Joe Paterno

That's what child molestation should be called. Everyone should show their anger and disgust. BTW according to a piece on I think "Good morning America" today Elizabeth Smart and another lady both who were sexually molested said this is the FASTEST growing crime today. Driven by their own disgusting lust predators , pedaphiles. The public outrage will hopefully grow and grow. ENOUGH already with all the adulation of coaches, sports stars and any kind of celebrity or politician etc.. Did anyone think about the young children? The fear they felt? BTW..I was molested as a kid 3years old and you never forget. Forgiveness came years later but I never forgot.

I agree completely. I don't understand why this often leads to such a short sentence. Its usually just ignored. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know how light was shed on this? My mom said it was a reporter who kept putting articles in the paper but was getting ignored. She said he wrote something that got the attention of police or DA or something and the investigation began. Anyone here how this came to the media attention and then to us?

Debbie, after doing some googling this is what I've found.

Here's a couple links. The 1st one is a timeline.

Key dates in the Penn State Nittany Lions sex abuse case - ESPN

March 2011
Harrisburg (Pa.) Patriot-News reports that grand jury is investigating Sandusky on allegations of indecent assault against a teenage boy. The Patriot-News reports that five people with knowledge of the case said the grand jury has been meeting for 18 months and has called witnesses, including Paterno and Curley. Penn State declines comment.

The 2nd one I found, is where a reporter 1st reported on it back in March 2011.

How a Broward reporter beat journalism’s giants - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

And interesting, in that timeline Victim 1 says he met with Sandusky when he was 11 or 12 and on our news channel last night he says it never happened. WTF? He was the one who went to the police about it. He's the one that got Sandusky banned from Clinton school. I don't get why he's backing down now?

Yeah, I don't get that either. Maybe he's afraid of backlash?

My brother was telling me how he thought it was interesting that Joe Paterno recently broke some record (not sure which one) and that whoever broke the story (might) have been forced to keep it quiet until Paterno broke this record. In a big school like that, I can see that happening.

I read today that Joe Paterno is going to receive a $500K/yr pension. Wow. For coaching a football team. What a contribution to benefit society in general.

He also made his wife the sole owner of their house, for "estate planning purposes" yesterday. More like "CYA purposes", if you ask me.

The other day on "Anderson," there were many students, profs, alumni that spoke about the devastation in State College PA. I believe that adults SHOULD and MUST protect children that are in their care. It is clearly abuse. My heart goes out to the victims and their families to have to deal with this. I volunteer for active 18 monthers at church and I am priviledged to serve to these high energy tots. You take care of kids like they were you own.
In regards to PSU, the students are upset and should be. They desire to make a change from this. Some of them bought up some very interesting points.
It is unfortunate for the cover-up and lies that followed, I know there is alot of money that a college depends on for a sports program. My Dad was recruited by Penn State and many other Big Ten schools to be the team doc and to run a sports med program. He did turn down PSU and a couple of others.
Sandusky should spend the rest of his life locked up.

I would caution not to jump to premature conclusions. Just because it says so in a police report, the Grand Jury rubber stamps the prosecutors requests and the media goes in a frenzy doesn't mean that it is true. From first hand experience I know more than I care to know about child molestation accusations and how some detectives lie in the police report to fit their narrative, and how some prosecutors don't care about guilt or innocence, truth or lie, they just want to make it stick and getting a conviction for a child molester will alway look good on their resume.

To me the question is: what verifiable evidence do they really have? Many other cases that I know about the detectives make up stuff as they go along. We, as a society are going so crazy about child molesters and sex stuff that we expect a child molester behind every bush and forget common sense. Numerous people in the justice system have told me off the record that once they have you in the system the prosecutor just wants to make it stick, they really don't care about truth or lie, innocence or guilt.
In cases like child molestation they usually have an easy game with the public, it furthers their careers to "catch" a child molester. And for the accused his/her constitutional rights are kicked to the curb, with those accusations the accused have to prove that they are innocent.

The daughter of a friend of mine (daughter is a teacher) is spending 11 years in jail for alleged child molestation despite of the fact that all witnesses recanted and admitted they lied.

