Kindle for your iPhone or iPod

rjroubi

Cathlete
You can now download Kindle, a free application from the Apple itunes store for you iPhone, iPod Touch.....and use your iPhone or iPod as an ebook reader.

Actually, the print is surprisingly nice. I have both my Kindle and iTouch accounts hooked up to my amazon kindle manager so I can download books from the same account to either device or both. It's a really nice free application. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/technology/04kindle.html?_r=2&ref=technology

Happy Reading!

Very interesting, Robin. Thanks for the link.

I've been enjoying my Kindle! I ordered the free 2-week subscription to the NY Times and I love reading it on the subway. I like that I only need one hand to turn pages, because in the subway at rush hour I'm usually hanging on to a pole with the other hand. The Patagonia case is great for me. It's soft and light, with foam padding to protect the Kindle. I think I'm going to cancel my paper subscription to the New Yorker and order the Kindle version.

How is yours working out?

Nancy,

I love my Kindle....now I also read books on my iPod iTouch while DH reads the daily paper off my Kindle. (The iTouch does remember the spot you left off in your book...now how cool is that?) As for subscribing to papers....I'll send you a link for a free way to get your daily paper...it's totally legal and the format is really wonderful. I get USA today and the NY Times...not to mention Newsweek magazine. I had Discover magazine...but decided it was too much to read. I'll PM you will all the info (you can get the New Yorker as well). It make take a just a little time for you to figure out how to actually use the program and hook up.... but once you learn it and understand it you may end up totally hooked like me. Believe me, I'm not by any small stretch of the imagination a computer wiz...but I do like to save money.

Anyway...

Set your Kindle on "text to speech" when you read the paper on the subway then turn the volume all the way down (so you don't hear it)...it will turn the pages for you. (I do it when I get really lazy....hehehe.) All you have to do is worry about holding on while you're riding on the subway... ;)

As for the Patagonian case, I like it as well.....I also like that the amazon case fits perfectly inside it. It's snug but works really well. I bought the patagonian case to protect against water, and for travel.....but I leave my amazon case on all the time. I also really like the "mighty bright light" ....it doesn't seem to reflect as much as my usual itty bitty book light. (I like to read while DH is sleeping.) It's not a major difference, but heck, it was only about 13 bucks.

Robin! You are our Kindle Pioneer forging the way for us! I am going to subscribe to USA today as I love that paper when I'm traveling. My Kindle has not left my side since I got it! I take it everywhere with me. I don't have an iPhone or an iPod touch so I'll have to just settle for my Kindle for now. :D:D I don't need more gadgets yet! (Well, yes I do!).

Anyway, I have a couple of other Kindle links I found to send you but they are on my work computer favorites so will share with you and Nancy next week.

I am going to order one of those night lights and it sounds like I need the Patagonia case too! I have the Amazon case but I do need something that's waterproof.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.