KK's November Check In

Good Evening!:)

Had LIC scheduled, but not enough time for a full 71 minute workout, so I did HSC -- haven't done that one in a while -- but it was scattered -- I did some in the morning -- but there was a smell in the house -- so we got rid of the smell and then I redid some of the workout and finished it at noon. It's a great workout.

Tomorrow I have a similar workout scheduled to what you did today, Jeanette. BM2 cardio & warmup and then a nice stretch.

My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow.

Jeanette -- let us know about that lump under your arm -- okay? I'm sure it's fine -- it is, after all, under the arm -- but let us know.

Becky -- it is nice to hear from you, but understand that you are busy. Check in when you can. Nice to see you're enjoying the premixes.

Rhea -- goodness, really want you to get over this cold. Colostrum is an immune booster and is completely natural (it's mother's first milk -- from cows of course) -- just a suggestion. Let us know what the doc says -- and get better soon. I think Friday is a good day to shot for.

Jeanette -- Tricia is from the Blackfeet rez (I'm adopted Blackfeet) and is here doing a literacy/drug education program to take home to the rez. I'm working with her on some of the requirements she needs to finish for completion of the drug program. It takes up almost my entire weekend right now, but that's okay. It's all for something important to me and to her.

Am making this a little short, as I'm trying to force myself to get up early so I can get in about 3 hours of writing early in the morning -- before the news of the day hits me and I'm wanted elsewhere.

Have a simply wonderful day tomorrow, everyone -- get well soon to you, Rhea -- and have some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,

Today's workout called for Drill Max, but you know, I've had lots of cardio (did Cardio Coach #3 on the bike yesterday afternoon) so I elected the Drill Max Total Body Premix (52 minutes) and I found it very fun indeed. I even wrote "fun" on my premix breakdown sheet. I've got to admit, I'm really missing doing more weight work, though these circuits do have weights.

I'm really thinking about doing a P90X rotation soon. Winter time would really be a good time for me to do this. Rhea, have you done it? I think I saw how you've used P90 (not the X) on workouts before. What did you think? Did you get some good results?

Becky, know you are busy. Glad you can post when you do, but don't sweat that part.

Rhea, hope the sinus infection is clearing up. I was in Dr. Meadows office yesterday, though I hate to go in there as there are so many sick people to be around.

Karen, that's great that you are helping with the literacy/drug education program. Re: colustrum, do you take it when you are getting a cold, to get over one, or all the time? The lump under the arm turned out to be nothing, thank goodness. I did get my pap done so that's out of the way. Just have to schedule the mammogram.

Must go, have a Thanksgiving potluck at work today. I made an apple cake with cream cheese frosting. It's a goodie, let me tell you. I'm going to try to be good today with the eating.

Must run,

Jeanette

Good morning everyone!

Jeanette - so glad to hear that the lump is nothing! I've got to schedule my yearly smash exam too. Just don't want to. I've been going to enough doctors already.

Hmm, I did the P90, and when I was doing it I did get good muscle definition results. I just didn't like the cardio that he has....boring, boring, boring. But I made myself do it because of the work on the hip flexor (lots of knees up, so my hip flexors got a lot of work)

Karen - so are you going to start work on the non-contract book? How fun. Nothing like a great idea to start off a wonderful journey in a book.

Becky - hope you are hanging in there. I'm sure things will slow down once your move is over.

Oh, yep, sinus infection. Immediately started the antibiotics and have already had three doses. Can already feel the difference. So know its just a matter of time.

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you soon.

Good Afternoon!:)

Early checkin for me. It was the BodyMax2 cardio and a stretch for me today and I loved it.

Jeanette -- I'll be sure to remember that that workout on Drill Max is good -- am always looking for a fun circuit like that that's either 60 minutes or under.

Am so glad to hear that the lump was nothing -- one of reasons I was checking in a little early today.

Rhea -- am glad that those antibiotics are kicking in and doing their thing -- remember to balance it with yoghart or something to replace the good bacteria. Sorry if I sound like a mother...

Colostrum (or mother's first milk) -- well, right now I try to take it daily due to the air here in LA that is so filthy -- but my kids and tend to take it when they start to come down with a cold or something like that. I just do it to keep my immune system built up.

Becky -- hope you're enjoying the new workouts.

