KK's February 2007 -- Check In

Good Evening!:)

As always, I look to Sunday to figure out what I'm going to do the following week. Am trying to follow somewhat Cathe's rotation this month. Here's her rotation:

Mon...Power Hour -- this is fine

Tues...45 minute interval run or cycle ride -- I probably won't do a run outside but will stay inside and do an interval DVD

Wed....Muscle Endurance -- this is fine

Thurs....Imax 3 -- this is fine

Fri....Cathe's rotation said Boot Camp, but I'm going to substitute a cardio of choice and a stretch

Sat...Bootcamp -- I'll put Bootcamp here

Sun...day off -- Cathe had Legs & Glutes, but this is my day off.

For whatever reason, I'm putting on weight this month -- I don't blame the rotation, nor my eating habits, which haven't changed -- in fact, I've cut way back on what I'm eating-- but the weight is going on and not coming off like usual.

Jeanette -- because I think it might be water weight -- my BIL did a search on water retention -- and I thought I'd share some of his discoveries with you. Apparently, fiber is supposed to help take off water weight -- psyllium and apple fiber are good sources. He also mentioned that when one eats salad before a protein, the protein can go partially undigested, leaving some toxic material there -- and the body's remedy is to put on water weight to try to water-down the toxins.

Anyway, I'm trying to up my fiber intake right now and we'll see if that will take off some of this water weight that is stubbornly refusing to come off.x(

Becky & Rhea -- hope you both had a wonderful weekend.

Have a super day, everyone and terrific workouts.

Good Morning!:)

It was a good workout this morning -- Power Hour -- haven't done that one in a while -- so it was good to revisit it.

Hope everyone is doing well -- I think today is a holiday -- President's Day -- but it's a day of work for me -- and I have a big target ahead of me -- am trying for 15 pages today -- to make up for a few days of no production last week.

Have a fabulous day, everyone!:7

Good morning,
It was Chest, Shoulders, Triceps from P90X for me today. Am still feeling toasty this morning. Will do abs tonite. Am getting ready to paint the family room, have already moved the furniture, removed switch plates, etc. Have some masking to do. This afternoon will try to get out with the DH and the dogs.

Had a nice weekend, rode my bike a couple of times, watched a bike race on TV and also the Daytona 500.

Karen, I know what you mean about the heat on the feet while the A/C is on! Sorry about the water weight, I sympathize with you as I go thru it too. Here lately it hasn't been too bad. I found that with too much cardio, my body was puffy all the time. Don't know if that's the case with you or not, each person is different. My next rotation will probably have only a couple days of cardio (that plus my bike rides). That is seeming to work well to keep the leanness. Hoping you get lots of good writing in today. It's a beautiful day here, but will be inside for most of it painting. Will be glad when it's done. I did give DH the task of removing old caulking in the kitchen and replacing with new. Will probably do the kitchen next weekend.

Hi to Becky and Rhea.

Jeanette

Wow! I'm checking in twice. Goodness! But I'd asked Cathe a question about the LIC music this morning and wanted to check if she'd had a chance to answer -- which she did. Love the stretch music from LIC -- I'd like to have it.

Jeanette -- that's interesting what you said about cardio and water weight -- I have been doing more cardio than usual -- cause my weight workouts have been circuits. But this week, it's Power Hour and Muscle Endurance, which are not cardio workouts. I'm having quite a time with it -- trying to take this weight off -- have cut way back in my eating, but still it remains...:-( But I'll keep at it, it's bound to give sooner or later.

Am in awe of you and your projects around the house. I so need to do what you're doing. Our entire house needs a good paint job inside and out.

Didn't make the 15, but did 11 pages today. Am shooting for 15 again tomorrow, however. Am really trying to get this book done before target so that the endings aren't so hurried.

Hi again to Becky and Rhea!

Have a super day and super workouts!:7

I didn't fall off the face of the earth! I just keep forgetting to post.

Friday I did LIC
Saturday was a rest day
Sunday I did a 60 min run/jog
Monday I did PH.
Today I am going to do IMAX3

DH and I did a late Valentines day on Friday. Went to Melting Pot. It was soooo delicious. I totally recommend it.

