Kickboxing Bag Recs

Hedy!!!

Hey girl, you are GOOD! ;-) That combo stand looks pretty cool and it might just do the trick if we ever were to need a speed bag! I would need to measure my space, but I think I could squeeze it in (especially if I would get off my lazy fanny and find a home for my NordicTrack -- which hasn't been used in 3 years and takes up a boatload of floor space!

I haven't asked Cathe about the speed bag but will do that -- I imagine at this point she'll feel like it's too early to predict the content of those workouts, but even if speed bag work weren't included in this series, it seems to me that it's a natural corollary and, if the boxing series is popular (and you KNOW it will be), speed bag stuff might turn up in "Bag Max 2." ;-)

Thanks so much for all the advice, Hedy -- it's great to "chat" with you again, too!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

I have the longer standing bag filled with sand. Here is a link. Mine is solid black (thank goodness)

http://www.innovare.com/revgear/product.asp?dept_id=5&pf_id=42060

Even filled with sand, it can move a little which can be annoying. I solved that by backing it against a wall. I have access to most of it this way. I'll be very curious to see what Cathe comes up with. Would love some interesting fun kicking drills. Can pass on the punching.

Thought I would give this one a bump to let y'all know that K-Mart has an Everlast freestanding heavy bag with free gloves for $99.00. I played with it a bit....don't know if it is what we'll need, but it was fun and easy to move.

Julie

I bought the same Everlast freestanding heavy bag from Kmart today.
It also had free gloves in it. Before purchasing it, I saw a Wave-
Master at the Sports Authority. When filled with water, I thought
it might be too heavy for me to move so that is why I bought the one at Kmart instead. Slightly higher at $104.99. I will not open the box
until The Boxing Series can be preordered. Which is better, Everlast
or WaveMaster? Should I take Everlast back and buy WaveMaster for
our upcoming Boxing Series?

Hattie

I don't know anything about the Everlast, but I have a Wavemaster. It's not at all too heavy to move when filled, but takes a bit of manoeuvering room. You have to tilt it, and roll it on the base (rather than trying to lift it or push it, which it will be too heavy for).

>I bought the same Everlast freestanding heavy bag from Kmart
>today.
>It also had free gloves in it. Before purchasing it, I saw a
>Wave-
>Master at the Sports Authority. When filled with water, I
>thought
>it might be too heavy for me to move so that is why I bought
>the one at Kmart instead. Slightly higher at $104.99. I will
>not open the box
>until The Boxing Series can be preordered. Which is better,
>Everlast
>or WaveMaster? Should I take Everlast back and buy WaveMaster
>for
>our upcoming Boxing Series?
>
>Hattie
>
>

I saw the Everlast yesterday as well. It has the stand with the flexible neck right? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Yes, I saw that flexible neck. I also don't know if that is good or not, but I would think it would help to keep it from tipping once the bottom gets some weight in it. They can tip....my DD tips those things with her kicks & punches.

As to Wavemaster.....I do know they are used some in Karate studios (the hanging kind)...DD has one that is the hanging kind. We keep it hung in the backyard, though, so it won't help me with Cathe's DVDs. It also feels harder. I couldn't do a full out punch on it without hurting my fists. DD always wears gloves that are padded across the knuckles and top of the hand.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.