KK's February 2007 -- Check In

Good morning all!

Today was Legs & Back, good workout for me and I increased my reps for my lat pulldowns. Love the Bowflex for these. Will work abs tonite, also help DH with his ab work. He's noticably smaller in his torso area and I told him so this morning. Think it encouraged him.

Karen, have you called anyone up about the trails from the planes? Surely they are not spraying anything into the atmosphere? Stranger things have happened for sure. Who could you call? Shiva Rea Yoga Shakti is the name of the DVD. Her voice is so calming, it's a beautifully produced DVD. I just love it. It also has some premixes for nighttime yoga, yoga that will help relax you. The mix and match thing is super easy to use and you can make it however long you want. A good day of writing for you yesterday. Hope you do well again today.

Rhea, glad the finger is better. Rain, rain here now. DH was going to do a trip down to Paynes Creek this weekend (camping) but it was cancelled of course. May go next weekend.

Jeanette

Good morning.

Ended up taking yesterday off. I was totally exhausted. Ate dinner with hubby at the Black Bear, didn't go to sorority, went home and went to bed to read and sleep. Was wonderful...probably due to the cloudy rainy day. I wanted to go home all day and be a vegetable. But today is a different story, I'm thinking of doing Drill Max. I have a massage this afternoon, so that would be pretty good. Drill max then massage. Maybe I won't have much muscle soreness tomorrow.

We have a three day weekend, whoo hooo! I can't wait, especially if it is rainy all weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon!:)

I don't know who to call about these trails -- they're at it again today -- they're always high in the sky and make these trails which fan out as the day goes on. Makes my skin itch, as well.

Anyhoo...it was IMAX1 for me today. Haven't done that one in a while -- I've been tired and so I had to force myself to do this one, but I did, and felt better, as well.

It was a run around day for me because I'm doing some other work on the weekends again -- so I had regular type things to do -- grocery shopping and checking my PO Box and stuff like that. So I'm only now sitting down to write. Plan on writing tonight.

Tomorrow is a Romance Writer's meeting and then some other work.

Jeanette -- sounds like a super workout, that Shive Rea. Have you tried it before bed? Just wondering how it would do. I sometimes have trouble falling asleep.

Hope your weekend is great. Would love to have some rain here -- it's hazy and whatever was left by these planes over the week, has settled to the ground now, and so there's a white haze over everything -- can't even see the mountains from here -- and I can actually walk to them, they are so close. (It's not a moisture haze -- it is dry as heck.) Odd.

Have fun with your Bowflex and abs tonight.

Rhea -- Drill Max is one of my favorites -- I almost did one of the premixes today (drills only) but opted for IMAX1 instead since I haven't done it in a while. Am glad that you're getting the rest that you need. You know, when you were talking about resting and reading, it made me yearn for the same thing. Maybe I'll go downstairs and write on my laptop...the thought of it is appealing.

Well, have a super weekend. Is it a special weekend, that you have 3 days off? I'll be working all weekend long --but on other things.

Here's to some super workouts!:7

Quick post.

Busy day -- lots of meetings and such. Did the 32 minute premix in HSC -- but added on the warm up and stretch, so it worked out to about 45 minutes. Then rushed away for meetings.

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend.:7

Hi ladies

So sorry I have been gone lately.

My DH got a migraine on Tuesday that got really bad at about 3:30 am on Thursday. I ended up missing class and driving to Pensacola to take him to the ER. We spent the entire day there (until 9pm). Luckily, it wasn't anything worse than a migraine (his set of symptoms hinted at meningitis but the labs ruled that out). They gave him some good meds and he's doing much better now. Needless to say, I ended up not working out Thursday, or even Friday for that matter (he was still really loopy on meds and I was exhausted from lack of sleep and taking care of him). Yesterday and today I spent 45-50 minutes on the treadmill. Crazy week!

I did enjoy getting to spend more time at my house though. Just wish he wasn't in pain.

Must get going. Have to spend time with a healthy DH before I leave in the morning for classes.

-Becky

Good Evening!:)

Wow! Becky, what a story. I can understand your concern. So glad that it's not meningitis -- and only a migrane -- I say only, but boy, those migranes can knock you down. Really glad that it's all better, and that you're getting to spend more time with a healthy DH. Good on getting in some time recently, though.

Well, on Sunday eve, I try to think of the coming week and what I plan to do -- not only in terms of working out, but working, as well. So here's Cathe's rotation -- which I'm planning to do, with some modifications.