Must get back to class.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Becky

Good morning,
Today was PlyoX. This was the last time in this rotation for this workout. It is a goodie for sure and never gets easier.

Got a lot of painting done yesterday, but didn't make it out to the desert with DH and the dogs. Decided to keep on task instead as I wanted to finish all of the ceiling painting. Today after work I will start the pale sage green wall color. Won't finish, but will probably get the living room finished.

Karen, don't be so impressed with me and my house stuff, I usually only get about one project done a year. In the spring, however, we are buying a new wood stove and ripping out our old hearth and wall (rock) and installing tile instead. Will be interesting to see if less cardio works for you as it does for me. Hope you get lots of writing in today.

Hi to Rhea and Becky,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Didn't get a chance to post while at home...mainly because I screwed up the computer and now it won't start up except in safe mode. Err.

Let's see....looks like you've all been quite busy. I was good and worked out all days off except one and that was the day after doing BM2, I don't think I could have worked out if I wanted too, BM2 pooped me out.

So, it was BM2 on Thurs, off Fri, Sat...Step Works; Sunday...LIC, yesterday was Kickin' Core; today I did Leaner Legs this am (ooh shocker, I actually dragged my booty out of bed, yippee!) This evening will be a short cardio, hopefully.

Talk to y'all later!

Good Morning!:)

Thought I'd check in earlier today as well.

It was Drill Max premix for me today -- the blast 46 minute premix. Had me really sweating. Great workout, actually.

It's great to see you all here again -- was hoping to see how your weekends were.

Jeanette -- Well, still I'm impressed with all you get done around the house. Even if it's only one project a year, that's more than I do -- I should try to start that during a time when I'm not under deadline. Great on the Plyo-X workout. Sounds intense.

Becky -- Don't you just love PH? I did it yesterday, too. Valentine's sounds like a great time, as well. :)

Rhea -- good to hear from you. And I'm impressed with your workouts, as well. BM2 -- well, I haven't even done the full thing yet -- and LIC isn't a walk in the park, either -- although I really love it. Isn't the music in the stretch section just super? Glad to see that the workouts are working out with you.

Well, it's a 15 page target for me again today, plus shopping later today for my son-in-law's birthday. Should be a hopping day. :)

Have a dazzling day and some super great workouts!:7

Good morning!

Today was the last time to do P90X Back & Biceps. Really tough, but I improved my weights and reps so went out with a bang. Man, are my arms pumped right now. Thank goodness it goes down within an hour or so. Tonite after work is a Garage Boys spin session and then home for AbX and help DH with his workout. Think I'll work him on back, biceps and abs also.

Finished painting the family room walls last night, just need to strip off the masking tape. Kitchen painting will come this weekend I'm thinking.

Karen, Drill Max sounds great, I've never done any of the new workouts in full, except for maybe Butts and Guts and Cardio Fusion. Can't wait to work them in here and there.

Rhea, glad you are getting with it on your workouts. You got out of bed to do Leaner Legs? That's a toughie so good for you!

Hi Becky,

Got to run, first day at new job (same prison, just new department).

Jeanette

Good morning!

Day two of rolling out of bed early to do that workout. Little tougher this morning as it was cardio. Really hard to keep it quiet in the morning, besides getting the body parts moving. Goal is at least 21 days in a row so that I get the "habit." I sure did enjoy not having to worry about working out last night when I ended up having to go out to dinner because the chimney guys were working on the house.

This morning I did 10/10/10 in its entirety. Karen, you would really like the Cross Train Express....all workouts are under an hour. In 10/10/10, you do 10 minutes of kickbox, 10 minutes of hi/lo, 10 minutes of step, a tricep workout and then a stretch. I think my finishing time was 47 minutes and that included a quick trip to the kitchen to start breakfast and let the cats out.

I think I'll do All Step or something tomorrow. I don't think I've ever done that one.

Well, have a great day everyone. Hope your first day at the new job goes well Jeanette!

