Kick Punch and Crunch - Details

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator

Kick Punch & Crunch Video Cover

Hi Everybody!

Now that the VHS editing is complete, I am able to share more specific details with you. I'll start with Kick, Punch, & Crunch. This workout is 68 minutes long. It starts with a warm up of 7 minutes and gradually moves into a faster paced warm up which I refer to as intermediate intensity (since it really starts to pick up the intensity toward the end of it). After the 13 minute mark, you will really kick it up to high intensity levels for another 20 to 25 minutes. During this time you will be doing kickbox conditioning drills which are put in an interval style format of pushing hard, recovering briefly and pushing hard again. This segment is mostly high impact, however, there are also some high intensity low impact drills included (the last drill, one of the hardest, is HIGH intensity, LOW impact, at its best,....Hammer Punch with a drop lunge into a Knee Smash....24 per side, yikes). After this segment, you are good and fried, however,the show must go on }(

You/we will then do three punching and kicking combinations. Each one consists of a punching combination (ex: double jab high, double jab low, a triple jab/cross/jab and then a cross punch with hesitation), followed by a kicking combination (ex: knee chamber, into roundhouse kick, into drop squat back, into jump roundhouse kick forward). This segment also keeps the heart rate up because each combination features jump kicks. Now we move on to ab work on the stability ball. We will do crunches, wood chops with weight (optional), and pikes with knee rolls. Finally, its time to enjoy a nice relaxing stretch with a soothing Asian melody. By the way, the other parts of the soundtrack are all instrumental with a strong downbeat to suit the mood of the movement. I brought the ever so motivating song "I WANNA ROCK" into this workout and you will hear it on your first punck/kick combination. Get ready to SWEAT!!!!!

OMG - I am SO HAPPY that I ordered this one on VHS!!! It will make wating on the DVD's more bearable!!:7

Oh, I can hardly wait for the DVD!!! This sounds like a KILLER!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Dorie

Well that sounds nice (hate the neon pukie green on the cover, but that's just me) and I can hardly wait to get whipped but it would be so helpful if you also told us the body parts that this workout would benefit from.

I am assuming since it's kickbox style, the legs i.e. hips and thighs and abs will benefit from this workout but I am no expert.

Could someone compile such details so fat hippers like me know which workout to use the most to slim down the outer thighs and hips?

Thank you very much. Love the red (lipstick) Nike top. Hope it graces one of the covers.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much Cathe for that update! I love the cover and can hardly wait for this video as well as the others in the series! "I WANNA ROCK" oh yeah!:7

Yippee! Thanks so much Cathe...can't wait! I just did MIC for the first time tonight and it kicked my butt! You're the best!:7

Cathe,
The cover looks gorgeous and the workout sounds awesome. When you put }( in your description I know to be scared. Thanks for all your hard work on this series. Love, Heather

THIS is THE ONE workout I am looking forward to! Yeah!

However, I will have to wait for the DVDs. Loved the cover and the "eye of the tiger" look! }(

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Awesome cover!
When I first saw the picture of this 5th Element top, I knew I had to have it. :D. I emailed them several times to ask them if they would make it in my size as they only had medium. Now they have all sizes. Yippeeee!!!!
These workouts are going to be great. :9 }( :p

Hi Cathe! After reading all of these details I think I'll do this tape first!!! I have no idea what wood chops are but I know I'm gonna love them. The cover looks stupendous also as always. Your the best! Kathy:*

:D Great choice for the Kick, Punch and Crunch cover Cathe! Love the colors! Sounds like this will be a real "sweat" vid. I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands!:D Pike crunches, yikes! I still can't do them correctly, but I do go through the motions! Thanks for the update! Keep them coming!:9 ;-)

:D Great choice for the Kick, Punch and Crunch cover Cathe! Love the colors! Sounds like this will be a real "sweat" vid. I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands!:D Pike crunches, yikes! I still can't do them correctly, but I do go through the motions! Thanks for the update! Keep them coming!:9 ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.