Well, have a great Wednesday. My mother-in-law flies in today. :7

Good morning,
Today was 45 minute run and stretch. I subbed with Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin, fun. First time trying it and it was fairly doable. I didn't get all the way thru it but it's a challenge choreo wise.

Have a haircut after work today and day off from work tomorrow. Butts and Guts on the schedule.

I bit the bullet and bought P90X last night. I will start a rotation probably in December. I'm getting pretty excited. I figure I can use the Bowflex lat tower for the pullup work too.

Rhea, glad the antibiotics are kicking in for you. You've GOT to be recovered for your trip to Mexico. Sending out good vibes your way for that to happen.

Karen, my grandkids have colds a LOT. I should check into the colustrum for them, but don't know if my daughter'd take the advice or not. Is it powdered and do you get it at the Health Food store?

Must go now,

Jeanette

Good morning ladies.

Last night I did Drill Max premix #1. It was short (39 minutes) but totally cardio packed and I really worked up a sweat. I also packed for about 3 solid hours...almost all done with that now...the move is Tuesday.

Don't know what I'll do for a workout today. Whatever tickles my fancy I guess.

Karen, hope you enjoy your time with your mother-in-law.
Jeanette, good luck on B&G. Hope the haircut goes well.
Rhea, hope you continue to feel better.

Must go to class. Have a great day everyone.

-Becky

Good morning all!

Slowly but surely, I think, getting better. I'm starting to itch for the workouts, but not quite there yet. The kink in the neck is still there, hopefully my massage will get it out this Friday. Then it is Mexico. I actually packed a couple of the Turbo Jams and some workout gear. I'm hoping that I can squeeze a couple of workouts in so it won't be so long between workouts.

Good luck on the move Becky.
Karen - I'm already on the yogurt stuff (well actually waiting until the body adjusts to the medicine first...err.) And you can "mother" me anytime!;)
Jeanette - I'll be thinking of you in the 86 degree weather! That really is the only thing I'm looking forward too. I"m not that enthusiastic about the trip for some reason. Probably because I've been sick for the past week and just want to rest. k Which I should get plenty of in the next week. I'll be rested for the holiday season, which is extremely unusual!

Have great days, gotta run and help bossy with some court stuff.

It was 49 1/2 minute Butts & Glutes for me today -- was going to try to do the whole workout, but I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, so I opted for the shorter workout. What I did was intense.

My ball is deflating -- so I went and bought another ball -- but it's smaller than my original -- think I might get the bigger size -- what size ball do you use? For my height, it says the 55 (is it inch or cm?) but the ball I've been using is 65 -- which I'm sort of used to. From the videos, also, I notice that Cathe looks to use a 65 -- even though she's shorter than I am.

Anyway, Rhea, hope your trip to Mexico is great. Once you're there I'm sure that you'll just have a relaxing, fun time.

Jeanette -- Day off tomorrow -- that's wonderful -- the colostrum is in powder form -- the stuff that I use I get at the Health Food Store -- you can also get some colostrum from Whole Foods -- by Organic Pastures that's pretty much right from the cow. But for me the powdered form is better -- I think it's freeze dried.

Becky -- I'm liking that Drill Max more and more. Hope your studying goes great.

It's cardio and upper body for me tomorrow -- probably a premix from LIC.

Am enjoying my mother-in-law being in town. Busy as usual. And the start of the holiday season... Whew!

Have a great day tomorrow!:7

Good morning,
It was the Butts part of B&G for me today as I have some things to do this morning. Carpet cleaning guy coming in a couple of hours, some errands.

Rhea, enjoy the massage and hope she gets the kink out of your neck

Becky, sounds like the move is progressing nicely. You've done so much prep for it that it'll probably be a smooth deal.

Karen, hope you enjoy your time with your MIL. My MIL called last night and she was actually kind of normal and was decent to my DH. Sorry, but we're pretty happy she lives in Arizona. Long story and I won't bore you at all.

Must run,

Jeanette

Hi all!

I'm off to Mexico! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.......

"see" you when I get back.

Jeanette -- your post about you MIL made me laugh -- I think I'm lucky to have the MIL that I have. I really do love her. And she has helped us out in so many ways. Sometimes, she might drive me a little crazy, but I love her just the same.

Rhea -- have a fabulous time in Mexico -- can't wait to here all about it.

