KPC

Ciara

Hi Cathe,

My name is Ciara and I am 24yrs old. I have just discovered your workouts within the last year. I would catch your programs on FitTV.
I decided to purchase some of your videos and DVDs.

I LOVE them. I like to challenge myself and doing your workouts that is exactly what I get. I start off slow and eventually build up. I have one question-

I just purchased the DVD with KPC and Legs & Glutes. Can I do KPC everyday? I love Kickboxing and this DVD is a real challenge. I usually workout 5-6 times per week. I do plan on adding in strength training and my pilates work but I wanted to know how you felt about doing this workout that often.

Not Cathe, but with all the different premixes on that DVD I think you could do it everyday and not do the same workout twice in a row.

If your body starts to get used to the workout then just stick some weight training and pilates in your rotation to break up all the kickboxing.:7

It is a great DVD and Legs and Glutes in a wonderful leg workout.:D

Enjoy your new workouts!!:)

Thank you Annette!!!

I do enjoy the DVDS and I look forward to buying more of Cathe's workouts!!!

Thanks Cathe!!!!!:7 :7

I personally wouldn't do KPC, or ANY workout, every day. You take the risk of overworking the same muscles and developing an overuse injury if you do. It's always a good idea to vary your types of workouts.

Also, you'd risk getting burnt out on this great workout too quickly.

By the way: I love kickboxing too! And it's sometimes hard for me to NOT want to do it every day, but I know it's better for me if I don't, so I alternate it with other types of cardio.

I still plan on doing my other workouts like Bootcamp,Cardio/Weights, MIS and other workouts that I have purchased.

There are just some weeks that I would like to do Kickboxing for the whole week. I might do KPC one day, then CTX another and etc. I just wanted to make sure that it was alright to do it all six days that I workout.

I reference KPC because this is the newest workout that I have and I just love is DVD.

I also wonder with Cathe's DVD can you get burned out? With this DVD there are so many different premixes I wonder would you really get bored with it fast.

Politely disagreeing with you, Kathryn, since many times I look for your input. Doing the same workout everyday & factoring in an off day or two , only makes you better. I have read that whatever goals you have then that should be the primary focus of your workut, but I can't give you any sources. Not only that, think of all the runners, joggers & walkers that do the same thing every day. They get good at it.

However, I do agree, you will get burnt out on it. It might take a week or longer , but it will come. Mix it up if you want or use it for a few days at a time to "get it out of your system." Hey! At least you're working out. I don't think you'll get hurt doing KPC unless your aerobic capacity is weak. And if your hip flexors are way too weak to keep up, they'll let you know.:)

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.