'm so happy you had an easy labor and delivery.
Hope Kyle hurries and gets to come home to you soon--sounds like he will, the little champ!
--Christine

Congratulations on the birth of baby Kyle. I'm so happy to hear that both of you are doing so well. I know you must be very anxious to have him home with you. Soon he will be home in your arms and you will have all day and night to cuddle and kiss your little precious bundle. Big hugs to the new family!

Congratulations on baby Kyle!
My thoughts and prayeers are with you that he will get to come home soon with you. It must be tough to have to leave him every night at the hospital.. Hang in there!
Best wishes,
Lynn

Many, many thanks to all you for keeping my baby Kyle in your thoughts and prayers. Your words of support are so very appreciated and I am going to print out your notes and put them in his special keepsake box. He is doing fine--exactly what he should be doing for his age (if he had stayed in utero, he would just begin his 34th week!)

We have started to try breast feeding and he is doing well. He has latched on and sucked a little, but is mostly "rooting"--I love these breast feeding terms! ha,ha,ha

He now weighs 3lbs, 10.2 oz!! He has surpassed his birth weight!

As for me, I am ready to start working out, but am having trouble finding the time! I am not getting to crazed about it though because Kyle does come first and sometimes I just get stuck at the hospital longer than I had anticipated. This week I am going to play around with different times for working out and see what time seems to work best for me and baby. Gee, the baby isn't even home with me yet and there already aren't enough hours in the day!

Take care all of you! And Thanks...

Congrats - and i'm sorry he's not home with you (m)

I had a super fast lbor/delivery at 36 wks, and my daughter didn't come home for 3 weeks (pneumonia). It is hard... pumping instead of really nursing when nursing is needed... but you are doing great!!

Hang in there!

Leela

RE: Congrats - and i'm sorry he's not home with you (m)

Hi, Leela--

Thanks for the note! We have made big progress--Kyle has been moved out of the isolette and into a crib so the doctors can see how he does in maintaining his body temperature. Now we just have to keep working on the feeding, and he is doing well with it--needs to practice and gain his strength...who knows--he may end up coming home sooner than we had thought!! Thanks for thinking of me!

How...

...WONDERFUL!!! So happy to hear the good news. Sending lil' Kyle a BIG cyber Hug { }! Give him an extra kiss from us all! Hope he's home soon.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hoping he goes home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there!! Im' so glad he is doing well with the feeding and is out of the isolette!! Go Kyle, Go! :)

Leela

RE: Hoping he goes home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, thanks for your notes everyone. I am saving them to put in Kyle's keepsake box!

Well, I got excited too soon about the breastfeeding--Mr. Kyle has now decided that he is not that interested and it is easier to get fed through a tube. He only stays awake for about 3 minutes on the breast and then he sleeps and gets really mad if I try to wake him up! I am meeting with a lactation consultant this evening to get some advice. So, we will keep on trying...I have to remember that he is still very little and young...

I actually did Circuit Max yesterday!! I did alot of modifications to eliminate some of the high impact moves and I used light weights, but, I did it and enjoyed every moment of it!! I am trying to work out every other day for an hour...so far so good!

Sounds like your little Kyle has already got a bunch of spunk in him :) I'm glad you're going to keep trying though. Kyle is a very lucky boy to have such a great mommy.

Your workouts are amazing. I don't know where you are getting the energy between work and the hospital. I have the upmost respect for you.

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see Kyle.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm looking forward to Kyle's next update :)

Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and.......
[/p]

Littlest one due on February 24, 2002
[/p]

Alli,

Congrads on your pregnancy--I have been meaning to drop you a note of congrads and am just now getting around to it! Hope all is going well.

Kyle now weighs 4lbs, 3oz and is doing just great. We expect that he will come home to us SOON!!! Breastfeeding is going okay--he is having trouble latching on but once he does it, he is doing great. He is having no problems with the bottle...

Well, my workouts have been going okay when I can fit them in--I am now trying for every other day. Working out actually gives me an energy boost in the evening but I gotta admit that there are days when I just can't do it because I am soooooo tired....

I do have pictures of Kyle but don't have the capabiltity to scan them...

Take Care and I will keep you posted on Kyle's progress!!

He is growing so well. I can't wait for you to post when he's coming home.

If you have double prints of Kyle's pictures, I'd be happy to scan them and post them for you. Can you tell I just love babies? Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

I think you are doing so great with your workouts. Better than I am and you've got way more on you.

Give Kyle a big ole smooch from all of us.

Hugs

Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and.......
[/p]

Littlest one due on February 24, 2002
[/p]

Hi, Alli and everyone!

Just wanted to give you an update on my little guy, Kyle (he is a preemie). He came home from the hospital on July 13 (he was born on June 11)and he is doing just wonderful!!! He is growing like a weed and eating up a storm!! When he was released from the hospital, he weighed 4lbs, 7 oz and I am pleased to tell you that he now weighs close to 7lbs and has outgrown his preemie clothes!! This is all so amazing to me especially since my due date was Aug 12!

Alli,how are you doing???? Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy. I read that Cathe is pregnant--how exciting for her and us, too!!

As for me working out, I have temporarily put it on hold. I found that I was getting stressed out trying to figure out when I could fit in a workout. Now I am back to work (earlier than I had anticipated due to a bueracracy that does not have the capability to think outside the box!!) and Kyle is just now getting settled in with the daycare situation. So... I decided to
put the workouts on hold until we all have made these new adjustments. I'm targeting Labor Day week to get back to it or even maybe next week. Nonetheless, I am VERY confident that once I start using all my Cathe tapes (especially Power Hour)and workout consistently, I will regain my strength and cardio and hopefully my pre-pregnancy body!!

thanks again to all of you for your support and encouragement! You guys are the best!!! Kellie

YIPPEE!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-01 AT 05:09PM (Est)[/font][p]I was really hoping that your absense meant Kyle was home. Wow!! Almost 7 lbs. He sure is a trooper. What a good little man.

I think you are being very smart to put your workouts on hold for now. I can't blame you a bit. You're under enough stress right now without having to worry about adding more to your life. I think it's also good that you've set a date to get started.... atta girl!

Please keep us posted on Kyle's accomplishments. I just love this little guy :)

As for me, I'll be 14 weeks Saturday so I'm feeling better. I've already started to feel this little one move a bit and my energy is finally returning. I have started back with my workouts this week. Right now I'm doing every other day until my stamina gets back up there. My fitness really took a major hit during the first trimester. Thanks for asking.

Hi Kellie,
I'm so glad to hear that your little guy is home and doing well!
You have been through alot these last couple of months but seems you are still quite a trooper. My hats off to you! Take care.
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.