Just finished my first round of STS....

Shantabulous

Cathlete
.....and I can't wait to start round 2!! My question is, how long should I take off? Just do a normal recovery week then go right into it, or would my muscles benefit more from taking a few weeks off and "shocking" them again??

It stated in the STS book that you can take one week off before beginning again. When I finish in a couple of weeks, I will do other Cathe workouts and start up again in the fall.

I would take a week off and then get back into Meso 2. Of the 3 sets, Meso 2 is my favorite because it mirrors the way I usually lift weights to begin with. I read an article about lifting which stated it takes about 2 weeks for strength gains to begin to subside, of course who knows from individual to the next if that holds water. I have found that one week is a good rest period from lifting.

Buneknek-I had pretty good results considering I came off of an Insanity rotation, followed by P90X rotation into STS. My arms are where I saw the most results.

DirtDiva-Why skip Meso 1? Seems like you would getter better results by doing the program as written? My 1 RM will be more this time around, so I should be able to lift heavier in all cycles.

Last edited:
Buneknek-I had pretty good results considering I came off of an Insanity rotation, followed by P90X rotation into STS. My arms are where I saw the most results.

DirtDiva-Why skip Meso 1? Seems like you would getter better results by doing the program as written? My 1 RM will be more this time around, so I should be able to lift heavier in all cycles.

Oh duh....! I completely misunderstood :eek:. I thought Round 1 was referring to Meso 1 and ready for Meso 2. I wouldn't skip any of the Meso's either. I took a couple of months off the first time, and the second time around I only took 3 weeks off when I did it the 3rd time I only had a 2 week rest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.