Mon....45 min steady state run -- I'll probably do IMAX3

Tues....Body Max 1 -- con't have 90 minutes for this -- so I guess I'll substitute Circuit Max or HSC -- the 51 minute premix

Wed....Cardio Kicks -- don't have this so I'll substitute KPC -- a premix, as I don't have 70 minutes

Thurs....Butts and Gutes -- again, I don't have the 70 minutes to spend to do this, so I'll substitute Legs & Glutes (standing legs only -- plus a stretch)

Fri....Cardio Fusion in entirety (if possible) -- will substitute a premix from this or Drill Max

Sat...Low Impact Circuit -- again I don't have 70 minutes to spend on this, so I'll substitute a premix from either LIC or SPJ or one of my other circuit workouts

Sun..OFF

It's still 10 pages a day -- plus, I need to ensure that my promotional actions get done as well -- I have some help on this, fortunately.

Well, that's it -- it's been a very busy, non-stop weekend. Hope you are all ready to dig in and have a wonderful day and some really terrific workouts.:7

Good morning ladies,

Today is a holiday from work, I think it is Lincoln's birthday. Today was the last time for P90X Chest and Back and I think I will miss it. I've greatly increased my strength in pushups and pullups (lat pulldowns) with this workout. It's a goodie and I never get tired of Tony. My arms are all pumped right now and I'm enjoying my oatmeal. I will try to get a bike ride in today as yesterday it rained and I was finishing my painting in the living room. I also have AbX to do tonite and work out DH on weights/bowflex.

Yep, I shopped for paint on Saturday, painted the living room ceiling, and yesterday finished the walls. I'm really pleased with it. DH also said that we can get some new furniture for the room too. I was thinking of doing the ceiling of the family room today so that I can get a bike ride in, but maybe I'll do the entire hall (much smaller area, no furniture to move) and still get the bike ride in this afternoon. I still will have the kitchen and the family room to do after the hallway. I'm a big believer in breaking things into little pieces, I don't get so overwhelmed that way.

Rhea, hope you are feeling better. How was your massage? I had my last one on Saturday afternoon. Felt wonderful. I've decided, though, to forego my massages for a while and instead will get my hair professionally touched up and highlighted with the money I save. We'll see how that works.

Karen, I haven't tried the Shiva Rea before bed yet. I can see where the lunar one would be very, very relaxing. I remember falling asleep once while in shivasana. The DVD has the waves lapping at the shore in the background. Have you ever tried yoga before? Don't think I've ever heard you speak of it. That is too wierd about the haze on the ground from the planes. Could you contact your city council or the airport to ask about the residue left. How about the Air Quality Control Board for your area?

Karen, do you know of any simple to understand books on healthy eating and chemicals in foods and how they affect us? I'm getting interested in this, but I know I have to make changes gradually. This last week, I threw away my beloved fat free french vanilla creamer and subbed it with 1/2 & 1/2 and stevia instead. Karen, enjoy Imax3 today.

Becky, so sorry about your DH's migraine. No fun I'm sure. I've never had one but know of plenty of people that do.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Jeanette -- you put me to shame. Painting the ceiling and walls. I'm impressed. It so needs to be done on our house. Your energy for these projects always leaves me breathless. I really need to take a page from your book.

Before I forget it, the best -- easy to understand book on healthy eating (complete with recipes) and the chemicals in one's food is NOURISHING TRADITIONS by Sally Fallon. This book truly changed the way I think about food and my cooking, as well. It's not very expensive and it's a real treasure. I read it cover to cover. There are recipes in the center of the book, and on each page is so much information. Highly recommend it and you can get it from Barnes & Noble or Borders or Amazon.

Wow, that's so cool that you're looking to get your hair done instead of massage. Not that I would rule out massage, necessarily, but if given a choice -- I'd probably go for the hair or clothes or shoes or something. I so love clothes and love clothes shopping, too.:)

Yes, these trails in the sky are absolutely weird -- and whatever it is that they are spraying, I'm additionally allergic to it.:-( Luckily today it was cloudy and overcast and I didn't see a plane in the sky. Deep breath...

Okay, so today was IMAX 3 -- wasn't going to do the full thing -- as I was up early and tired -- but interval 10 is my favorite and we got closer and closer to it, I decided to do the entire thing.:) But I only do IMAX3 on a 4" step because there is so much jumping up and down on that step.

Becky -- hope you are getting back into the swing of things after your long weekend -- and the scare with your DH.

Rhea -- how was your weekend? How are you doing overall?