Hi Becky! Hope you are not too buried under those books.

Good Afternoon!:)

Have managed to get in 10 pages today -- I'm just writing to write -- some of the scenes don't go with each other yet.:+ But hopefully, once I have more time, I'll fix that. I'm still running hard with work, as I have this book to write and promotion at the same time. Not easy to do both at the same time.

Today was a steady state cardio -- BM2 beginning -- and a stretch -- the stretch with a band. Was very good.

I'm still really fighting this weight. I'm not sure what's wrong, as I'm hardly eating anything at all. It has occurred to me that perhaps I went too hard too soon after the the spider bite and now the body is making up for it. Don't know. But I'll keep trudging ahead and hope that the weight comes off soon.

Jeanette -- hope you'll share with us your first day at work and I'm hoping it was a good one. Those Ply0X workouts sound so very, very good, and so very intense. Have fun tonight with your friends and with your hubby.

Rhea -- go Rhea! Getting up to exercise. Good idea to do it 21 days in a row to get the pattern established. You are so right -- I really need to get the CTX series. You know that All Step was the first Cathe exercise I did, and it led me to Cathe -- and here I am, loving it. And still I don't have the series...:eek:

Becky -- I, too, hope you're not buried beneath all those books.

Here's a wish for you all to have a wonderful day -- and super workouts.:7

Good evening ladies.

Today I did BootCamp.

I do think I am buried in books. It is only going to get worse until June 7th (boards).

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...it is just very, very faint right now.

I hope everyone had a great day. Now I must get back to studying.

-Becky

Good morning,

Today was Yoga, Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness - Daily Dose of Bliss for 40 minutes. Felt good on the hamstrings stretching them out. Had a good spin bike session last night, came home and did a little housework, Ab Ripper X and moved furniture back in place in the family room. Still have kitchen to paint, which will probably happen this weekend. Goodness, the wind is really blowing outside and it's raining too. First day on new job went well, am going to like the new place and duties I think. Will be a good stretch for me, something I've needed.

Rhea, I agree that the CTX series is really, really good. I think they'd be a perfect fit for Karen. Thanks for thinking of me on my first day, it went well.

Karen, wish I knew the answer for the weight gain. Have you tried less cardio and more heavy weights? That would be my suggestion. So many people get great results with P90X and with lowering their cardio to like 2 days a week. On the Classic rotation, you have 1 60 minute workout of PlyoX, which I think you'd really like (and that includes lots of warmup and cooldown) and then another workout (60 minutes)of kickboxing, but controlled, not frantic. I throw in a bike ride here and there, but it's helped me look more lean, not that I've lost any weight, but I look like I have. So hard to stop the cardio though as we seem to like the endorphins. You are probably in great shape and not burning as many calories as before either.

Becky, glad to see the light is getting a little brighter at the end of the tunnel!

Jeanette

Hmm, didn't I post this morning? Oops.

Well, I did Step and Intervals this morning. Was a bit tired, so there was not a tremendous amount of effort. Tomorrow I have yoga in mind. I've worked out six days in a row, so time to take a rest.

Back to work...rats.

Hi ladies.

Today I did KM 50 min kickblast premix.

Busy day of studying, and now it is time for bed! Where do the hours go? I could use an extra 8 in my day right now!!!

-Becky

Can't believe I'm posting so late -- have been doing promo stuff tonight -- with help from my hubby -- but like you said, Becky, where does the time go?

It was Muscle Endurance for me today -- one of my favorite workouts -- the full thing -- really enjoy that workout for whatever reason.

Told my DH this morning that I'm thinking of stopping eating just to try to lose some weight. You know, Jeanette, it might be too much cardio. I am going to cut back -- but when I really looked at it, I wasn't doing but one extra day of cardio than I was before. Still, I'm going to cut back to what I'm used to and go from there. Thanks for the idea on the heavier weight. Do you have the link once again for the PlyoX -- do I have that right?

Becky am really glad to see you checking in, even if it's only for a moment. :)

Rhea -- great on getting in the workout even when you didn't want to -- I know it must have taken a bit to do that.

