Kettlebell check in....Monday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone

I am getting a late start today since I am off for Presidents day:)
.....nervous about doing 40 swings with my 35# bell.:confused:

Jane~ Great job with the 44#!!!:):)

Andilynn~ Yea! for Santa Monica! Did you do it? Did you like it?

waves to Marcy, Gayle, Farmer and Vilma!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day.

BBL to post my workout!

Hi again

back to post my workout:
**warm up:
wall squats/halos/pumps: 3 full cycles, then got thru wall squats/halos for a 4th time when gymboss beeped.

**swings:
6 full cycles of 40X swings with the 35#kb
eek.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
when I was doing the active rest for the last cycle the beeper went off half way thru, but I finished it anyway.

**Pullup/pushup pyramid:
pullups: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 (first pullup unassisted, all others assisted)
pushups: 5-10-15-20-15-10-5

comments:
**during the last 2 cycles of swings my hands were really sweaty!! I did one or two one handed swings to wipe the sweat off my hands and continued with the 2 handed swing (adding to the 2 handed to still equal 40)
**the active rests I did were: jog (3X) lateral skate, triple crush, jumping jacks
**my goal was to get thru 4 cycles, so I was really happy to get thru 6!
smile.gif

Have a great day everyone!!

Well, today is a rest day and I'm ready ! I think I might do a section of stretch max tonite though.

Deanie, You were right, Santa Monica was a smoker! And that was without the ropes! After the squat holds and bodyweight squats my lower half was really feeling it! I loved it!Can't wait til the ropes get here!

Waves to all!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

This morning I did Lisa Nunziella's Dance to Enhance Strength section for a warmup. Just bodyweight exercises - planks (side and forearm), pushups, tricep dips with 1 leg up, forward lunges and balances and warrior 3 and some other dancy, yoga type stuff.

I did 6 cycles of swings this morning:

I'm repeating week 2 but kind of gearing up for week 3:

30 Swings - 25#
Figure 8 to a hold - 25#
25 Swings - 25#
Mountain Climbers
25 Swings - 25#
Jog
25 Swings - 25#
Lateral Skaters
25 Swings - 25#
1 min. plank
25 Swings - 80 russian twists with no weight but feet off the floor

Yesterday I went to my first Bikram yoga class. That was intense. 105 degrees in the room. When I first went in the room, I couldn't believe how hot it was but I eventually got used to it. The good part was there was no sun salutations or warrior poses (except for warrior 3). There was also no core work, inversions or arm balances. It was basically a lot of balancing poses and stretches. I was definitely able to go deeper into the poses because of the heat. Each pose is done twice - the first series is held longer than the second - I think 60 secs. for the first and 30 secs. for the second. The class was 90 mins. Definitely something I would do again although I do like power yoga better. I miss all my inversions, core work and arm balances.
My quads are a little sore today but not too bad. I forgot to mention I lost 2 pounds from the class. Lots of sweating going on !

I also did pullups over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be ready for them in ROP.

Andilynn - So glad to hear you liked Santa Monica! I knew you would.

Deanie - Great workout as usual! So what kind of results are you seeing from all your hard work?

Waves to Jane, Gayle, Farmer, Vilma and all who follow!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Happy Monday!

Everybody's done some nice workouts today.

Marcy - Your Bikram yoga class sounds interesting.

Deanie - Have you tried using chalk when your hands get sweaty? It's messy, but it does work.

Andilynn - Glad to hear you got Santa Monica.

Jane - 44lbs!! :eek: WTG!! Sorry to hear your race got rained out.

Farmer - Nice job on Providence.

Deadlifts tonight. I didn't get to workout this weekend, but DH and I took Rascal for a long hike in the woods yesterday. The weather was really nice, so it was a good mental health day. I'm having a hard time lately getting in more than 3 workouts a week in.

Hi Everyone,

I didn't have to work today because of the holiday! YAY!! So I went for a 5 mile run this afternoon that wore me out. I came home and did about 50 swings w/my 35#kb and that pretty much did me in. I'm suppose to do the February challenge but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.