Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself...

LisaH

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa and I just ordered my first Cathe DVD on Saturday. I ordered Volume 3 of the Intensity Series. It was then that I found this forum. I am 39, married and have a 20 year old son - my husband and I hope to have another child in the near future. I currently lift weights (on my own) and I run 5 miles a night. My overall goal is to tighten up, I'm especially neurotic about the skin on my upper arms - no batwings here PLEASE! I hope to learn a lot from the rest of you and hope in some small way to help when I can.

Lisa

Hi Lisa! It's great to have you here. I definitely think you'll enjoy the forum (and of course your new Cathe workouts). This is a great place for motivation and support for all your workouts. Is volume 3 the pyramids? Great workouts, but then again I love the entire series. But they are tough, at least to me! Again, I hope you enjoy your workouts and welcome!

Angela

Hi Angela,

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, in volume 3 Cathe uses the Pyramid System, that's why I ordered it. Way back, when I first started lifting weights, I used the pyramid system and got incredible results - I'm hoping to get similar results again with this tape. Also, I know that I will be working harder using a tape than working out on my own - on my own I can rest a little longer between sets ;)

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for introducing yourself! You will enjoy the pyramid series. Cathe is a great teacher. I hope you get more of her workouts. Slow and Heavy is a wonderful set, too. I have learned much from it- and from all the others (I have 'em all!)

-Connie

Hi Connie,

I wish the tape were here already. I guess I'm going to have to check out Slow and Heavy, I am always up for learning something new and adding a new workout tape to my collection :)

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! It's great to have you here! You will find much knowledge, guidance, and just plain ole' support on this forum. You'll love the Pyramids!:D It took me a few times doing them before I really got hooked on them. They're a lot different than Cathe's other strength vids. And like everyone will tell you, once you get one Cathe vid, you'll end up getting them all!:7
Welcome again!
Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

Hi Lisa and welcome, a bunch of us are 39 but I can't say that my son's are anywhere near 20, try 11,9 and 6.5. You will love Cathe's strength tapes.:D I have been doing Cathe for about 8 months now and can't wait to increase my collection!! Enjoy the board and glean all the information you can off of it!! Let us know how you are doing once your DVDs arrive!:7

Welcome..you will have lots of fun around this place! Ilove comming here.There is so much info flying around.
I can also say congrats b/c you have just stummbled upon a addiction.But it is a good one.You will now be saving every cent you have for more workouts and you will be telling all of your family members that you want videos for your b-day,christmas,etc...thats what everyone else here does!
Let us know how you make out with your new workout.Cathe is the best! You won't have to worry about batwings when you start spending all your time with cathe
Lori

Hi, Lisa!
Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of support and info here. Do you know about videofitness.com? It's another fitness forum for those of us who work out to videos at home, but is not instructor specific. Lots of good folks there as well. These are the only two web forums I come to regularly.

Hi there :) I can only repeat what every said here and let you know that you are Welcome and that you will enjoy it here. Oh, and not to mention the fact that you'll love the videos. You will soon be buying Cathe's entire collection... It doesn't take long to convert people into official addicts around here.

And this is more than just a fitness forum. These guys are around for just about anything you need. Truly wonderful, supportive, and informative women (and men :) ). See you around!

Sara

OMG, everyone is so wonderful on this forum. Thank you all so very much for the fantastic welcome, I "truly" appreciate it! I have to tell all of you I received my DVD. I can't believe it! I ordered it Saturday night and it came already. The only bad thing is that I am trying to get out the door for a business meeting and I won't be home until late tonight :-( I won't even get a chance to preview it. However, tomorrow night I definitely know what I will be doing :) YAY!!!

I didn't know about videofitness.com, I will have to check it out. Also, as for Cathe's other tapes, I bet I will be ordering the weight lifting tapes but I know for sure I won't order her step or other aerobic tapes, my God, I would never be able to get through a tape, heck I bet I wouldn't be able to get through the first 10 minutes of a tape. I was watching the video clips and couldn't believe how HARD they appear. Sice I am a total clutz, I'll just have to stick to my running!

Thanks everyone,
Lisa

HI Lisa, and welcome! Yeah, there is nothing quite like a Cathe workout, be it weights or cardio. If you ever feel the urge to give one of her cardio tapes a try we are all full of good suggestions for starter tapes! But, a lot of the moves appear a lot harder than they really are, because once you get into the groove of the workout everything just flows, and Cathe is great at cueing.
Let us know what you think about your new DVD!!

Kathy

Welcome to Cathe's Lisa.
You'll have fun with Cathe's videos but you'll also have fun with this wonderful group here on this forum. Anything you want to know, seems like somebody will have an answer if not The answer. LOL Cathe calls this 'the educated crowd' :7 :7 :7 Come on in and make yourself at home.:p

Hi Lisa! I THINK I welcomed you on one of the other forums, but just in case: WELCOOOOME! So glad to have you here. Fun, fun place and just you wait til you get that first vid you ordered. You are in for the beginning of something you'll wonder what you did without! Look forward to "seeing" you around.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Lisa, just what DebbieH said. I can't believe I didn't find Cathe sooner. And by the way welcome to our forum. You will have wonderful advice here. Well I am 37 and have 2 boys 15 and 8. I have been married for 16 years:eek:. P.S. I know I met you in another forum but just wanted to say welcome and tell you a little about myself.

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me. I finally got a whole Cathe workout under my belt and all I can say is Oy Vey! It was difficult but fantastic. I can certainly understand that by doing the Intensity Vol 3 tape, 2 - 3 times per week, I'll see remarkable results. I especially liked the ab section with the stability ball. What a GREAT workout.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.