Jeanette -- your workouts are so impressive. And all that painting, as well. Wow! And I'm glad the first day at work went well -- always good to kick it off well.

Well, I'd best get my little butt to bed -- I really need to get up early and get going. Have an awesome day and some wonderful workouts!:7

Hi all,
It was Legs and Back for me today. Last time for this workout also. Will do an ab workout tonite of some type and help DH with his workout. Slept like a log last night, even after a late afternoon nap. My body is really looking forward to Recovery Week next week.

Rhea, I like Step & Intervals a lot. Sorry your oomph wasn't in it as much as it could be. Snow outside today. May be a dreary weekend, but I'm painting still in the house and have some housework that needs tending so guess it'll be okay. Also need to get some new workout shoes.

Becky, bet you are meeting your DH this weekend, have a fabulous time! No UTI's okay?

Karen, hopefully you don't really mean that about stopping eating. That would not be good LOL! PlyoX is listed on the Beachbody site. It's from the P90X series. Think you can buy it individually. I know exactly the feeling of working out hard and not seeing results. Our bodies just get too used to the same type of workouts I guess. Whenever I've gone on vacation and not doing workouts, I always feel leaner and stay the same or lose some weight. That's why I'm going to always factor in a recovery week every 4th week from now on. Recovery will just be a much lighter week, with no strength workouts, just some light cardio, yoga, pilates and stretching. You come back raring to go the next week. I love the concept.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Good morning ladies. Today I did Legs and Glutes. I haven't done that one in a while. Whoa! Those ankle weights really kick up the intensity! My gluteus medius muscles are screaming at me still.

I probably shouldn't be posting right now...I am in class. BUT...we are going over diabetes mellitus type 2 AGAIN. We have went over it like 50 gazillion times this week and I am sick of it! Obviously it is a huge problem in the US. So sad.

Yes, I am going to see DH today. Really looking forward to it. I have been studying like crazy this week so that I can have some time with him this weekend (although I'll still have to study since I have a block exam next Friday...but then spring break for a week!!!)

Well, I should probably pay attention now. It looks like all of you are doing great (I skimmed over the previous posts). Sorry I haven't been responding to anything really lately. Life is going to be crazy until June 7th (boards). Then I'll probably post like crazy (and workout like crazy!)

-Becky

Good morning!

Becky - you must have wireless internet to be posting during class. Wish I had that back in law school, could have kept me awake during classes like civil procedure and constitutional law....zzzzz Have fun with DH this weekend.

I got up and did 2/3 of the yoga for athletes, didn't want to do the whole thing or I would be too sore tomorrow. Have to ease back into the yoga. I really like this DVD because it emphasizes the opening of the hips and the back, both very tight spots on me.

Well, I had better at least pretend to work. Have a great weekend everyone!

Wow! Was in the middle of posting and the computer suddenly shut itself down and turned itself back on. Hmmm...

It was 12 pages for me today -- pretty good production for me -- so I'm happy about that. Tonight I work on promotional actions.

Jeanette -- as soon as I have a moment, I'm going to that site and check into these -- I notice there's some other people doing them, as well. Yes, this weight thing has me down. No matter what I do the weight stays on. But I'll just keep truckin'. Sooner or later it will have no choice but to come off -- or so one hopes.

Still in awe over your painting. This is so much something that I need to do in our house. So very, very needed. Hopefully this summer we'll get some down.

Like the concept of a week of recovery. I haven't heard of that before -- is that from this series as well?

Becky -- wow, I wish we'd had some of this technology when I was in College, as well. It would have made some of those dull classes a whole lot more interesting... Yes, it is a shame about diabetes -- a disease that was practically unknown at the start of the last century. Have fun with your DH this weekend.

Rhea -- the yoga sounds good, as well. Sounds like it really works you out. I'm not all that flexible and sometimes I pull things out of place with yoga -- so I tend to stick with simple stretches. I have noticed, however, that my flexibility is getting a little better -- which at my age, is probably good improvement.

Well, I know it's late and you may not get this until Monday, but I hope you all have a terrific weekend.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.