Just finished STS disc #1 .... oh boy!!

I am SO with you!! Those pushups in Meso 1 were terrible for me! I was really glad to finish with the whole cycle so I wouldn't have to do so many *%*&^ pushups!! Can you tell I hate them? :D (and yes, I know they are good for me, but so are brussels sprouts and I hate them too!!)

Good too know that I am not the only one!! Thanks Girls!
How far are you both? or have you finished a rotation? Did you get good results?

Good too know that I am not the only one!! Thanks Girls!
How far are you both? or have you finished a rotation? Did you get good results?

I just finished Meso 2 and I'm in my "rest week" before starting Meso 3. This is my first time through. I definitely feel stronger and tighter and have noticed that my endurance has increased when I do cardio. I didn't measure before I started ( I was lucky to do the 1RM!!) so I don't know if I've lost inches based on a measuring tape but my pants feel looser so I must have lost something or at least tightened up what I have.

I forgot there are some pushups in Meso 2 (probably tried to block them from memory!!) but not nearly as many.

Oh, to replace the pushups in the "dreaded" column in Meso 1 are the chinups/pullups in Meso 2. Yucch! I feel like the 98 lb weakling from the ancient Charles Atlas ads, although if I weighed 98 lbs they'd probably be a lot easier! :p

I just finished Disc 1 yesterday too. This is my first time through STS. I am sore today along the sides of my torso and nowhere else and was a little disappointed by that. I couldn't figure out what made me sore until I was showing my sister the uneven hand pushups and then I knew exactly what did it to me. It did seem like there were a billion pushups. I gave up with doing them straight leg about halfway through the first set of the first exercise! I guess I have a long way to go. Good luck.

I just started STS for the first time also. I'm doing it with my husband (and I smoked him on the pushups which was sort of fun >:) )

I was also disappointed about not being more sore, but since we are starting with lower weight, maybe that will come on the next mesocycles?

I also wonder how accurate the 1RM test are. Your strength changes every day based on what you ate, how you slept, what workouts you've been doing. So, those weights are estimates, not perfect every day.

I was annoyed that sometimes the exercise sheets says NA when she is using weights. Guessing what to use at the last minute was a little stressful.

Good luck to everyone on the rest of the rotation!

Well Just finished STS disc#3 I am a little sore today have been since Monday disc #1
Does anyone know what green band that Cathe uses in Meso 1 disc # 3 .. I have bands put they don't seem as long as hers and i have a hard time doing some of the arm work.

I found the same problem with the exercise sheet also Handles! MMA Kickboxing tomorrow round 2 ... lol hope i get better!!

Does anyone have Butts and Guts? I haven't done it yet not sure when/where to include it in my weekly workouts! Any advice would be awesome!

Well Just finished STS disc#3 I am a little sore today have been since Monday disc #1
Does anyone know what green band that Cathe uses in Meso 1 disc # 3 .. I have bands put they don't seem as long as hers and i have a hard time doing some of the arm work.

I originally used a dynaband and broke it (I was on my second one). I then bought an 18 foot band roll that has measured marks on it and I cut it into three sections of 6' each, which I believe is the length that Cathe uses. The bands will break eventually so now I have an heir and 2 spares. Plus the longevity of the band is also shortened since the plastic/latex is attractive to one of my four cats (see-pushups and "trying not to squoosh the cat" comment elsewhere!!:D) There are also 4' length bands available out there and that may be what you have now. I don't think that is long enough for what Cathe does.

It can be tricky changing weights in the alloted time, especially in Meso 1. Meso 2 isn't so bad timewise but I don't always make it in the drop sets that only give you 10 seconds between changes. I'm getting better at it, though!

Thanks for the advice Cataddict!

I will see if I can find an 18 foot band!.. LOL my dog gets in the way all the time she is a dobie ... I tried putting her on the treadmill but she hates it. She would rather me bike with her! How often do you get Ab work in? I was told at least 3 times a week.. trying to figure out were too fit it all in with my STS starting on Mondays .. Wednesday and Fridays! MMA Kickboxing on cardio days... any ideas?

Ketros,

I got my band roll at power-systems.com. I'm not sure if this link works but here goes...

http://www.power-systems.com/p-4164-thera-band-exercise-bands.aspx

They also had longer rolls and sometimes offer free shipping. Cathe also carried the longer bands but I didn't see them on the website this week.

I tack on one of the ab circuit workouts at the end of my cardio workout or another ab workout of some kind. I don't do abs 3x per week specifically, I find that the kickboxing that I do on non-STS days works the core hard enough to be considered one ab workout for me. I probably do 1 or 2 dedicated ab workouts plus what I get in kickboxing.

I just got done Sts week #1 Legs.. My flipping legs are killing me today!! Is this normal? I did a treadmil workout this morning 50 mins inclining every 10 mins.. they felt better after with a good stretch.
Man I am so looking forward to Sunday!! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.