Just 4 Fun - Who were U named after?

Yummy Mummy

Cathlete
Were your parents "ultra cool and hip in a funky way" and named you after someone famous perhaps?

I was named Marion after my Mothers sister, who is also my Godmother
My middle name Maria, is my Grandmothers name

So at school I was often called M&M

Wonna share?

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

I was named after Elvis Presley's daughter. Dad loves Elvis and they couldn't come up with any other name for 2 days after I was born. It's fun when people tease me about the name...... (rolled eyes) :)

My parents named me after Crystal Gayle.
My younger sister after Tanya Tucker.
My older sister is called Grace because when my mom was 8+ months pregnant with her, she got into a pretty bad car accident and busted her collar bone.

Interesting. Great question!

Gayle

I'm not named after anyone. My mother just thought I looked like a Donna when I was born. It was a pretty popular name in the 60's.

My daughter is named after my husband's mother (Teresa), who died of cancer in 1997, and my brother (Michael), who died in 1999. Her name is Teresa Michele.

I'm not keen on naming children after celebrities. I don't get that.

Oh, man! My parents named me after Shari Lewis--you know, the puppet lady? Lambchop and all that? How embarrassing! Oh, well, some of their other choices made me feel like I got off easy.

Shari

Shari!

I Uve Yamchop!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I wasn't named after anyone. I am a twin and my Mom wanted the names Debra (Debbie) and Danene (Sp.?). Grandma was upset because she wanted a Susan, sooo we are Debbie & Susan. Not exacly twin names! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I was named after someone my mother went to high school with. She wasn't a great friend of hers, just someone where she loved the name and decided, "If I ever have a daughter...."

Liane

Oh My gosh Dont laugh here LOL. My parents are Catholic.(Iam too) . Any how I was born on DEC 8 .A Holy Day In the Church . Something about the Virgin Mary. So they Named me Mary !!!

I was named after a character on All My Children in the early
70's. My mom named all of us kids after soap opera people (I think).
Kind of interesting anyway.

Tara (which is my real name - don't think there was a teedums
on AMC)

:)

I was also named after someone my mom knew in high school. Now my mom can't remember anything about that person (other than the name, obviously).

DebR!

That is too funny! Not only that, but my Grandpa always said I was named after Debbie Reynolds because she was soooo pretty. I appreciated his thoughts! :7

My parents named me Magdalen--it's biblical, I know, but that's not the reason they gave it to me. They just liked it, I guess. I like it too, but I go by Maggie--just easier for most folks and sounds less formal.

:)

I was named after the country singer Brenda Lee, although my middle name is spelled differently, Lea, and pronounced like Princess Lea from Star Wars. It's funny because I'm Chinese and my parents decided to name me after a good ol' American country singer!:)

i am named Jessica after the Allman Brothers song. it was my parents' favorite song and they listened to it every morning to get them in a happy mood for the day. it didn't rub off on me, i am NO morning person!!!! My middle name is Danielle after Daniel in the bible. They thought it would give me courage.

good thread Marion! very interesting!

jes:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.