Well, I did get in my 10 pages today. Found out that all the changes to the final manuscript on RED HAWK'S WOMAN -- wouldn't be in there because there were just too many this time. That's a disappointment -- but it's taught me a valuable lesson. Never accept 5 days to do a job that normally takes minimum 2 weeks. Period. Firm policy from here on out.

Well, long post -- sorry. Have a wonderful day, everyone and some terrific workouts.:7

Morning,

Today's workout was PlyoX, always a good one. I did a bike ride yesterday so my legs were a bit tired but I made it thru just fine. Painted the hallway yesterday, just have the trim pieces to paint tonite. Also worked DH on the Bowflex and then did Abx (for myself). Busy day and I was tired last night, but couldn't fall asleep. Tonite I should sleep like a baby.

Karen, I'll have to check Nourishing Traditions out. Thanks so much. Way to go on getting all of Imax3 in! Was the 5 day job something you did, or your editor's fault? Hope you get some good writing in today.

Must get going, hi to Becky and Rhea.

Jeanette

Hello everyone.

I took yesterday off since I was exhausted. I napped instead. Today I did BM1. Now I must get back to studying.

I hope everyone has a great day.

-Becky

It was HSC -- the 51 minute premix for me today. Great workout! Didn't have trouble getting through it, which was good, but then I got a good night's sleep last night.

Jeanette -- that PlyoX program sounds intense -- is it as intense as the IMAX's? Great on the bike ride and getting your hubby working out, as well.

Boy, I really need to get enthused like you about house chores. Our house needs painting badly...

Oh, the 5 days was due to editor switch -- my manuscript got caught in the bridge between my editor leaving and the new one coming in -- so by the time they realized it needed handling, there was only 5 days left until they needed it back. No, it wasn't my mistake -- nor anyone else's -- just caught in the bridge between editor switches.x(

You'll love Nourishing Traditions -- it's one of my favorite of all time books.

Becky -- great on doing BM1 -- a 90 minute workout -- I so rarely have time to do a 90 minute workout.

Rhea -- hope you are doing well -- how's the book coming?

I was busy today with other things and have no stats on page counts today at all. Am a little bummed about this...

Anyway, have a great day and have some super workouts!:7

Oops, forgot to post yesterday!

Hmm, had a great three day weekend. I am taking tomorrow and Friday off so that I get five days off!! Whoopee! I'm a bit excited about that. Two days with no DH at home to bug me or make me feel guilty because I'm doing my own thing and he's bored.

Yesterday I did Step Works, an oldy but fun. I ended up skipping the last segements because my blood sugar took a complete dive on me. I was so tired by 7, that I went to bed at 7:30, fell asleep before 8:00 and slept through the night. It was great!

Not sure what I'll be pulling out today. I should be doing some sort of weight workout. It will depend on the time I have when I get home. I'm going to have to do 30 minutes of cardio and then weights.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Good evening ladies

Today I did Butts and Guts.

I can't wait until Friday. I really miss DH, especially today. We are celebrating valentines day on Friday by going to the Melting Pot. I've never been there before and am really looking forward to it.

Rhea, I hope you blood sugar is doing better.

Karen, I know you can get that script done in time.

Jeanette, hope everything is good with you.

Must go study now. That seems to be the story of my life now.

-Becky

Good morning,
Today was Shoulders & Arms. Did Cathe's Coremax tonite and just got done helping DH on the Bowflex for Bi's, Tri's, Shoulders and Abs. Also did Cardio Coach #5 on my bike. Going to finish watching a movie tonite, "The Game" with Michael Douglass. Looks like a good one.

Got an email from my mom early this morning. She had to put my dad in the hospital last night as a bad cold came on him suddenly, chills, fever. He has a tendence to get pneumonia easily so they admitted him and he's still there. I went up to see him and he's doing okay, but not feeling real well.

Sounds like everyone is getting their workouts in.

Karen, I think PlyoX is pretty intense, but not too much impact. More athletic in nature but not boring to me. I'm going to check out Nourishing Traditions on Amazon. It too was recommended by another friend.

Jeanette

Let's see. It was KPC for me today -- a 51 minute premix -- the very last one of the KPC premixes, I think. I sure do like that workout. Jeanette, Rhea & Becky, is Kick Max as fun as KPC -- I'm thinking of getting that one -- outside of the gym styles it's the only one of Hardcore series that I don't have. Tomorros is Legs & Gluts (standing legs) and then a stretch.

And a day of intensive writing. Once again today, I got caught up in too many other things and my writing suffered.

Jeanette -- Sorry to hear about your father -- but good that he's okay. You'll really like that book. Easy to read, easy to understand, gives you the low down on food processing and food in general -- changed the way I think about food and the way I cook.

