KK's August Check In

Hi ladies!

I'm Back!

Sorry I have been gone so long. I had boards then tons of company and then my general surgery rotation. That basically meant I slept probably 5 hours in 3 months (exaggeration, but still it was really crazy). Boards went great. My score was wonderful. All doors are open.

Working out got put by the way-side during general surgery, except for all the running thru hospital halls and up and down the stairs. Weight stayed stable, probably because I rarely had time to eat (mini boxes of fruit loops were my friend as I ran thru the halls).

Now I am on the urology service and I am loving it. I love kidneys. It is still surgery, just less crazy. I have started back doing the Timesaver series...weaning myself back in. I'll probably do it again next week and then CTX and then whatever rotation Cathe makes for Sept.

Must go eat dinner w/ DH.

Hope all is well!

-Becky

Good morning!

Becky - so glad to see you. I figured you were running around the hospital and that's all the time you had. Hope you can get back to a workout routine soon.

Let's see, this weekend was pretty good. Did Sold Gold Cardio on Sat and yesterday did P90 1/2 and Nancy Taylor's super sculpt. Lots of weight work. I was a little stiff when I woke up this morning. Today is cardio only, so if I have the energy I'm thinking Cardio Collectibles, I just love that workout, but have to have lots of time and then energy to finish it out. Hmm, a good long Cathe step might do good too, like Step Blast. Ooh, I haven't done that one for a while.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,
Got back from Hood River, Oregon yesterday afternoon. Had an absolutely wonderful time. We cycled, hiked, shopped, ate, drank, (4 of our group windsurfed) and relaxed a little.

Today was The Viper workout from The Terminator DVD. Had to cut it a little short as it goes over an hour.

Have my sister coming tomorrow from down south so need to clean house tonite.

Becky, good to hear from you. You are busy as usual.

Rhea, you've been on a Christi kick like me lately. Hope you got to do Step Blast. That one's fun for me too.

Janie, did you get Cardio Collectibles yet?

Karen, miss you. Hope you are having a great time.

Jeanette

Good afternoon!

Nope, I did Cardio Collectibles! I just love that workout. I think I like it because it really reminds me of my old workouts at the gym. Type of classes that I used to take.

Today is P90 weights, so I think I'll do 3/4 and not sure if I'll have any time for anything else. I'm supposed to golf tonight, I think, but I'm not sure I want to. I'm beginning to get a routine and sort of like my evenings at the house, doing whatever. I need to get some watering done and to fix one of my drip systems so that there is more water on my ice-plant ground cover. But then again, I want to do some sewing too.....I just need to retire. That's it.

Well, have a great day everyone.

Hi ladies.

Glad everyone is doing well. I did another Timesaver workout today. The 2nd one.

Today I got to sew up a bladder! Fun stuff.

Gotta study.

Becky

Hi all,
Today was Gin Miller's Intense Moves for about 30 minutes, then switched to Butts & Guts floorwork for about 15 minutes and finished with B&G stability ball abs for the other 15 minutes.

Have lots to do today as my sister is coming to visit for a few days.

Becky, bladder sew up, bet that was a fun one.

Rhea, no golf? I went to the college and signed up for the golf skills college class. I'm trying to see if I like it enough to pursue and definitely need some instruction. Think it'll be cheaper that way.

Hi Janie and Karen,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Let's see, yesterday I moved it up to P90 3/4 sculpt and then added on some cardio to round out the workout. For cardio I did most of the Crunch Cardio Dance (skipped the funky dance part which bugs me anyway, I don't move "funky" very well)

I went and golfed nine holes with the ladies. I haven't golfed for a while and the first hole was very painful. I managed to get my swing back a little bit better every hole. I really like my husband's driver. I hit it so much better than mine (which is his old one) I'm going to start hitting some different drivers at the golf stores and see if there is one out there for me that I can call my own. I wish I had more time to do all the stuff that I want. But with the fitness goals I have at the moment, I have to concentrate on that first and then get up to maintenance level.

Jeanette, that is so cool that you are taking the class. I hope the weather holds out for you. My coach is the DH. Doesn't always go well, since sometimes he is always correcting, but I try to shrug it off or I tell him to be quiet! However, I hit the ball pretty darn good at times (when I do everything right)so his instruction has to have sunk in somewhere.

Well, client here for office visit, better run.

Have a great day.:+ :eek:

Good morning,
Today was Pyramid Upper Body up premix (no abs), then finished with about 20 minutes of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. My sister and her family arrived last night. I have to work as I was off work part of last week for my mini vacation. Have to study for a test when I get home from work tonite, visiting will come afterwards.

Rhea, yes, I'm looking forward to the college class, I really need some instruction before I start to develop some really bad habits. I'll be playing next Tuesday afternoon with Father Tony Warnakula (he works at the prison). I told him how bad I am, but guess he can just pray that I get better LOL!

