Just Curious...Anyone Watching the Football Playoffs?

I'm a Steeler Fan but also root for the Titans since we live in TN.They need to get rid of Cowher!
I'm rooting for the Colts and Payton Manning. My husband played college football at Tulane in New orleans and the Saints quarterback named Archie Manning used to sometimes practice in the summer with the team and would bring his little boys to watch....

jen

I love football! I see I will be in the minority regarding the Panthers Vs. Rams... St. Louis gal here who loves her hometown teams... although I am not a Mikey Smartz I mean Mike Martz fan... my dislike goes back beyond Saturday. I was disappointed that the Packers lost. :( I watched the Colts and KC... I like both teams so it didn't matter... GREAT GAME!! I was also happy about the Pats! I am so looking forward to the Colts and Pats next weekend!

Nice to see so many of us liking football! I was pulling for the Rams too. Not sure what Martz was thinking those last few seconds of regulation time...:(...I was also disappointed with the Packers loss, and so was my hubby. I do like the Eagles though. I think the Colts / Pats game should be a good one this weekend. Also the Eagles / Panthers...then....WOW...the Superbowl.

RE: Just Curious...Anyone Watching the Football Playoff...

I am from St Louis so I was pulling for the Rams. I also did not know what Mike Martz was thinking the last part of the game.

Look for Warner as your starting QB in St. Louis next year. Bulger blew it big Saturday and Martz' conservative play-calling has to do with the fact that they have no confidence in Bulger.
Trevor

Trevor- just curious since you're in the MD area- not a Skins fan? We're thrilled here that Joe Gibbs is coming back (as a NASCAR fan, that might make you happy)...
Brenda

Hi Brenda!
Gibbs has alot to prove since he's been gone so long from the NFL. The fact is, he's pretty darn smart, the Skins already have the talent in place, and they'll probably win 8 or 9 next year. Spurrier proved he's nothing more than a great college coach.
Gibbs' race team is going to his son so I expect no dropoff from those guys. They have two awesome drivers in Bobby Labonte and Tony Stewart. Look for Jeff Gordon to win it all again next year. He's the most skilled driver on this planet along with Michael Schumacher of F1.
I am a Steelers fan to the core. Hopefully they'll be back next year. They really underperformed this year.
Trevor :)

Glad to see I am not alone! :) You could be right Trevor... Warner made the statement on the news the other night that he will be playing next season weather it is STL or not... so we will see what happens. Ok lundquist93, stop rubbing salt in my wounds!! :p GO EAGLES!!! :)

Now that would be cool if Warner came back to ST Louis! Maybe they should have put him in at halftime!!...:)...I'll jump on your boat Autumn and root for the Eagles. Seems everyone has their favorite team. Mine I think performed worse than the Steelers...this weekend's games should be good!!...Carole

Well....down to the last playoff weekend...:(....I am looking forward to watching and seeing some great games! I know there are alot of fans here with their teams playing today...I wish all the teams luck...and we'll see who is going to the SuperBowl!!!...:)...Carole

Well, since my Browns will probably never get there in my lifetime (but, they still are my favorite) -I pick the Colts to go all the way. Manning has a perfect arm this season and I predict they do it.
Today is a great day for football! Enjoy the games.

I'm rooting for the Colts and Panthers although it could go either way. None of these teams are what I consider "great" and each one has glaring weaknesses in various areas. New England has average players at best at most of the skill positions. Their defense plays well as a unit though. The Colts have NO defense and will need Manning to take them all the way. The Eagles can be run on fairly easily and they usually start out games acting like they forgot what a football looks like. If the Panthers have a healthy Stephen Davis then watch out. Also the Panthers QB is underrated and a good story.
I miss the days when there were at least a few teams who were well-balanced and really good.
Good luck to everyone who is rooting for one of the teams today!!
Trevor :)

Very well said Trevor. I do agree with your analysis of these teams. I am favoring the Colts a bit as I loved the way they came back against the Bucs in that Monday night game..:)...as for the other game....not sure who I favor more, I like the Eagles colors! They match my car. I do think maybe the teams were a bit stronger last year, meaning the Raiders and the Bucs. But since the Raiders didn't quite show up for the Superbowl, I would hope to watch a better Superbowl this year...:)...Carole

WOW!!!
What a game! Peyton and the Colts couldn't pull off another shocker. OK, the next game should be pretty good. Either team I'll take - this may be McNabb's year...finally.

YEAH PATS!!!! GOing to the super bowl!!! Law was amazing!! Yeah Pats...

On to the super bowl.. Amazing and with only 2 pro bowlers.. what a team ! That's what it is all about playing spectacularly as team.

Jennifit and Robyn6002

Hey...Congrats to those PATS!!! I am sure Manning didn't purposely use Law as on of his receivers...:)...New England played very well...now on to the Superbowl against the Carolina Panthers....:)...Carole

I love football too I really was sad when My Brett Favre lost I was hoping they would go all the way Simply because I Love to watch him play! So after a slight depression monday I decided I owuld cheer for Indianapolis over NE but that did not go well I wanted Carolina to beat Philadelphia so now I iwll hope for them to win the Super Bowl! Then what willl we do with our long minnesota cold days Hum mayeb spring will be here early!
Lisa

Lisa

Lisa, I have been a Brett Farve fan for a long time. I was so very sad for him when he had to play that Monday night game after loosing his father. He is incredible to watch. I wanted the Colts too...:(...I will probably pull for the Panthers as I usually go for the underdog when none of my teams make it. I guess I'll just have to do more Cathe workouts when Football is over...:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.