Hope the movie was good. We watched "The Importance of being Earnest" tonight. Good movie.

Rhea -- I really like StepWorks -- it's a fun workout -- and good for you for having the next few days off. Enjoy! Good on you for getting some rest.

Becky -- wow, intensive study. Have fun on Friday -- haven't been to the Melting Pot, myself. You'll have to let us know about it.

Have a super day tomorrow, everyone -- enjoy the day off if you have it -- and have some great workouts!:7

Good morning ladies.

This AM I got up early and did Cardio Fusion. Figured I wouldn't get the whole thing in unless I did it EARLY!

Must get to class.

-Becky

Good morning,

It was Bryan Kest's Power Yoga - Energize this morning. Have a bike club meeting tonite. Finished watching "The Game" last night, good movie. DH enjoyed it too.

Have a going away sourdough pancake breakfast for myself this morning. I'm changing departments here at the prison. Been at this job for 10 years, long time for sure. Will miss the people (mostly).

Becky, Cardio Fusion is a good one, I'm looking forward to doing it again after P90X is over.

Karen, I haven't done Kick Max in a while. Need to get that one out again. I haven't done it much as I remember it wasn't as fun as KPC. I need to get more creative with mixing and matching and premixes when I go back to Cathe (about 2 weeks from now).

Got to run,

Jeanette

It was Legs & Glutes for me today (standing legs) and then a stretch on the ball. It was very good. Really like this workout. And then tomorrow it's the Cardio Fusion -- again, a premix, as I don't have time to do the entire thing.

Jeanette -- A sourdough pancake breakfast -- hmmmm...sounds good. And you are switching departments. Hope the move is a good one -- bet it will be. How was the ride today? It was a beautiful, sunny day here today, but I was inside most of the day writing, although I did take a walk around 5:30. Was great to see the sun.

Yes, I'm thinking of KickMax as regards the premixes mostly. In these new workouts, because I so seldomly have more than 60 minutes to workout -- I generally do the premixes.

Becky -- good to hear from you. I think you're a day ahead of me in the rotation -- think I changed my days around somewhat.

Rhea -- Hope you are enjoying these days off -- bet you are.:)

Managed to write 16 pages today -- am trying to cover ground and make up for the 2 days I missed this week. If I can write another 15 tomorrow, at least I will have covered for one day. I'm shooting for 20, however. Have to shoot high, it seems to get anywhere.

Have a super day, everyone and some great workouts!:7

Good morning,

It was Legs & Back today. Back work was good, increased my resistance for the Bowflex machine again. Tonite will be AbX. Will do an easy cruise on my bike around our local loop after work. Weather should be very nice today. There is now enough daylight for a short ride. Have to talk to my new boss about my hours (when I start next week). I'd like to be able to not have a lunch hour and get off earlier in the day, 4:00 instead of 4:30. Would sure make it nicer. We'll see how flexible he is.

Pancake breakfast yesterday was awesome! Lots of good tasting food. They got me a nice vase of flowers and a card. Won't start the new job until next Wednesday. Will have a private office, newly remodeled too. Am taking my own little electric heater for my feet under my desk as I noticed it was cold in that office whereas other parts of the building were much warmer. Can't stand cold feet, poor circulation when you don't move around much.

Dad is still in the hospital. Visited him last night. He looked a little better but I doubt they will let him go home today. I'll call him this morning to see what the doc says.

Karen, enjoy Cardio Fusion. I like that one. Looking forward to doing it after P90X. Good writing yesterday.

Have a great day ladies, hi to Rhea and Becky,

Jeanette

Hi Morning!:)

Decided to log on a little earlier today since it's Friday.

Jeanette -- sounds like a great day that you have in store today. The ride sounds nice and the workouts great.

Like you, I usually have a heater going on my feet -- when I write, if my feet are cold, I can't keep my attention on what I'm doing, so I generally have heat going on the feet -- even in the summer -- AC, plus heat on the feet. LOL

Hope your dad gets out of the hospital soon, and that he'll be just fine.

It was Cardio Fusion today -- but the 41 1/2 minute premix, as I just don't have the time for the full thing. Love that workout -- made me sweat and got my heartrate up.

My weight is a little high and so I'm trying to really watch how much I eat but without changing what I eat. We'll see...

Hope the new job works out well, Jeanette. A new office sounds very cool!:)

Rhea -- know you're enjoying your time off

Becky -- today's the day to see hubby, right?

Have a really super day and a terrific weekend!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.