Join Us: Chicago 2012 Road Trip is On!

Advice for 1st timers

This is my second road trip (I went to Glassboro in 2009) and, let me tell you, I never would have done it if my sister hadn't talked me into it. I had an advantage that she seemed to know EVERYONE :) but I was still very nervous. I had never taken any kind of class before. The only thing I did was exercise with Cathe on the TV and that was it.

I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up or I wouldn't fit in etc.

However... when I got there, first of all, all newcomers were instantly greeted by anyone nearby. "Who are you? Where are you from? First time? Oh you're so and so from the forums, I know you!" etc. It's really easy to talk to people because we're all there for the same reason. BTW, if you put your real picture on your profile on the forums then people will recognize you when they see you.

Then, the classes: from the moment Cathe ran into the room in the first class, I felt like I belonged there. It was like watching her on TV except she was right there. I just followed the people in front of me. If you mess up, nobody notices or cares. I couldn't keep up with the upper body class or lower body for that matter so I just modified and did fewer reps and rested a lot. I still got a lot out of it.

So, don't worry. It will be FUN!

-- Mindy

Cathe, I'm bringing along one of my clients and she can't wait to meet u! She'll probably want to meet u so I'll just shut up about u and the RT already! Whoohooo! Gonna get winded in the windy city!!!

Those who are nervous...

I am reading all of the posts and I am very excited to read that many women who are feeling out of their comfort zone have decided that they are going to come. This is also my first road trip and I am very excited to meet everybody. I can't imagine from reading all the posts that likeminded women are going to be judgemental; regardless of your fitness level it is awesome that we are all participating....
Looking forward to meeting everybody....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.