Hi to Becky and Karen,

Jeanette

Good afternoon!

Yesterday was a rest day, so today I'll tackle something fun. Not sure what though. Been rather warm here....maybe a CTX with one body part. Definately a cardio day though. I see that the pre-sale is ending soon. I'm thinking that means that the dvds may be out in sept sometime. I'd better get cranking on getting up to speed. Maybe I'll try come of the drill max.

Good Evening!:)

I have really missed being here on the forum. Glad to see you are all keeping up the workouts -- and it's great to see you back, Becky.

The dogs are doing good -- getting a little used to riding in the car now.:eek: (It's a 22 hour trip.) We did good -- helped some people and the Crow Fair was fabulous -- they have their pow-wow (and it's more like an encampment) in the Big Horn Country -- camped in the same place where the Sioux and Cheyenne were encamped when Custer thought to attack. Beautiful country.

Kept my workouts up pretty much except when we were on the road. Let's see today was HSTA -- one I haven't done for a while -- and it really had me sweating.

Rhea -- thanks for keeping the thread going while we were all gone. (Went back and read all the posts.) You were right. I haven't been breathing on their anaerobic exercises -- I've caught myself barely breating at all during them -- I'm concentrating so hard -- and since I've changed that, the stomach has been much better. Thanks for that.

Oh, by the way, raw nuts have phytates (anti-nutrients) -- all seeds and nuts do -- they are there to protect the seed or nut -- but if you soak them overnight in salt water, those phytates are inactivated, giving you a raw nut that's full of nutrition. Cooking also destroys the phytates, however, it also destroys the enzymes and other nutrients. Peanuts don't always sit well with me, either.

Glad to see you're back golfing, as well. Wish I could sew decently, but I have to take my alterations out, as I just get frustrated with the sewing.

Jeanette -- wow, you were gone to Oregon while I was gone. Bet it was beautiful. Can you tell us a little about it? How far did you go? What did you see?

Also saw that your DH had to move that stove all by himself. Whew! And your son, is he okay, now?

And now you have your sister with you. Lucky you. I lost my sister a few years back and so I can imagine how good it would be to have your sister with you, visiting. DH and I were just up in Montana with his family -- and it was really a good feeling.

Love Pyramid UB and LB -- actually all I took with me on this trip was two of the Intensity series -- and it worked out great.

Becky -- so good to see you're back -- and doing well -- busy like crazy, as usual -- but even better is that all doors are now open to you. Yea! Way to go, Becky.

Janie - noticed you haven't been posting for a while. Hope all is well with you! Love your graphics.

Well, I have much catch up to do with work and with life. It is so good to be home. DH, however, is swamped right now. It's one thing for me to be gone, cause I can work anywhere -- but he's really behind now in his job. But it's good to be back home. Very good.

I'm needing to get some new workout shoes -- does anyone have a favorite brand? My favorite right now is Ryka -- but I've also used New Balance. Has anyone ever used the Adidas aerobic shoe? They are priced a little better than the others.

Well, have a terrific day, everyone. Sorry the post is so long, but it's good to be back. Boy, don't those new workouts of Cathe's look good. And doesn't she look younger? Wow!

Have some great workouts!:7

Morning,
Today was Cardio Fusion all step premix, with abs/planks from SJP. I used 2 risers for this one and definitely got more of a workout than with just 1. No time for bike riding this week, maybe Sunday though.

My sister and her family are visiting, which is really nice. Today they are going to Lassen Park to kick around (don't think they will climb Lassen), and tomorrow is a big 4-wheeler ride.

Karen, so glad you are home now. Hope it was a rewarding experience. My trip to Hood River, Oregon was absolutely relaxing, fun and active. I'll send you some pictures of it. Shoes, hmmm, I wear New Balance and haven't tried anything else yet. That's so good that you could keep up your workouts. On the Oregon trip we did a lot of hill walking, some hiking and of course cycling.

Rhea, I think you will do just fine on Cathe's new series. You're in better shape than most people.

Hi Becky and Janie. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Karen- welcome back! So glad that you had a wonderful time in Montana and that the dogs did well. I would probably go nuts with my dogs going on a trip. Our boy dog whines the entire time he is in the vehicle.

So funny, I found myself holding my breath yesterday a couple of times during Totally Hot Cardio because I was conentrating on the moves.

Oh shoes, I've been searching for some myself. I tend to like the Rykas the best. I'm not real fond of my New Balances, they tend to rub the balls of my feet sometimes. I think that the Rykas just fit me better.

Yesterday I did Totally Hot Cardio and then added on the Slim Express six minutes abs. It was pretty warm when I worked out, so it actually took a lot out me. I hope the weather stays as is or at least cools down a bit. Cardio is hard to do in the afternoon when it is 95 out.

