Kickbox videos

steppin out

Cathlete
Can anyone give me feedback on Cathe's kickboxing videos? I know they are advanced work outs and I am not an "advanced" kickboxer. I have IMAX2 and love it, but want to add another type of exercise. I have been looking at intermediate videos from other people, but I really enjoy my Cathe videos and I'm afraid I won't like a vido by someone else. Could I get through Kick, Punch, Crunch or Kickmax, or should I try someone else to work up to these?

Thanks.

Sherry

Hi, Sherry,

I had very little experience kickboxing when I first bought Kickmax but had no trouble with it (though the blasts took some working up to }( !). I liked it enough that I soon after bought KPC and really loved it.

Before doing KM I tried Quick Fix Cardio Kick with Janis Saffell. It's a lot different from Cathe's workouts, but it was a good introduction for me (but personally, I think you can just dive into Cathe). Lots of people seem to think Hardcore Kickbox Circuit with Janis Safell is really good (I have it, but there's too much whooping for my taste).

Also, an intermediate one that is really good for instructions is Kathy Smith's Kickboxing.

But if you're going for Cathe, then I might choose KPC because more of the workout is a kickbox routine.

Have fun! :)

hi
i did 4 several years the TAE-BO its also kick boxing.i dont know wich is better cathe or billy blanks (the inventor of tae-bo)in some moves they r the same and in other moves tae-bo is more OTHENTIC i enjoy them both BUT there is something about cathe....

sharona:)

KPC is quite doable and you can modify when needed. plus this dvd has the workout blender option so you can program the workout without the higher impact advanced drills. this dvd also comes with another workout and has premixes that blends the two workouts or creates shorter versions of each workout.

kickmax is pretty good. the 4 kick/punch combos are rather low impact and would be good for intermediates but the high intensity drills are very tough with lots of high impact jumps.

i would get one or both and just do what you can until you can do it all. even if you do half the workout before exhuasting yourself you have still worked to your max and that is part of getting stronger.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

Sherry IMO... Cathe kickbox are advanced in terms of intensity (as all her stuff is!)}(
I've never taken Kickboxing as a sport and I'm sure my 2 left feet would struggle w/ that but I do all of her kickboxing DVDs without falling over.. they are intense for sure (especially w/ weighted gloves) but not choreography wise.
I love all of them and the premixes are indeed WONDERFUL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.