KCM 30min to Fitness L.I.F.T

Shannon,

I have a question about the front squat and securing the bar with your wrists bended back. Now I know Kelly has a tutorial at the beginning of the program, so I'm sure she'll explain the proper way to get into positioning, however I am a bit concerned about my wrists. I tried out the move with my bar, just to get a "feel" for it, and it feels a bit awkward on my wrists. Did you find this to be the case for you as well? Is it just a matter of getting used to the move? I used a 15lbs barbell btw. I can't go lower in weight because that's the weight of my bar with NO plates.

TIA!

KCM appears to be extremely flexible. Yes, the proper way to do that move is with elbows extended; however, not all of us can extend that far ;) Also, it's actually probably harder to do that move with a LIGHT barbell because you don't have the counter balance on your hands to push those elbows out. In comparison, I do that move with an 83lb barbell. You're natural instinct is to put your elbows out to keep you balanced. And yes, my wrists are always sore after doing front squats. Over time your range of motion will increase. In general, tho, it's just not a comfortable position :)

L.I.F.T

Shannon,

I have a question about the front squat and securing the bar with your wrists bended back. Now I know Kelly has a tutorial at the beginning of the program, so I'm sure she'll explain the proper way to get into positioning, however I am a bit concerned about my wrists. I tried out the move with my bar, just to get a "feel" for it, and it feels a bit awkward on my wrists. Did you find this to be the case for you as well? Is it just a matter of getting used to the move? I used a 15lbs barbell btw. I can't go lower in weight because that's the weight of my bar with NO plates.

TIA!

Hello Natasha,

Did you notice :-/? Your thread has been stirring some lurk :rolleyes::rolleyes:

900 hundred views :)

Lol for some reason any thread with Natasha's name I gravitate toward it! Lol I think some personalities shine even there a forum! Lol

Oh and I ordered split from KCM! Thanks Natty!! Per Miss Shanks I am looking for more total body or upper lower body split. :).

I am a sweaty mess!! I did the powerscultping w/o. She starts off by saying to pick a moderately heavy weight. I picked a 12 lb. Once she said to grab the matching dumbbell, I realized I had gone too heavy. Come to find out she was using a 10 lb. Later in the w/o she says to lighten up, so I grabbed a 8 lb. That KILLED me!! So I dropped to 5 lbs. For some moves it felt good, but others I should have gone back to the 8 lb. She later tells us that she is using a 7 lb. The Refiner w/o is an awesome ab w/o that she uses the barbell and does roll outs. I can only go out as far as a pushup position. I can't imagine ever being able to extend my arms out straight! I WILL someday but I can't imagine it. She does glute bridges with your feet on the barbell. I loved that one!
All in all I loved it. I do feel that my legs didn't get much of a w/o, but I really like to go heavy on my legs. This was a great upper body cardio w/o.
Money well spent!

Loved the review! I'm SO excited to try it :eek:.

Are you going to try the Olympic lift section? As soon as I receive my DVD, I'm jumping on that one like white on rice :eek:. I plan on incorporating that workout 1X/week!

KCM L.I.F.T

I am kind of afraid of that one! I had knee surgery and have to baby it. I should watch it through and see if I can handle it. Maybe once you do it, you can give me your opinion on that aspect.
As for the sculpting w/o, I am going to use this as an add on to a leg day I think. Or atleast tack on some hip thrusts, so that I feel complete.;)

Hello gratefuldog,

Thanks for posting your feedback on powersculpting. I am waiting my DVD to hit my postal box to try L.I.F.T. I can not wait to try this one.

As to your comment above doing powersculpting as an add on, it's the same review posted on Amazon :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I always aim to spend at least an hour maximum 1.5 hours with doubles adding up to 2 hours now and then. So I will certainly use these workout as add on too, to confuse my muscles;););)

All the very best,

L.I.F.T

OMG YES!

As a DOMS freak-a-holic, I appreciated hearing this :eek:.

Hurry DVD's, hurry!

Hello DOMS-holic Nathasha:D

Hope you get your "L.I.F.T baby" very soon.

Mine hit my postal box Friday. I am starting the tutorial tuesday.
My plan is to do the tutorial twice before attempting the workout.
I am starting L.I.F.T first, can not feel the urge to try out powersculpting this week.

Will post my thoughts in due course.

All the best,

I have never done Kelly's workout. The first I want to try is L.I.F.T. I am very much interested in trying this power lifting taster at home.

Has anyone tried it? Is there any cross fit and/ or power lifting for home exercisers? Feedbacks would be great. Thanks

I have it and I LOVE it. I think it's a great intro to power lifting, and as I recall (it's been a while since I've done it) there is a workout that you use initially that has a LOT of instruction and comments about form (which you need when you start out), then when you know what you are doing, you do the same workout but it's at a faster pace because the extra instruction isn't there. It's pretty killer actually, clean & presses with a lunge, etc. with a heavy barbell is serious stuff. :)

Hmmmm - sounds like it's time for me to pull this out again!

Picking up my package tomorrow! You know what my w/o will be :eek:.

Natasha,

Please let us know how you get on with L.I.F.T.
There is only few of us interested ;)

I will do the same after attempting the tutorial tomorrow. This catch with elbows held high, barbell on shoulder, and a reversed wrist intrigues me:cool::cool:. It's a wild animal I want to tame :D:D:D

Natasha,

Please let us know how you get on with L.I.F.T.
There is only few of us interested ;)

I will do the same after attempting the tutorial tomorrow. This catch with elbows held high, barbell on shoulder, and a reversed wrist intrigues me:cool::cool:. It's a wild animal I want to tame :D:D:D

Yes please report back when you test drive that sucker :eek:.

I might have to wait until Wed to do LIFT. I did STS M2 Legs today + hip thrusts with a 45lbs bar :eek:. If my DOMS is not too bad, I'll give it a go!

Good luck!

I'm doing Olympic Lift today! :eek:

Starting out light w/20lbs so I can get the form down pat, then I will increase accordingly. From what I've viewed so far -- ME LIKEY :eek:. I have to say that Kelly is absolutely fabulous! Love her queueing, form, personality. She has an incredible body also! Very motivating :).

BB later to report!

2 thumbs-up for LIFT

What can I say? I am truly humbled. That was HARD :eek:. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the challenge! Something about those moves makes me feel very strong and empowered. IMO it's a great intro for anyone who is interested in Crossfit.

I'm looking forward to more lifting sessions with KCM :eek:.

What can I say? I am truly humbled. That was HARD :eek:. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the challenge! Something about those moves makes me feel very strong and empowered. IMO it's a great intro for anyone who is interested in Crossfit.

I'm glad you liked it!!!!! I feel exactly the same way about this one.

So glad you liked it! Oly lifting is one of my favorite aspects of crossfit. Nothing else makes me feel quite as strong!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.