Becky -- am sure you're ready for the weekend and those 1 1/2 hour drives.x( Stay alert on the road, okay?

It was LIC premix for me today -- supposed to be 55 1/2 minutes -- but it turned out to be about 65 minutes -- but that's okay. It was a terrific workout -- the workout did freeze and it took me a while to get it going again -- so I'll really be glad to get those freeze-proof new DVD's.

Have a super weekend, everyone! And terrific workouts.:7

Hi,
Yesterday, I finished the abs from B&G in the afternoon. Today was Cardio Fusion, my first time. I was really sweating on this one, enjoyed every bit of it. Great compilation!

Need to get some things done around the house that I didn't do yesterday. DH is working but may be off early. If he does get off early, we'd like to take the dogs out and let them run. They need to "air out".

Karen, glad you liked the LIC premix. I noticed the difference in time on that one too. Think that is something Cathe's company is working on fixing. I too had a freeze on Cardio Fusion. All of mine freeze. One of them even freezes to the point I can't even get the DVD to eject. Have to turn it off and then on again and start over. Know they will replace all of these.

Must get going, good workouts everyone. I'm noticing my endurance getting better with all the cardio on this November rotation. December I'll be starting P90X.

Jeanette

Hi all.

I am trying to remember what workouts I have done since I last posted.
Thursday ended up being a rest day. I got my flu shot and my arm was REALLY sore. I still had to pack my car for Friday's drive to Pensacola and after that, I felt that I should take a break.
Friday I did Cardio Fusion premix 1.
Yesterday I ran for half an hour. I will do some running today too before I head back to Tallahassee.

Tomorrow I think I may do some sort of weight work (since I haven't done much lately). I might make it a circuit instead (LIC?)

Tuesday is going to end up being a rest day probably since that is moving day!

I am not sure how much I'll get to do on Wednesday either. If I wake up early enough, I might be able to go get on the apartment complex treadmill before the movers arrive with our stuff.

I am just assuming I will be running most of next week instead of Cathe workouts...just in case there are still boxes all over our floors!

Must get some studying done. Hope everyone had great weekends!

-Becky

Another busy weekend for me, especially with my mother-in-law here, as well. But whew! Got through it and onto other things. :)

Jeanette -- On that premix on LIC, I had the same trouble that you speak of -- I couldn't even get the DVD to eject and ended up having to turn the entire unit off then on again, just to get back to where I left off. It'll be good to get the new DVD's, that's for sure.

Hope you got all the work done this weekend that needed to be done.

Becky -- you sound so-o-o-o. Running sounds like a good option, and maybe on one of those days you could insert running with a little bit of weights -- just a suggestion.

Okay, so I need to figure out what I'm doing this coming week -- won't be able to do long workouts with my mother-in-law here -- so let's see...

Oh, did I mention that I'm still sore from B&G?

Mon: Drill Max premix with anaerobics, cardio and plyometrics.

Tues: A circuit workout -- not sure which one yet -- I'll have to see what's an hour of less -- but I'm not sure I'll trust the times on the premixes on LIC.

Wed: Body Max cardio only and a stretch

Thurs: Thanksgiving -- think I'll do IMAX2 to give myself room to eat a little more than usual

Fri: Cardio & Upper Body -- not sure exactly what I'll do just yet

Sat: Butts & Glutes -- a premix

Sun: Off

Well, that's the plan so far. Very similar in a way to last week's rotation.

Am going to try to get some writing done in the morning if possible. It was my birthday today -- don't even want to think about how old I'm starting to get. My brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow.

Have a super day, everyone and some fun and exciting workouts!

Sat: :7

Oh Karen!

Happy, happy, birthday to you!!!! Hope it was a very special one for you. My birthday is on Wednesday.

I hear you on the B&G workout. I was very sore after doing it the first time, not so much the second. I used heavier ankle weights on Friday and just have slight soreness. This is a GREAT lower body workout. I do enjoy it.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Jeanette:7 :7 :7 :7

Good morning,
Today was Drill Max, but instead of the whole thing, I did the Drill Max Upper Body premix (60 minutes). Good workout, though I just got done with the drills on Saturday (they are in Cardio Fusion). I needed some weight work though. Yesterday's bike ride with 7 of us riding was very nice. Did 24 miles, sometimes pushing. I felt good and received a couple nice comments on my strength, which is always nice. Guess something is working right. Afterwards, DH and I took our dogs out in the woods for a nice relaxing afternoon and chance for the dogs to stretch their legs. They were soooo tired last night.