Or read the the case of Sean Lanigan http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/?Sean Lanigan, Acquitted of Abuse, Tries to Put Life Back Together « Fathers & Families

Tonya Craft is another example Tonya Craft: Did Grudges Lead to Child Molestation Witch Hunt? - Crimesider - CBS News

Or the witch hunt in CA www.witchhuntmovie.com

From my experience I have learned to ask questions and wait for the actual evidence, instead of taking everything police,, prosecutor or media spread at face value.

Probabably not the popular opinion here but born out of personal experience and lots of research. I don't know if the Penn State accusations are true, if they are, those involved should be punished to the full extent of the law but as far as I am concerned I consider them innocent until proven guilty.

Sandusky is guilty. Plain and simple. The facts are there, they just need to bring it to the jury.

This has been documented for too long. Something bad was going on there and everyone involved knew it.

There was and eye witness to one of the assults so how can you say there has been no prove he did it. If you read the report he says that the rythmic slapping that Mc Queary heard was towel snapping really! Does he really expect people to believe that?

Sandusky is guilty. Plain and simple. The facts are there, they just need to bring it to the jury.

This has been documented for too long. Something bad was going on there and everyone involved knew it.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but to many people knew about this and it went on for years.

People can say innocent till proven guilty, but Really? :rolleyes: The man's guilty as sin.

I may be opening a whole other can of worms...but people used to get the death penalty for stuff like this.... and I am not opposed to that. (that is...for Sandusky's actions)

I may be opening a whole other can of worms...but people used to get the death penalty for stuff like this.... and I am not opposed to that. (that is...for Sandusky's actions)

I'm not sure how I feel about the death penalty. I use to be all for it, but now with people being found innocent years after they've been in prison because of DNA evidence, I'm not so sure anymore. :confused:

Shameful mess

After following this sick story for awhile, I've concluded that the football legacy of Penn State & Paterno trumped the welfare of the kids who were the victims of that sicko, Sandusky. They should take that Paterno statue down at the school. As for Sandusky, may he spend his remaining days in the slammer! Not sure that I believe in hell, but if there is one, it's reserved for creeps like him!

After following this sick story for awhile, I've concluded that the football legacy of Penn State & Paterno trumped the welfare of the kids who were the victims of that sicko, Sandusky. They should take that Paterno statue down at the school. As for Sandusky, may he spend his remaining days in the slammer! Not sure that I believe in hell, but if there is one, it's reserved for creeps like him!

Agreed and don't forget about all the money made from the football. Its sickening.

I am not saying that they are innocent for sure. I have no idea. Just like no one at this point can say for a fact that they are guilty. All I am saying is not to jump to premature conclusions. I admit that from the reports it looks bad. But no one knows what the eye witnesses actually said, how their testimony was obtained and what they will actually testify to at a trial. It wouldn't be the first time that a witness story makes no sense. Or later admit that they lied. Right now the story is very one sided, only the view of the prosecution.

How easily some of them try to win the media game and make evidence we have seen in the Duke Lacrosse case, where the prosecutor, Mike Nifong was later disbarred. Or in the Tonya Craft case where prosecutors and detectives clearly commited perjury to make their case. Fortunately the jury was smart enough to see those shenenigans. The Strauss-Kahn case looked like a slamdunk until it imploded.

I find it really concerning that every time someone is accused they are presumed automatically guilty by the public, often resulting in destroyed lives and families. People should be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I hope that no one of you or your loved ones is ever thrown into a situation like that because it makes your head spin what the justice system is capable of.

As to the question why alleged victim 1 would say now that nothing happened, a possibility would be that nothing happened.

As to McQuery, if he actually saw a horrific assault on a 10 year old boy why on earth did he not interfere? Or immediately call 911. And then he waits that long to come forward? To me that leaves many questions in my mind about McQuery.

Last edited:
I find it really concerning that every time someone is accused they are presumed automatically guilty by the public, often resulting in destroyed lives and families. People should be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I gotta agree with you on this, especially when it comes to the media. Personally, I think he's guilty, but isn't the media suppose to be a unbiased? Every report I watch, they've basically got him tried and conficted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.