Just started STS - should I do 3-month or 6-month rotation?

jewels5

Cathlete
I just started STS yesterday (finally:))and I loved it!

I was curious if anyone else happened to start yesterday too, and if you were doing the 3-month or 6-month rotation? For those who have done both, which would you recommend? This is my first time and I'm so excited! :D

Thanks!

Julie

This is my 1st time too. I'm doing the 3 mo rotation, disc 31 today and I had to buy 2 10# discs for my bar bell so I could go up to 70lbs on rows & deadlifts and I've been going slow and cautious so I don't hurt myself. I am so pleased with this program. I am in my fifties and I honestly don't think I have ever been so fit in my life. I am a corrections officer at a jail and we are in contract negotiations and have asked for a 2% raise for passing a standard fitness test. For my age group the requirments are 12 pushups (on knees) 15 situps run 1.5 in 15 minutes ect. I will be able to meet the standards for 20-29 year old! I am so thankful I found Cathe. After Christmas I'll try the 6 mo rotation.

I just started a 6 month rotation. I did the 3 1/2 month from July - October and was very pleased with the results. Did Disc 1 yesterday and was so pleased with how I was able to do all the push-ups straight-legged which I couldn't do even on my knees back in July. If you make it all the way to the end of Meso 3, you're going to be thrilled. Meso 2 is fun, and Meso 3 just makes you feel tough. 3 was my favorite.

Did Disc 1 yesterday and was so pleased with how I was able to do all the push-ups straight-legged which I couldn't do even on my knees back in July.

Way to go! So glad to know there's hope! I felt like a failure doing most of them on my knees.:eek:

I've decided to start with the 3-month rotation. After all the talk of the new DVDs I'd like to try some (maybe all;)) of them out, then go for the 6-month rotation to take me through the summer.:D

I just started STS also. I did disc #1 today and all my push ups were on my knees. I'm trying out the 3 month rotation to start with. I can't believe I waited this long to start. I don't have the STS tower and I'm hoping I can work around that. Good Luck with your program it sounds as though it will be well worth it!

I'm sticking with an STS rotation for my first time. I'm just doing one disc every other day. I hope I'll be able to do real push-ups by the end of the third series!

STS for the first time

Hey. I finally decided to get off my fat butt and start STS. I tried once and got almost 4 weeks into it before something happened and I had to stop and then never went back. anyway, all of the posts I have been reading have inspired me to start this weekend. Thanks all of you for inspiring me!!!!!

Theresa

I ended up purchasing the tower and used it for the first time today. I was amazed at what a difference it made in the pull ups/chin ups! (I was using the tubing beforehand).

I can still only do about 4 really good push ups on my toes, but I'm happy.:) I am the most sore today than I've been since starting the program. (I did Disc 11 today.)

I can't believe I waited this long either, but I'm so glad I finally started!

6 or 3

Im going to be starting again in Jan. I want to repeat some of my 1RM first. Im on the fence and cant decide which rotation I want to follow. Ive done both the 3 and 6 month rotations, and I felt my results were way better with the 6 month rotation...but that is such a LONG time. I dont know if I have it in me to do it for that long again. I start missing other works, especially circuit workouts which are my favorite. Has anyone else felt their results were better with 6 months, or is it just me?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.