KPC

Justinef

Cathlete
Today I did a Kick, Punch, Crunch pre-mix - an 82 minute one which mixes the kickbox combos with circuits from Legs and Glutes (although I saved the abs until later). It's a great pre-mix. I was looking to do a cardio / leg day, but didn't want to do Plyo legs or CLB (because I do them too often, I love them so much).

Any other cardio / leg pre-mix gems I'm missing out on?

Justine:

is this pre-mix low impact or is there jumping involved? I have achilles trouble at the moment, going to physio, but meanwhile, I'm scouring my DVD collection for workouts that provide cardio without any impact at all.

Comments?

Dirtdiva is a veritable encyclopedia of fab premixes among Cathe's workouts: she knows them all, has done them all, hopefully she'll have some answers for you, or you could start a new thread for her attn and ask her for a list: we could all copy it down immediately and take notes!!!!

Clare

Justine,

One of my shorter (40 min total) cardio and leg premixes is from HTSA. I do the warm up, all 5 cardio sections, the cardio and leg section, then the cool down. You could do the cardio and leg section twice if you want too, but I never tried that. My legs are toast by the end and my abs get worked holding them in during all the leg presses.

Beth

Thank you, Beth - I'll try that. 40 minutes sounds perfect ;)

Clare - lots of plyo moves involved - even in the weights section (killer lunges, with a power lunges in between etc!), so no good for a sore Achilles. I have to avoid step as well when mine hurts.

Hopefully DirtDiva will come up with ideas!

Another one which I've spotted is DrillMax Cardio Leg Blast premix - anyone tried it?

I think there might be something on the 4-Day split, I think there are some pretty awesome TB & UB + cardio premixes too on that one for longish stuff.

Body Max 2 - Scrambled Eggs :)

Haven't done them though.

Hey Justine, I adore that KPC premix as well and really like mixing legs and cardio, so you motivated me to search for the leg/cardio premixes! Besides what was already mentioned, here's what I could find:

Athletic Training - Leg Cardio Express premix (35 mins)
Boot Camp - Cardio and Lower Body premix (34 mins)
CrossFire - any of the premixes with firewalker tabata
Drill Max - Cardio Leg Blast (like firemedic, this is a personal favorite!) (57 mins)
High Step Training - Cardio and Lower Body (26 mins)
Kick Max - Cardio Leg Sculpt (52 mins)
Low Impact Circuit - Lower Body Circuit (56 mins)
Low Impact Step - Lower Body Cardio Blast (49 mins)

On those days when I have the patience to switch between different DVDs during my workout :p, I will do the leg portion of a total body workout (like MM, ME, MIS) or a shorter leg premix (B&G, LL, GG, etc) and then combine that with a HiiT of my own creation or a shorter Cathe cardio premix.

What a great list I have to work through! Thank you all. I like to do a cardio leg blast-type thing once a week, so this will keep me going. Sounds like the votes are in for the Drill Max premix - I'll start with that today.

I'm hoping that On Demand will have pre-mixes soon, as I don't have all the dvds (most, ;) , but not all)

Which ones do you all think do not have a lot of jumping? I don't mind some jumping at all just would like a few options that are cardio based leg burner that is sorta low impact. Thanks!

AFTERBURN is all low impact. But, it kicks my butt every time I do it. After I've finished, the workout, I lie on the floor in a puddle of sweat until I can move again. I'm sure it has some type of lower body premix. I've never checked, but I will now!!:)

I agree!! Great list! I'll def have to check out the drill max/cardio leg blast! I don't know how or why that one escaped me!

Thanks so much everyone!

I did lower body blast 2 days ago and I'm still feeling it. Funny how the not so new gems can really get you sometimes! I love it!!!!

I did the drill max / cardio leg mix yesterday and absolutely loved it. Just the right level, fun, no dread, no repetitiveness. I think I'll be going back to this one as often as I revisit XTrain CLB.
I'd like to try the Butts and Guts killer premix, but I only have the download, so no premises :confused:

Justine, to do the B&G killer premix, just keep repeating the walking lunge into plie squat segments, firewalker segment, and the body-weight segment over and over again. I think there are a couple other exercises included, but those are the ones that come most readily to mind.

And thanks so much for starting this thread. I wanted more options than CLB and STS Plyo Legs for my Tuesday leg workouts. These suggestions give me lots more options.

Great thread. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm definitely going to try the drill max cardio leg blast and the kickbox/lower body mix from Legs and Glutes. I have done the butts and guts leg blast (standing) and it is tough! Tonight I just felt like doing Cross train express Leaner legs and abs. I finished about 3 hours ago and the DOMS are already setting in!

Beth

Swimmer - I'll try mixing the chapters for the Butts and Guts premix - thanks. I had to do a similar thing for drillmax - I used OnDemand and fast forwarded through the upper body bits (gave me a chance to pause ;) ).

Beth - I like that Cross Train Express one. It always 'gets' me more than I think it will.

I'm going to work my way through the list of premixes.......

And of course, there's more leg work coming with the new workouts this Autumn.:D

PS: managed to create the Butts and Guts premix on workout blender. Also created a HiiT 40/20 + Gym Style Legs hybrid - alternating HiiT and weights. Too scared to try it, though!

Last edited:
This is making me want to do drill max today. I was wondering about the pure strength legs. I've never had the dvd but now that I have on demand, I previewed it. I was wondering about the floor work with the body bar. I don't have a 15lb body bar and only have 5lb ankle weights. Should I use my bar bell? Is 15lbs too much? I would like to try this workout soon, so any thoughts or help would be great from anyone who has done this workout. Thanks

Kim

This is making me want to do drill max today. I was wondering about the pure strength legs. I've never had the dvd but now that I have on demand, I previewed it. I was wondering about the floor work with the body bar. I don't have a 15lb body bar and only have 5lb ankle weights. Should I use my bar bell? Is 15lbs too much? I would like to try this workout soon, so any thoughts or help would be great from anyone who has done this workout. Thanks

Kim

I like PS Legs. It reminds me of Legs & Glutes and also CTX Leaner Legs. Very endurance based.

For the floor work I use our barbell (weighs 13lbs without plates) with a 2lb weighted glove strapped to it -- gotta get creative sometimes! -- and it worked perfectly. You could use ankle weights or hold dumbbells against your legs or do a combination of both, but I was honestly surprised at how different (in a good way) the floor work felt when using a bar for resistance. If there's anyway you can get that body bar effect, it's definitely worth it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.