Back on 8 hour days M-T-W this week as it is a holiday week. Tomorrow will be an easy cardio in the morning, probably learn a Christi as I have Cardio Coach in the evening on the bike.

Becky, you are really busy, but without your workouts, bet you would be really dragging. You are in great shape!

Karen, hope your birthday was nice. I see you have Drill Max on your schedule today too. Enjoy. I love the football drills. For the one drill with the stability ball where you do the pendulums, I sub with the 3# ball that Rhea gave me. It just irritates me to hold the stability ball, so I don't do it and sub the 3#er instead.

Jeanette

Oh, my gosh, Jeanette -- your birthday is on Wednesday! Wow! The 22nd? HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

It was my brother-in-law's birthday today and so it was somewhat busy as I made him an all raw ice cream cake -- it was a bit of an experiment... But it turned out okay, I think. Plus, I needed to do a little grocery shopping and shopping for him, as well. With my mother in law here, I had help, which was really great.

Yes, it was Drill Max for me today -- although I did something from Cardio Fusion -- but it was simply the 6 drills -- with a warm up and cool down from BodyMax. I love those football runs as well -- I added on the last two drills again, to make it 8 drills that I did -- making the workout more of an hour. Good workout.

I know what you mean about weight work -- I yearn for it after a while if I skimp on it too much. I think I'll do that premix for upper body and cardio this week -- I was noticing that premix and it looked good.

Becky -- hope you get a chance now and then to let us know how you're doing, but I know that this is an extremely busy time -- what with moving and school.

Tomorrow is a circuit workout for me -- but I just did LIC a few days ago and the other circuit workout (BodyMax) is too long -- so I think I'll either do a premix from SJP or maybe Cardio & Weights. It's funny that whenever I have a doubt about one of the workouts, how I still reach for the Intensity series. I'm starting to call this series the Circuit series, as most of the workouts (3 of the 5) are Circuits.

Don't have much planned for tomorrow except catching up with things I don't get done on the weekend and trying to catch up on my work.

Have a simply wonderful day and fabulous workouts! :7

Good morning,
Today's workout called for KPC but I opted for learning a new Christi and did the abs from BM2 and LIC. May do a Cardio Coach after work today on my bike.

Boy, I'm down (emotionally) today as I stepped on the scale and seemed to have gained 4 pounds in one day! Yesterday, I was pleased with my weight (finally after TTOM), ate some of my DH's corned beef and cabbage (not a whole lot of it, mostly the vegetables) and wow, the water retention is amazing on me. And I know it is water, not fat. I really drank a bunch of water yesterday. Didn't go to the bathroom very much so I know I was storing it. Will continue to drink a bunch of water again today. Does anyone else have this problem. I really try to watch the sodium and when I eat something salty, BAM! Very disconcerting.

Karen, thanks for the birthday wishes. I was telling my co-worker yesterday about you and how you did the exhibition dancing. She had just gone to a pow-wow here in town and really enjoyed the dancers and the costumes (also the Indian tacos).

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Jeanette

Gosh, Jeanette, that's a bummer -- I, too, have a similar problem with water retention. My weight can skyrocket up overnight -- and then it comes off so darn slow. One thing that I've found lately that helps is to put fresh or dried parsley on some of my food -- just sprinkle it on. It has seemed to help me with this water weight problem. You might also watch out for hidden sources of salt in your food -- table salt is really pretty toxic -- I think this might be due to how processed it is with so many different chemicals. Celtic Sea Salt that you can get at Health Food stores, however, is not processed at all and is a type of salt that is a food for the body.

But so many foods contain hidden salts -- like MSG for instance. And they keep changing the names -- calling salt or MSG other things -- like hydrolized protein -- that's usually another name for MSG -- meaning high salt.

Anyway, this is my understanding of this.

Do what you have done in the past that has helped get your weight done -- drink lots of water, and it should go. You might try the parsley.

Anyway, I did Cardio & Weights today -- really enjoy that workout. And tomorrow is a short cardio and stretch -- always a workout day that I look forward to.

Don't have a great deal of time of late, with my MIL here -- but that's okay. Hope to make up for it later.

Have a terrific day and wonderful workouts everyone!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.