Just wondering

Kimenem

Cathlete
When people say they are "runners," are they actually talking about all out running or more of a jog? I'm definitely doing a jog so maybe I've been kidding myself.

Last edited:
I'm a runner. I'm slow but my walk is slower. ;)

If there is a difference between your walk and your jog/run, then you are a runner!! Don't sell yourself short.

I tell my DH, "I'm going to run on the treadmill now," when, in reality, I'm alternating between intervals of brisk walking and jogging/running. My faster intervals feel like all-out running to me, but I'm sure that my run could easily be someone else's jog. If you feel like you're challenging yourself and getting something out of it, then call it whatever you want. That's what I say!

Ok so, when people say they really dropped the weight or started to lean out when they began running, what were they doing??? :confused:

I say go whatever pace is most comfortable for you. I call myself a runner, but I sure wouldn't win any speed races.

I can do a 10K in about an hour, so I figure overall I'm running a 10 minute mile. I probably go faster when I don't run as far. My daily run is 5K and I do that in a bit less than 30 minutes.

If you're not crawling and not walking and your moving without wheels then you're running. :)

I started doing run/walk intervals and I still do and I consider it running. I have leaned out by doing this.

I definitely see a difference between a jog and a run when I watch people. A jog looks like more of a trot (and I can outwalk some slow joggers), a run is a beautiful move to behold : smooth and fluid, with long strides, especially some runners.

But you can call what you do whatever you want, as long as it's faster than your walk, and both feet are off the ground at some point (what differentiates running from walking).

If you're not crawling and not walking and your moving without wheels then you're running. :)

TOO FUNNY!!!!! :D :D :D

Well, I doubt I'll ever be one of these beautiful sights to behold as Kathryn put it, but I suppose what I am doing is better than sitting on the couch ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.