Kimberly Spreen!!

pixie9

Cathlete
I just wanted to thank everyone who recommended Kimberly Spreen's workouts to me! I just finished Kick Box Bootcamp and I just loved it! Some of you may know that I have a REALLY hard time warming up to other instructors and I usually find myself disappointed in them compared to Cathe. I also have her Cardio Camp workout and I found that very fun as well. Overall, her cueing is GREAT and her routines are imaginative and fun. Does anyone have her new Absolute Kickboxing? If so, is it as good as KB Bootcamp?

TIA
Carolyn:)

Hi Carolyn

I don't have KB Bootcamp, but I do have Absolute Kickboxing and Cardio Camp. I love both of these. She is the only instructor that I haven't been disappointed in since I found Cathe. Everyone else just doesn't compare to Cathe but I do enjoy Kimberly Spreen's workouts. At present I don't buy any other instructors now but Cathe and Kimberly. I don't think you would be disappointed in Absolute Kickboxing.

Have fun

Kim:)

Thank you Kim! I think I'm going to be ordering this one VERY soon (maybe today if I can't hold out). I've only bought her workouts from deepdiscount.com and this one isn't there. I'm sure it's worth it to pay a little more for her workouts since they are so great!
Thanks for the feedback!! You've convinced me (wasn't that hard huh?)!

Carolyn

>I just wanted to thank everyone who recommended Kimberly
>Spreen's workouts to me! I just finished Kick Box Bootcamp and
>I just loved it! Some of you may know that I have a REALLY
>hard time warming up to other instructors and I usually find
>myself disappointed in them compared to Cathe. I also have her
>Cardio Camp workout and I found that very fun as well.
>Overall, her cueing is GREAT and her routines are imaginative
>and fun. Does anyone have her new Absolute Kickboxing? If so,
>is it as good as KB Bootcamp?
>
>
>TIA
>Carolyn:)

I LOVE Absolute Kickboxing. I just rec'd Cardio Camp in a trade and did it for the first time yesterday. I have Kickbox Bootcamp coming to me (another trade). Absolute Kickboxing is great. The music is motivating, the routine is fun and creative. I love the premix that alternates the kickbox cardio with a combat interval section using the body bar. I like Kimberly's stretches also. She holds them for a nice long time. In Absolute Kickboxing there is a nice balance section also. She has become a new favorite instructor of mine. She has a nack for putting together fun routines. There is just something about her workouts that have totally clicked with me. I can't compare Absolute Kickboxing to KBBC yet, but I rank Absolute Kickboxing as one of my favorite workouts of all my workouts.
Angela

I just went and checked her clips out on Collage and I may have to invest. It's SO hard to find someone other than Cathe who holds my interest, but the clip for Absolute Kickboxing looks awesome.

Thanks for the heads up, Carolyn!

Hi Shelley! I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you plan to order, you may want to try deepdiscount.com. I believe I got some of her workouts for about $10 each there. I'm not sure about their return policy though. :) Oh and by the way, I found Cardio Camp to be a little on the easy side, but still so much fun.

Carolyn

Hi! Unfortunately, ordering from deepdiscount.com doesn't work well for me because of shipping costs, exchange and duty. But CK Sales has Absolute Kickboxing, so I think I'm going to go ahead and order it!

I LOVE Kimberley Spreen. Her forte, IMO, is FLOW. One movement just flows so easily into the next: very smooth transitions that are well-cued.

I love Kimberly's kickboxing videos, and I prefer Absolute Kickboxing to Bootcamp. Cardio Camp is definitely my favorite of hers because the hi/lo intervals offer great variety and intensity.

***Lainie***

10_10011650634.gif

I love Kimberly. It is hard for me to pick a favorite between CC, AK and KB. They are all so good! I'll definitely be watching for more from her.

Count me in as another one who can't seem to connect to ABC. (Anyone but Cathe).

However, I just bought Kimberley Spreen's Absolut Kickboxing and love it as much as KPC. Slightly different but:

Music is fantastic
Challenge is appropriate for advanced
Cueing is impeccable
Choreography is so cool...I just love her "slip aways"
Paersonality is spot on. I love when she says, "here's the thing"

I highly recommend this DVD and Kimberley Spreen to all you "ABCers".For those of you who have Comcast cable, she has a couple of workouts in the "Exercise on Demand" option.

X

>I noticed she uses a body bar in the DVD. Can a barbell(with
>no weights) be used instead?

Ahhh, you just reminded me. Yes, In Absolute Kickboxing she has a section called "Combat Intervals" which uses the body bar in a very cool way...different planes then traditional body bar workouts. I am dying to try this part but I haven't gotten around to picking one up.

You can interject the Combat Intervals between the kickboxing to formulate more of a circuit workout, or do just the kickboxing or just the combat intervals. Just another ingenious way that she has developed her workout.

X

She also has a body bar section in KB Bootcamp. I tried it today with my 12 pound bar and it was NOT easy. I'm thinking I need to get a lighter bar now.

C

A body bar is definitely beneficial for Absolute Kickboxing. I found that the barbell was too long and a broom stick too light. I bought a 9 lb. body bar and it really is worth it!
Angela:7

Thanks.

I may just have to use a barbell and hope for the best.
It would be kind of difficult to hide a body bar from my husband.

As it is, I have to fess up to buying the DVD! LOL!!

I use to work out with Kimberly when she was an instructor at Lifetime Fitness in Columbus. Her videos are just as good as if you were taking her class live. It is nice to have her videos since she doesnt teach here anymore. You cant go wrong with any of them.

How does her workouts compare to Tracey Staehle's kicboxing...Kickbox Sweatfest I believe it's called.

Thanks!

You could use a barbell with no weights on. I'd try using a broom handle or a dowel while wearing weighted gloves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.