KB recs?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I am really a step lover, but it irritates that %#*&^%( bunion so much I need to take some extended breaks from it. I have all of Cathe's, Amy's & Tracey's KB. Oh, & also Kimberly Spreen's body combat DVDs.

I used to have other KB DVDs but got rid of them b/c they just weren't challenging enough. Does anyone know of any super intense KB DVDs that I'm missing?

I LOVE Kettlebell Kickboxing! If you don't have a kettlebell or are unsure of how to use one they have a modifier using a dumbell instead. So instead of kettlebell swing in one part they will do a front swing like Cathe does, for example. She alternates between kickboxing/MMA type moves and kb/db moves. It packs quite a punch in around 40 minutes.
Link: Kettlebell Kickboxing DVD Set

You can save 10% if you use the code 10off. I just ordered them. I love kickboxing and kettlebell workouts so I am sure I will love a combination of the two.

have you tried paul katami or steve cotter?

steve cotter does a little more than kettlebells but the kettlebell stuff that he does is super intense if u use heavy enough weights:)

KB Workouts

Paul Katami's Burn & Build will Kick. Your. Butt!! :eek: That is a great workout, and I enjoy Paul's style. ;)

I recently bought a 4-disc set... Dasha Libin's KB Kickboxing Scorcher Series....but I have not had an opportunity to try the workouts as yet. I bought the set from Mary Crowder with a 10% off coupon & rewards $$ :D
Website ~ kettlebellkickboxing.com

Lastly, I bought the newest Lauren Brooks KB workout video with Alex Verdugo. There are four 15-minute workouts on this DVD. I like to tack these workouts on to an STS day when I have some extra time. :cool:

HTH! Happy shopping! ;)

Try Susan Chung. 2 DVDs.

Rapid Fire Kick, Box and Core Burn DVD with Susan Chung

Susan Chung RapidFire Results DVD (Rapid Fire)

And if you don't like these then I think you might be shit out of luck until Cathe makes more!

Clare

LOL! Yes, I feel that way with most kickboxing dvds. I bought so many but Cathe's are the only ones I enjoy (other than the Kettlebell Kickboxing I mentioned above). I don't know what it is...something about Cathe's cueing, her rhythms, combos and production values are so awesome to me. :) Here's hoping she makes lots more! :D

KB Kickboxing

I LOVE Kettlebell Kickboxing! If you don't have a kettlebell or are unsure of how to use one they have a modifier using a dumbell instead. So instead of kettlebell swing in one part they will do a front swing like Cathe does, for example. She alternates between kickboxing/MMA type moves and kb/db moves. It packs quite a punch in around 40 minutes.
Link: Kettlebell Kickboxing DVD Set

Well, duh me!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I didn't see your post before I posted yesterday. Glad to know you like the set. I'm eager to try the workouts. :)

Laura, I second the Susan Chung recommendations.

Have you tried Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire or Turbo Fan. I am so enamoured by Chalene's style. She uses fantastic music and has so much energy. You need to email or call in your order for Turbo Fan at Chalene's personal site. It is the same classes she releases to gym group class instructors as Turbo Kick, released for the home exercise market. Turbo fire is available from Beachbody. The disadvantage if you don't like super fast kickboxing is the Turbo Fire has the highest speed of any kickboxing I have ever done. turbo Fan is a bit slower paced.

Ilaria 's Powerstrike is petty neat too.

Chalene's DVDs are some of those I got rid of. I barely broke a sweat w/her. I don't think my HR went over 110. :( I do have kettlebells but I've gotten rid of most of those too. For some reason I just couldn't get into the kettlebell thing. Are these circuit workouts or true cardio? I'm really only interested in the cardio factor.

I do have Susan Chung's workout. I just need to get that stupid heavy bag hung. For the 3rd time. :mad:

I'm thinking about going back to Ilaria & Patricia. I know they're not partners anymore, but their first Powerstrike workouts were pretty intense. I didn't like the sequencing of them, they got really boring for me. I have these in my Amazon cart right now. I'd appreciate opinions if anyone has them:

Ilaria's Powerstrike 4, Powerstrike 5 & Bodystrikes
Patricia's Kickbox-Core Cross Train
The Kung Fu Kickboxing Workout (I think I'm getting this for sure, it looks great)

Input please!

Patricia's kickboxing core cross train is supposed to be interesting but intermediate.

ilaria's newer Powerstrikes are supposed to be less intense than her original one with Patricia. I have 5 and I like it. She keeps things low impact but you work a bit differently because she works at a speed and sets an example of working through the complete range of motion. It had a bit of learning curve for me as the arm patterns were a bit tricky the first time.

Bodystrikes is good for a sweaty but not too intense workout but I gave it away. She does it in "take it from the top" style wich I disliked. It seemed repetitive

Laura

Ilaria's dvds are great but they work at a slower and deliberate pace. Ilaria is great for improving technique and form. You won't get the same cardio w/o as Tracey Staehl or Susan Chung.

I have The Kung Fu Kickboxing workout. I used it once. It is drill based and deliberate. My heart rate never got above 100 bpm.

HTH

Laura, I second the Susan Chung recommendations.

Have you tried Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire or Turbo Fan. I am so enamoured by Chalene's style. She uses fantastic music and has so much energy. You need to email or call in your order for Turbo Fan at Chalene's personal site. It is the same classes she releases to gym group class instructors as Turbo Kick, released for the home exercise market. Turbo fire is available from Beachbody. The disadvantage if you don't like super fast kickboxing is the Turbo Fire has the highest speed of any kickboxing I have ever done. turbo Fan is a bit slower paced.

Ilaria 's Powerstrike is petty neat too.

I didn't know that you could order Turbo Fan. Thanks for the information! I love Chalene. I have all of her Turbo Jam but haven't gotten her Turbo Fire yet. I want to but am waiting a bit to get it.

Mom as doctor

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.