KPC

Thanks, I will try it with a barbell. I think I'll just attach my 5lb ankle weights to it since it already is 5-8lbs.

I love all of the suggestions! Once a week I try to do a cardio+leg workout and my CLB was getting worn out.

Today I did High Step Training and made my own premix like another poster said:
Warm up (5min)
All Cardio (12min)
Cardio & leg (26min)
All Cardio (12min)
Stretch (5 min)

Cathe uses a 10 lb dumbbell and 30 lb barbell. I upped it to 17 lb dumbbell and 35 lb barbell since I wasn't doing the upper body and wanted to put more intensity on the lower body. It was fun and I got a good workout. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try the rest as the weeks go on.

Funny you should have done High Step Training - I did that yesterday.....I did the cardio+legs premix, twice through. Was I glad when I finished those step-ups. ;)

It's so good to have all this variety. Thanks everyone

Justine, those step-ups wouldn't end, right?!? And I did the leg portion only one time through! Good workout.

This summer I've been going back to all my older Cathe workouts
And when I preordered get ripped I rebought body blast series on the deal of the day
(I only had it on VHS)
it came with a timesaver DVD that I never had
So I decided to check it out
This morning I did #5 legs
I loved it!

Christie

I love this thread. Thanks, again, Justine!

I have done the Drill Max Legs PM and the one of Bootcamp. Enjoyed them both!

Probably just my biology but a cardio-plyo-weight type leg workout, combine with barre, gives me the best results. I enjoy it much more than a pure heavy/strength leg workout, too.

Today I decided to do Slow and Heavy Legs (no shoulders) + Athletic training Leg cardio (total time just over an hour). OK, so not quite plyo / weights like CLB - HOWEVER, what a workout!!! I could hardly step up onto the step by the time I finished......

Today I decided to do Slow and Heavy Legs (no shoulders) + Athletic training Leg cardio (total time just over an hour). OK, so not quite plyo / weights like CLB - HOWEVER, what a workout!!! I could hardly step up onto the step by the time I finished......

Justine, a huge thank you to you for posting this! I've been doing Slow & Heavy this week, and the only segment I hadn't done yet was Legs. So today I did the exact same workout you suggested: S&H Legs + AT Leg Cardio Express premix. Holy smokes! It was a perfect length, and was perfectly challenging! I loved going super heavy for 30 minutes and then finishing things out with leg-focused cardio. My legs were on fire and my butt is still talking to me! I think I may have found my new favorite leg cardio workout. :D

Looks like a must do!! Thanks ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.