Today is a massage, but I'm going to get in P90 3/4 sculpt before I go. This weekend, I hope to get in some of the longer Cathe if I can stay away from Christi! (right now I have one of the workout songs from the cardio collectibles going through my head!)

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon!:)

I know that I probably won't hear from anyone until Monday, but I'll just post this anyway -- have been away so long, that it's good to get back in the posting mode.

Jeanette -- enjoy your time with your sister -- sounds like you have some fun things planned. I have both New Balance and Ryka shoes and find myself reaching for the Ryka's more than the New Balance -- but am looking at the Adidas cause they are so better priced. I'll be looking for some shoes this weekend possibly.

I'd love to see the picts, by the way. Love pictures!

Rhea -- yes, I really like my Ryka's, as well. They are, however, a little higher priced that what I like and I can only seem to get them online. Have a great massage and hope you get in those longer workouts this weekend. I should try to the longer ones, as well, I think. We'll see -- I'm still playing catch-up.

Have a great weekend, everyone! And hello to Becky and Janie!:7

Good mornin everyone,

In a spur of the moment, one of my sister called from Eastern Wash. and wanted me to come over to visit. So I did. Had a very good time. I have 4 sisters , and saw three. The other one lives up North, and couldn't come over. She's the one taking care of my Mom.

Sorry I didn't have time to let all of you know. The decision was quick, and left shortly after the call. Sometimes I do that.

I used The Gym there, and even got in a Step Workout. Kept up with my exercises as best I could. Had a wonderful time there, but is always good to be home.

Today I'll be doing Low Max, Core Max, and Gym Style legs. A lot for me in one day, but I feel I can do it. I'll do the best I can.

Rhea, I love Christi Taylor. What are ice-plant ground covers? I'm glad you enjoy golf. I haven't a clue how to play it, but I bet it is so much fun. How was your message?

Becky, nice to see you back. I'm glad the boards went well for you and that all doors are now open. You are amazing! Saving all these peoples lives. My son works in the ER in Vagas.

Jeanette, I'm glad you had a great time at Hood's River. Tell us all the things you, your sister and family did together. Sounds like it would be a wonderful time. My DH put "Cardio Collectibles" lower on the list in Netflex. The little turd, but I put it back where it belongs, #1. I'll let you know when I get it. It could be awhile, with all this rearranging.

Karen, so gad to see that you the dogs and hubby had a great time with family and so many different tribes in beautiful Montana. How exciting! Cathe's workouts do look fantastic. She does look younger.

Sorry for the long post, needed to catch up. It's nice talking with all of you again.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good Afternoon!

So nice to see you back, Janie! And what a great time it seems that you had with your sisters. Lucky you to have so many!:) Wow, that does look like a lot to have on the schedule for one day, but I'm sure you'll do it.

Oh, I wanted to let you know that I'm doing those abs -- I forget what he called them -- now and again -- also while I'm doing normal ab exercises -- I noticed that I'd slipped into doing my abs without tightening them -- so at least now I'm focused again. Am so glad you posted that -- I think I'll go back and print it so I can have it for an easy reference.

Well, it's Sunday and time to look at next week's rotation:

Mon: IMAX1

Tues: Power Hour

Wed: Sprint 8 outside and stretch

Thurs: Bootcamp

Fri: Sprint 8 outside or a Cathe cardio from CTX

Sat: LIC or BM2 if I have time

Sun: Off

The dogs are doing great -- we're building a new dog house for our other older dogs and the weekend was great!

Am looking at new aerobic shoes -- hopefully I'll go and try some on at Sport Authority some time this week. Can't wait to hear about your weekends went. Have a super day, everyone, and terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
Hope everyone had a good weekend. My visit with my sister was very good. We got to do a lot of talking and also discussed my grandmother's care. Up until a few weeks ago, my sister had been providing the care for Grandma (age 93). Now Grandma is living up here with my parents. She really doesn't want to be here and wants to go back to Atascadero with my sister, but my sister can't give her the care she needs any more. It's sad. My other siblings will be helping out Mom & Dad with that, though they will have the bulk. We had a fabulous 4-wheeler ride on Saturday, everyone had a blast!!!! We went to Taylor Lake and then on to the Lucky S gold mine and ghost town. Fun, fun!!!

Yesterday, I didn't get to ride my bike, in fact haven't ridden all week due to being busy, but did get in Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. I actually did the whole thing and had a great time with it. I tried to jump a little higher to keep my heart rate up. She's not as intense as Cathe, but IMO is more fun as I like the complexity. Today I started a strength rotation that one of our Xers created. Today was GS Back, Biceps and Shoulders. I'm fried right now! I will be doing a bike ride tonite if it's not too windy. I tried to get one in yesterday but the wind never let up enough.

