KPC -- interval training?

Funny you should post this. I was thinking that this morning after I did the cardio conditioning premix. I was definitely anaerobic at some points! The more intense/less intense cycles aren't as regular as those in the Imaxes, but I wonder if KPC could be considered a type of interval training nonetheless.

bump...forgive me if I am bumping too soon! I'd really like to know what Cathe, or others, think about this.

I try and up the intensity in a few parts of this video. For example on the first punching and kicking drill--I make the "duck" of the "pop pop and duck" a jump back up out of the duck.

Great question. For this workout, I can go anaerobic during one section 1) the several drills at the end with the jump kicks and jump kicks out of squats ... I am anerobic only if I jump high, kick high and hard, squat deep and put everything into it. I need to take a grapevine break between drills because my heart rate is in the anaerobic zone and I need to get it down before I move to the next drill. For me, I would consider this three intervals (that is why I ranked this as one of the most challenging cardio workouts up there with MIC in a previuos post) but I am interested in Cathe's opinion too. I sometimes do this workout by modifying and toning down a notch or two and keeping my heart rate down in the aerobic training zone. That lo-impact thing at it's high-intensity best can also get my heart up there too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.