Rhea, I know what you mean about trying to stay away from Christi, she's just so much fun and an incredible cuer too. Don't know how she does it. How was the massage? I have a golf game tomorrow at 3:30 with the priest from the prison, Father Tony. Should be interesting. I'm looking forward to the college class and getting some instruction soon.

Janie, hope you had a wonderful time visiting your sisters. I have 3 sisters and a brother and most of them live nearby. You made me laugh about your DH moving one of your workout videos to the bottom of the queue on Netflix, and you moving it back up! Yes, the lady looks like she's crossing her legs to keep from going pee. LOL!!!

Karen, your week ahead looks good!! How's the doghouse project going? Bet you are loving having the dogs and know they are really bonding to you and your DH.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning everyone!

Janie - so glad you got to "run" off and play with your sisters. I don't get over to my sister's house enough. I'm such a homebody sometimes. I wish we were closer because we like doing the same things (quilting, crafts, etc) Plus my niece is at the age that she is just fun...five and very precocious. Ice-plant is a great ground cover that has pretty little flowers in purple or pink. It looks a little bit like a succulunt. We used to have it all over in the Bay Area and I didn't know that we could grow it here up in the Mountains and that it would survive the snowy winters.

Karen- didn't get in those long workouts. Pulled the middle of my back early Sat morning when I reached for the cat that wanted out, but hide from me. (I'm not sure what she was doing the little twirp). However, I did a little cardio on Sat to try and get it worked out and then a full cardio yesterday. I'm still a bit stiff and won't be able to do weights for a while (the muscle spasm is right between the shoulder blades) I just got some older Christi workouts, real cheap from her website, so I'll be checking them out in the next two days. By Wed. I should be able to do at least a circuit workout. Golf might hurt a bit tomorrow! I'll have to see.

Jeanette - I did the Solid Gold Step yesterday and just had a blast. I've actually found that if I don't watch the others and just listen to the cueing, I do much better. I really do take out a lot of the pivots and turns, the carpet is just too "sticky" for them. Christi has some of her older stuff on her website for 9.99 for three workouts on one DVD. Not a bad price.

Becky - hope you are doing well and have had a chance to start up the workout routines again.

Talk to y'all later and have a great Monday!

Jeanette,

There's nothing like sisters. I also have 3 great brothers (that I adore), but sisters are so darn special.

I'm sorry that your Grandmother is sad about leaving Atascadero. Makes me want to cry for her. Such a short time left in her life. Hope she realizes soon that staying with your parents is best for her in the long run.

What a wonderful weekend with all that activity! Good for yOU!

Today is GSL (yikes!, but I'll do it, and will love it.

Then off to pick the last of the blacberries for the season. You can't go wrong with free berries. I'll make a cobbler out of some of them today, then freeze the rest.

Got to go, hi to everyone and have great workouts,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good Evening!:)

Wow! Sounds like you all had some great weekends. I, too, was sad to hear that your grandmother was missing her home in Atascadero. I hope that she will come to love living with your mom and dad, Jeanette.

Also was sad to see that Aaron Russo passed away on Friday -- he was a film maker and Constitutionalist and I have so admired him. So some sad things happened over the weekend, but despite all this, we had a good weenend anyway.

My DH and BIL got the dog house made and the dogs love it so very, very much. It's not completely done, but the guys should finish it next weekend. This is for our older dogs -- the two young ones (we have to keep them separate, as the two young dogs keep trying to mount our old 15 and 16 year old females) stay in the backyard and have their own "doghouse."

Anyway, it was IMAX1 for me today -- that'a a good, intense workout. Kept getting that stomach ache now and again, Rhea, but as soon as I remembered to breathe, it went away. Interesting. That's a really good solution.

Jeanette -- great to see that you are doing your Christi's. I've gone to Collage and had a look at some of her videos -- she looks like fun. That is so cool that you are doing a strength rotation that was written by one of your Xers. Keep us informed as to how it goes, okay? Sounds great! Also, golf with the Priest at the Prison sound fascinating. Hope it was fun!

Rhea -- do you have Christi's website? That sounds like something right up my alley -- 9.99 for 3 workouts. That sounds pretty good to me. I, too, think ice plants are so beautiful -- we don't have any in our yard, but I so admire their beauty. I, too, didn't do a long workout on Sat -- just got really behind.

Janie -- and you have 3 brothers, too. What a great family. I had only 1 sister and 1 brother, and I've lost my sister, unfortunately. My brother lives 1/2 way across the country, as well, but we stay in touch. Blackberry cobbler sounds great! Yum!

Well, I'm still looking for new workout shoes -- am really updating my workout clothes -- probably spending too much money on it, in truth. But I so enjoy the workouts, that I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Hi Becky! Hope your workouts are going great!

Have a super day everyone and some terrific workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.